Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"YOU LIKE THING? I HATE THING! AND I'M RIGHT!" - a generation of defective human beings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cams posted:

"YOU LIKE THING? I HATE THING! AND I'M RIGHT!" - a generation of defective human beings

you don't have to defend the licensed product's honor. it's okay. it'll survive some nerds on a bad comedy forum making fun of it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people acting super cool about video game opinions on the internet is a symptom of defective human behavior and it should be actively discouraged

it is toys, no one is cool

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm cool.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
My mom says I'm cool.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

davebo posted:

My mom says I'm cool.

Did you cosmic her account Wolverine to 60 too? mombo

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

Did you cosmic her account Wolverine to 60 too? mombo

He's cosmiced her 4 times on different accounts and now he's onto..........mombo no.5

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a little bit of logan in my life

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

cams posted:

people acting super cool about video game opinions on the internet is a symptom of defective human behavior and it should be actively discouraged

you dont have to be cool to have a memory or to call a spade a spade, friend.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

cams posted:

Honestly, you're helping someone make a house payment. You keep on keeping on, you diamond you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i paid money for a thing i like, yes. i like the thing. it is why i post in this thread and keep up with it and play it.

spent $500 on the game, including ps4 version, from fall 2013 to now. don't really regret any of it, except early on when i spent $10 on retcon potions when i didn't realize you got flooded with them.

i don't really think i was making a significant dent in the finances for anyone on the dev team for this game. they live in fuckin san francisco, people are paying my annual income for six months rent.

seriously why are gamers such garbage people

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
because they think spending $500 on a thing makes their opinion more right

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let's put an end to this conversation please. I don't want the forum to get an idea that we are active or enjoying ourselves in the game.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

cams posted:

i paid money for a thing i like, yes. i like the thing. it is why i post in this thread and keep up with it and play it.

spent $500 on the game, including ps4 version, from fall 2013 to now. don't really regret any of it, except early on when i spent $10 on retcon potions when i didn't realize you got flooded with them.

i don't really think i was making a significant dent in the finances for anyone on the dev team for this game. they live in fuckin san francisco, people are paying my annual income for six months rent.

I have nearly 500 hours in the game, in my opinion dropping a little cash on a game ive spent 500 hours in isnt crazy. I have paid more for less entertainment if we go purely by hours played.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

because they think spending $500 on a thing makes their opinion more right
an internet guy tried to burn me because i was speaking at all positively, even a little bit, about a game he doesn't like. that is behavior indicative of a defective human being and it should not be tolerated. the endless "lol gaz" posts that people just wait to post constantly without any content or insight whatsoever are similarly dumb but my problem with those is just that they are boring and unfunny. but i get it, people just wanna be part of something.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Let's put an end to this conversation please. I don't want the forum to get an idea that we are active or enjoying ourselves in the game.
i actually have been during the anniversary event. the event splinters got me 3 characters i hadn't played yet. really enjoyed black cat and black bolt. nick fury had some interesting ideas but was pretty lovely overall. having a bunch of skills that require you to reload to use them then not giving you talent options to make reloading happen more often was a weird choice.

will probably do black cat and black bolt to red before the event is over, and maaaybe get my iron fist to cosmic 60 after i accidentally cosmiced him. 1-30 didn't take TOO long when i did it, so i feel like i can take a day and knock it out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The first cosmic always feels incredibly grueling and daunting. Then you do it and It isn't so bad. Good luck to you cams!

It is the way of life.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

1-30 is like 10% the way through.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The first cosmic always feels incredibly grueling and daunting. Then you do it and It isn't so bad. Good luck to you cams!

It is the way of life.
oh no i got my rogue to cosmic 60, it loving sucked once i hit the late 40s. that was one of the longest breaks i ever took from this game.

came back and finished her off when there was some insane event like there is now.

Ghostlight posted:

1-30 is like 10% the way through.
only took me like an hour and a half though. leads me to a question though, the anniversary event has a "cosmic xp boost" for the whole event, but the first week also had cosmic chaos. does the cosmic chaos anniversary bit still double cosmic xp on top of that?

cause the last week of the anniversary has all of the events at once so i feel like it would be easily doable in an entire day.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

cams posted:

The amount of flailing here is amazing. I wasn't being facetious. Without people throwing money at f2p I'd have been significantly poorer out of college. So keep shining on.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cams posted:

an internet guy tried to burn me because i was speaking at all positively, even a little bit, about a game he doesn't like.

your "actually game is good" contrarianism without engaging the substance of anything you respond to is tiresome as poo poo. it isn't just that you are a contrarian - which is annoying on its own - but you also meet effort with no effort then whine about being brushed off as a low-effort troll. the fact that you interlace this with equally lazy "also mobile game is bad and dumb" posts is just the lovely icing.

post better.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Only cams is allowed to be critical of other posters or anything else guys!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PJOmega posted:

The amount of flailing here is amazing. I wasn't being facetious. Without people throwing money at f2p I'd have been significantly poorer out of college. So keep shining on.

Cease to Hope posted:

your "actually game is good" contrarianism without engaging the substance of anything you respond to is tiresome as poo poo. it isn't just that you are a contrarian - which is annoying on its own - but you also meet effort with no effort then whine about being brushed off as a low-effort troll. the fact that you interlace this with equally lazy "also mobile game is bad and dumb" posts is just the lovely icing.

post better.
hi if you think that opinions about video games matter and that someone is a "contrarian" if they disagree with you and you at all care about what someone else thinks about a video game you are a defective human being. please get some perspective and maybe stop talking about video games on the internet for a while.

you think i am a troll because i post in a thread for a game i play, as opposed to you and a bunch of other people who just wants to endlessly make the same posts over and over again to maintain a sense of community on an internet forum. i completely understand wanting that but when people wanna be cunty about it i'm gonna laugh at them.

i genuinely enjoy this game, i would not read or post in this thread if i didn't.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

Only cams is allowed to be critical of other posters or anything else guys!
this is the part where the people who have built a sense of identity and community around posting about how bad a game is on an internet forum come out to defend such behavior because

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cams posted:

you think i am a troll because i post in a thread for a game i play

cams posted:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Someone injected a hot load of sunk cost fallacy into their blood stream I see.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i legitimately do not know what you are trying to say here. are you pointing out that i mocked the guy who mocked me for liking this game? god drat you people are tiresome

really just gotta stop reading these forums

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

Someone injected a hot load of sunk cost fallacy into their blood stream I see.
this need to make value judgments about how people feel about video games is sooooo bizarre to me. internet tribalism.

i like this gaaaaame

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

this is the part where the people who have built a sense of identity and community around posting about how bad a game is on an internet forum come out to defend such behavior because

People are allowed to not like something and talk about how they don't like something. You don't want a forum, you want a hugbox.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

this need to make value judgments about how people feel about video games is sooooo bizarre to me. internet tribalism.

i like this gaaaaame

You're free to like the game but do know its objectively a bad game especially so when compared to its competition. Randomly deleting peoples progress, taking away content, releasing no new content for a really long time etc etc.

Like this games a good progress quest but not a good actual video game. It's cookie clicker with better graphics.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please stop fighting over this broken dead game regardless of how right you think you are because both sides are assholes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

You're free to like the game but do know its objectively a bad game especially so when compared to its competition. Randomly deleting peoples progress, taking away content, releasing no new content for a really long time etc etc.

Grinning Goblin posted:

People are allowed to not like something and talk about how they don't like something. You don't want a forum, you want a hugbox.
hahahahah

Ghostlight posted:

Please stop fighting over this broken dead game regardless of how right you think you are because both sides are assholes.
it is important that i say the words

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Holyshoot posted:

Like this games a good progress quest but not a good actual video game. It's cookie clicker with better graphics.
cool edit

i disagree, it is a decent overall aprg with TONS of variety.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
phyresis was right

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.

Ajax posted:

phyresis was right

He really was ahead of the curve, wasn't he?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This game isn't great, there's lots of things you could pick apart. However, the people who don't like this game seem to have some weird personal vendetta against it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

This game isn't great, there's lots of things you could pick apart. However, the people who don't like this game seem to have some weird personal vendetta against it.

It gets a meh from me. I'd love to sit in a strategy meeting though, if only to see their average purchaser profile. It has to be making enough money to justify licensing fees and the release of the console version.

Maybe comic fans are simply willing to accept a higher point of entry for their branded digital goods. It's true enough with physical goods, where branded nerd goods command an easy 50-100% markup relative to their normal counterpart.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Ajax posted:

lonelyhobo was right

PC is a good but underpopulated game. Console ports are kinda heading in the wrong direction.

edit: was it lonelyhobo? that bloke who had a total breakdown about sex and gender. I think I confused them with a 2004 FYAD poster.

Giedroyc fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 14, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

PC is a good but underpopulated game. Console ports are kinda heading in the wrong direction.

edit: was it lonelyhobo? that bloke who had a total breakdown about sex and gender. I think I confused them with a 2004 FYAD poster.

Hobocrunch

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It is the way of life.

And then, by the tenth, the permanent lower back damage sets in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

cool edit

i disagree, it is a decent overall aprg with TONS of variety.

Have you played the other 2 arpgs worth mentioning for a decent amount of time? 200+ hours.