Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

GalacticAcid posted:

what was the original "we'll watch the skies"

RIP the dorner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

zegermans posted:

Yeah why was the DSA thread closed it served as a nice blowoff of frustrated angry internet people thinking they were doing anything important

I thought your new gimmick was not being the worst poster on CSPAM?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/746022114042478592

:grin:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I thought your new gimmick was not being the worst poster on CSPAM?

I calls it like I sees it, the DSA is kind of a joke

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zegermans posted:

Yeah why was the DSA thread closed it served as a nice blowoff of frustrated angry internet people thinking they were doing anything important

How ironic.... they resembled what they sought to change... *shakes head*

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So did anybody notice that Dem and GOP senators worked together to sanction Iran and Russia this week?

Bipartisanship :thumbsup:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

How ironic.... they resembled what they sought to change... *shakes head*

its treason, then

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Frijolero posted:

So did anybody notice that Dem and GOP senators worked together to sanction Iran and Russia this week?

Bipartisanship :thumbsup:

sanctions do absolutely nothing, though

it's about as significant as when the two parties come together to bipartisanly pick a name for a post office

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zegermans posted:

I calls it like I sees it, the DSA is kind of a joke

Turn on your monitor.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
the DSA is cool, and good.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

the DSA is cool, and good.

I agree

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Maybe Ace of Baes shut down his own thread because he was gonna be busy today.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
The Washington consensus is a hell of a drug but yeah Russia sanctions are kind of meaningless.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
This organization that takes 0 non-indivdual donations and requires yearly dues from it's members has only quadrupled in size over the past year!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Dunno seems like his schedule cleared up by mid-morning?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

This organization that takes 0 non-indivdual donations and requires yearly dues from it's members has only quadrupled in size over the past year!

My favorite twitch streamer's channel has sextupled in a month.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

Nice, the sex word.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I actually shut it down to if ppl would think it was the FBI or w.e.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zegermans posted:

You jack off to video games???

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

My favorite twitch streamer's channel

I'm still in shock that this is a thing. The fact that people make hundreds of thousands of dollars streaming video games on the internet blows my mind.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zegermans posted:

img-50-person-DSA-meeting-in-liberal-city-of-8-million

thats about the same size as a particulary large county or city dem or GOP meeting

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

zegermans posted:

congratulations on your six viewers zegermans

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

NewForumSoftware posted:

I'm still in shock that this is a thing. The fact that people make hundreds of thousands of dollars streaming video games on the internet blows my mind.

wait you can do that?

do you have to be any good at video games?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
v ideogames

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

wait you can do that?

It requires a strong combination of personality, gaming talent, steaming know-how, and luck. Very few make it "big".

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Shear Modulus posted:

wait you can do that?

here's the real kicker from where I stand

esports seems to be less popular than twitch streaming, or at least makes less money. so I mean, you can get paid for being good, but you'll make a few orders of magnitude less cash than some guy who's "entertaining" (I'll leave it to your imagination as to what qualifies as entertaining to an audience largely comprised of upper middle class white males)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

Most of them make only "thousands" and that's if they're a relatively big name with solid monetization. Still, the prospect of living cheaply in bumfuck nowhere with premium internet access as your only real need and business expense and living off of video games and low-tier internet fame is a pretty cool one.

#1 requirement is that you have a really nice voice, IMO, so 99% of goons are instantly disqualified.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Jun 14, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

what was the original "we'll watch the skies"

Dorner and Zimmerman was the first time I saw the meme.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm gonna memorize the old dane cook album but replace a bunch of the words with internet memes and make $10 million on twitch.com

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

esports seems to be less popular than twitch streaming, or at least makes less money. so I mean, you can get paid for being good, but you'll make a few orders of magnitude less cash than some guy who's "entertaining" (I'll leave it to your imagination as to what qualifies as entertaining to an audience largely comprised of upper middle class white males)

if you need help imagining the sort of gimmick implicated by this post, heres an example: https://www.twitch.tv/drdisrespectlive

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

Ethereum is up like 3000% since the start of the year.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Agnosticnixie posted:

The Washington consensus is a hell of a drug but yeah Russia sanctions are kind of meaningless.

I mean the US economy should have been sanctioned to ruin when we invaded Iraq but sanctions for just invading a chunk of your neighbors country doesn't seem horrible.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

Twitch streamer pretends to talk from his butt ala Ace Ventura into unplugged headset around hips, is in the upper 1% of income earners in the United States of America

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean the US economy should have been sanctioned to ruin when we invaded Iraq but sanctions for just invading a chunk of your neighbors country doesn't seem horrible.

Honestly sanctioning any major power to death seems like it would be nigh impossible nowadays. Iran is a hell of a lot less likely to be able to function in autarky though.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNews/status/875093213996036098

talk about sucking yourself off lmao

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

NewForumSoftware posted:

Watching people do things is a time honored tradition

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

success at esports seems to be most useful at driving traffic to your twitch stream, but I think it is funny that the opportunity cost for taking time to attend a tournament means that it basically works like a marketing expense for anyone who has made it into the upper echelons of streamers

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

bravely cowering on the ground while they waited for their personal security details to dispatch the scary poor person

so heroic

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Rand Paul hid behind a tree and then was only able to utter the same three sentences over and over to the morning talk shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

So today's shooting was legal and constitutional?

• Locked thread