Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Timed exclusive. Microsoft's slick wording really works sometimes to trick people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos. :japan:

The one that got away :smith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vakal posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos. :japan:

I swear to god if this doesn't come as part of original Xbox backwards compatibility I am going to power up for several episodes in From Software's direction.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RBX posted:

Timed exclusive. Microsoft's slick wording really works sometimes to trick people.

I've either missed or not seen anything to indicate that. Source?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've either missed or not seen anything to indicate that. Source?

The Beta is a timed exclusive to Xbox, which is probably, counter intuitively, a negative.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKX_0MdEHs

gameplay footage (no commentary or anything, thankfully)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do you guys think there will be a large amount of characters or will it just be saiyans and villains

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Do you guys think there will be a large amount of characters or will it just be saiyans and villains

I dunno. The problem is that it's trying to be a legit fighter and making a character in legit fighters takes way more time. They have to have different play styles and they care about balance issues a lot more.

If I were a betting man I'd say about 20 characters or so on launch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

mabels big day posted:

My bet is there'll be 24 or 30 characters so probably a decent spread of characters

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

A generally safe bet:

You'll get the Saiyans, Piccolo, and Krillin for sure with a very safe bet on Future Trunks too. You'll get Frieza, Cell, Buu and most likely Beerus. A good possibility is Android 18 (because otherwise they'll have no lady fighters at all unless they go into modern Super.) Odds are pretty good on Mr. Satan because they can do fun wacky things with his animations and they like doing that. Aside from those seemingly safe guesses it depends on how far they intend to go from Z, but that particular list seems like all the safe guesses.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That loving rules. For the first time I'm giving an actual gently caress about a DBZ game release.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

A generally safe bet:

You'll get the Saiyans, Piccolo, and Krillin for sure with a very safe bet on Future Trunks too. You'll get Frieza, Cell, Buu and most likely Beerus. A good possibility is Android 18 (because otherwise they'll have no lady fighters at all unless they go into modern Super.) Odds are pretty good on Mr. Satan because they can do fun wacky things with his animations and they like doing that. Aside from those seemingly safe guesses it depends on how far they intend to go from Z, but that particular list seems like all the safe guesses.

Other safe guesses include Bardock and Broly because no video game ever skips Bardock and Broly. Especially Broly.

Also here's some more gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9px5TwfmSU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Other safe guesses include Bardock and Broly because no video game ever skips Bardock and Broly. Especially Broly.

Also here's some more gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9px5TwfmSU

Will Bardock go Super Saiyan 3, though?

That's the important question.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Krillin
Nappa
Raditz
Buu
Cell
Dabura
Freiza
Recoome
Ginyu
Satan
Trunks
Beerus

are probably all safe bets

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think Nappa, Raditz, Dabura or Recoome are that safe a bet. I'd expect Tien and Gotenks over those.

mabels big day posted:

It will be more than just Saiyans and Villains but i'm expecting around 20-25 characters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tien is a 50/50 kinda thing, but Gotenks is almost certain

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think Nappa, Raditz, Dabura or Recoome are that safe a bet. I'd expect Tien and Gotenks over those.

It will be more than just Saiyans and Villains but i'm expecting around 20-25 characters.

I think they are simply for character variation. You got a second swordy and 3 grappler type characters.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kild posted:

I think they are simply for character variation. You got a second swordy and 3 grappler type characters.

NO!!! No grapplers in this game, please! Arcsys doesn't know how to do them

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kild posted:

I don't think they need 3 grapplers or even a second sword guy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
16 would be a much more interesting character than either 17/18 since they could go wild with all his robot stuff like the rocket fists.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We're for sure getting Goku and Vegeta, their family, Gotenks, the three iconic villains, probably Beerus and Whis, hopefully Android 17/18, Gotta have at least some of the Z fighters so Krillin Piccolo and oh let's say Yamcha just for the laughs.

So that's 16 just in the basic 'this is a dragon ball game you probably need these guys' camp. Add in Satan because Arcsys loves silly characters and he can do fun things, maybe take a few deeper but still iconic cuts like Ginyu, Future Trunks, and Android 16.

That gets us to a 20 man roster already just going through the basics. I imagine since it's dipping into Super we could see someone cool like Zamasu added in, maybe a couple deeper cuts like Zarbon or Dabura and you have a pretty meaty roster for a game like this.

I just hope we get cool team stuff, like I think we saw a a Father Son Kamehameha in a trailer, give us more combos like that, throw in some invented silly things like Satan and Buu doing something funny and I'm good to go.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kelp Plankton posted:

Ho-ho-holy poo poo. I didn't know I needed this. Looks like it'll scratch that SNES dbz fighter itch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

We're for sure getting Goku and Vegeta, their family, Gotenks, the three iconic villains, probably Beerus and Whis, hopefully Android 17/18, Gotta have at least some of the Z fighters so Krillin Piccolo and oh let's say Yamcha just for the laughs.

So that's 16 just in the basic 'this is a dragon ball game you probably need these guys' camp. Add in Satan because Arcsys loves silly characters and he can do fun things, maybe take a few deeper but still iconic cuts like Ginyu, Future Trunks, and Android 16.

That gets us to a 20 man roster already just going through the basics. I imagine since it's dipping into Super we could see someone cool like Zamasu added in, maybe a couple deeper cuts like Zarbon or Dabura and you have a pretty meaty roster for a game like this.

I just hope we get cool team stuff, like I think we saw a a Father Son Kamehameha in a trailer, give us more combos like that, throw in some invented silly things like Satan and Buu doing something funny and I'm good to go.

If I cant father and son and other timeline son galick gun somebody they can just still take my loving money.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

mabels big day posted:

One thing I'm expecting is at least three different Goku's.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the roster is all gokus, hence the name "Dragon Ball Fighters: Oops All Gokus!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scalding Coffee posted:

One thing I'm expecting is at least three different Goku's.

That's basically standard by this point, with Extreme Butoden (also ASW, four Gokus) and Xenoverse 2 (five Gokus, not counting Black) proving it.

Considering Freeza can become Golden but Goku only becomes Super Saiyan 3, I expect a "Super" Goku whose only difference is becoming Super Saiyan Blue for his ultimate.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's basically standard by this point, with Extreme Butoden (also ASW, four Gokus) and Xenoverse 2 (five Gokus, not counting Black) proving it.

Considering Freeza can become Golden but Goku only becomes Super Saiyan 3, I expect a "Super" Goku whose only difference is becoming Super Saiyan Blue for his ultimate.

He might have like, RoF Gi or something.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The second Goku will be SSJ Blue base form and have a Kaioken super move

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Did I just see Frieza get hit with his own Double Slicer attack after Gohan dodged? That's amazing. (about 2:30) ed: OK gohan got hit too, but still, that's awesome.

So as someone who maybe played one early Guilty Gear game, this kind of looks like DBZ meets Marvel vs Capcom. Fair?

Also, with the 3v3 format I'd be surprised if there's no team bonus for Radditz, Napa and Vegeta. Probably get at least a Kid Buu if not a Super Buu in there

As cool as this looks though, I will probably pass. This looks like a game I'm just too old and slow to play and have a good time.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It would be pretty neat if character transformations were treated as a comeback mechanic like X-factor was in MvC3. Though I guess that would only work for a few of the characters.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DB Fusions is half off on the 3DS store until June 20th.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Ninth Layer posted:

DB Fusions is half off on the 3DS store until June 20th.

buy this game yall

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CzarChasm posted:

So as someone who maybe played one early Guilty Gear game, this kind of looks like DBZ meets Marvel vs Capcom. Fair?

Apparently Bandai-Namco wanted exactly that, a MvC-style Guilty Gear starring Dragon Ball characters. So yes, it's fair.

Kelp Plankton posted:

buy this game yall

I'm $4 short and suffering. Hopefully I can get it before the sale ends.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Is there any truth to a thing I heard which says that a sequel to DB fusions is coming soon? If that's the case I'll probably wait for it rather than spring for the first one.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Chachi posted:

Is there any truth to a thing I heard which says that a sequel to DB fusions is coming soon? If that's the case I'll probably wait for it rather than spring for the first one.

I haven't seen or heard anything about this anywhere. People seem more concerned that it didn't sell well enough to justify a sequel.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i know people are excited for FighterZ but remember that Xenoverse 2 is coming to the switch and they announced the best possible feature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiNDugRBUlM

motion control activated ultimates

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That actually looks implemented well. What the gently caress?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

That actually looks implemented well. What the gently caress?

i hope each ultimate makes you do the same pose/action as the actual attack and not just a standard beam motion

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

at last, now I'll have a REASON to scream Galick Gun at the top of my lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I watched maxamillion dudes thoughts on fighter z and he was noting that the fighters felt very samey. I really hope there is some individuality between them, as that is what ruined extreme butoden on the 3DS for me :(

• Locked thread