Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
is this gonna be a free to play hting too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's sushi eating penguin in a top hat, the penguin that loves eating sushi.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LionArcher posted:

Walking across the finish line while everyone else was sprinting. My niece would love the hell out of this game

E3 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This sushi game might be the least appealing thing at E3 so far

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

katkillad2 posted:

I really want some sushi now :smith:

The only way they're going to get me to buy this game is if there is a special edition that comes with a gift card for sushi.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

chaleski posted:

This sushi game might be the least appealing thing at E3 so far

Na, that goes to Garfield GO.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Willo567 posted:

You may as well say that about every game ever made

I feel like other games have a market.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

As we all know, Puzzle games are a niche market that is NOT and has NEVER been a draw for anyone.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Only watching this ARMS tourney to root for Uncle Valle.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LionArcher posted:

My niece would love the hell out of this game

Has your niece ever seen a mobile app? They're quite popular these days.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

enojy posted:

Only watching this ARMS tourney to root for Uncle Valle.

he's washed up op

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I hope the ARMS tourney is as hype as the Splatoon one

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I want those yellow JoyCons

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm loving everyone reporting on Capcom pulling MH from Switch with no source other than Gamespot saying "Capcom"

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
This doesn't have a ton to do with anything in particular, but I watched drat near all the E3 coverage so far this week and I'm pretty sure the Nintendo presentation was the only one that used the word "fun" at any point.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Nintendo is so tone deaf it's astonishing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm loving everyone reporting on Capcom pulling MH from Switch with no source other than Gamespot saying "Capcom"

GameSpot's just reporting that Capcom told them that has no plans to localize XX in the West, not that Monster Hunter will never be on Switch again or whatever.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Meldonox posted:

This doesn't have a ton to do with anything in particular, but I watched drat near all the E3 coverage so far this week and I'm pretty sure the Nintendo presentation was the only one that used the word "fun" at any point.

And it was a large slab of a man looking into the camera, ordering people to have fun.

(Why does saying fun making something fun? That's not how fun works?)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

And it was a large slab of a man looking into the camera, ordering people to have fun.

(Why does saying fun making something fun? That's not how fun works?)

People saying fun in a vague press conference like event shows that they want the term 'fun' to be part of their branding. Which doesn't really mean anything but hey fun. I like fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Policenaut posted:

GameSpot's just reporting that Capcom told them that has no plans to localize XX in the West, not that Monster Hunter will never be on Switch again or whatever.

To that end, if the Switch somehow gets MH World, I would forget about XX completely. Well, that is if World is a quality game.
MH does get stale after a while and I'm not even a die-hard fan that plays every game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sharing this because it's hilarious

quote:

“If you look over all the different games in which Peach has appeared, there are quite a lot in which she has taken an active role in the past,” says Koizumi, reacting to a question about gender empowerment in games. “For example in Super Mario 3D World she was a playable character. And I think I know a couple of people who really enjoyed playing her in the Smash Bros. series as well. So we think of her as a very strong character. But some people do get kidnapped on occasion, and if I had to make a comparison, I’m more likely to get kidnapped than she is, but certainly it can happen to anyone.”

:stare:

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 15, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm glad if only for putting pressure on them to localize it. Capcom has been really poo poo in regards to Switch so far so I wouldn't put it past them to not bring it over.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I can't believe Mr Koizumi is going to get kidnapped in the next Mario game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

he's asking us to come rescue him

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Every part of this is just perfect

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Inzombiac posted:

To that end, if the Switch somehow gets MH World, I would forget about XX completely. Well, that is if World is a quality game.
MH does get stale after a while and I'm not even a die-hard fan that plays every game.

In one interview they said they started on MHW 4 years ago back when Switch was super unknown and apparently it was Capcom that requested the RAM increase for the Switch and all they've released on the Switch so far is SF2. Which leads me to think they're working on something. Maybe Monster Hunter Portable World.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

Is...is that a cry for help? :ohdear:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Spoken like a man that lives in Ecuador.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Hey kids, you're more likely to be kidnapped than Princess Peach" is a pretty good, yet terrifying, message about stranger danger.

Not sure about the whole "she plays tennis and golf and goes karting with her abuser" aspect, though.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why does everyone want Bluetooth audio? What would make that better than regular wireless headphones? In my experience with Bluetooth, it has way too much latency to be useful for game audio and it's not like you can watch movies on Switch.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Hey kids, you're more likely to be kidnapped than Princess Peach" is a pretty good, yet terrifying, message about stranger danger.

Maybe this is just his hint that they'll be announcing the game "Blade Strangers" for the Switch soon.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does everyone want Bluetooth audio? What would make that better than regular wireless headphones? In my experience with Bluetooth, it has way too much latency to be useful for game audio and it's not like you can watch movies on Switch.

I think this is a dual stick vs gyro aiming thing where there's just two feelings on it no one really has to explain. Except the ones who are plainly wrong, those morons.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Not sure about the whole "she plays tennis and golf and goes karting with her abuser" aspect, though.

I like Miyamoto's explanation that the Mario crew are more like a theater troupe. So Bowser isn't really a bad guy, he just plays one in the games.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Friends, I spent two hours yesterday driving to every store locally to find a neon switch. Nothing. No switches of any kind. This morning, i saw that target bundle, but I hesitated. Then, I checked istock this afternoon. Local target, multiple neon switches it said. I drove safely, but I drove fast. They had five in stock. All neon.

I am now a proud Switch owner :)

Also, if you're looking my guess is that a lot of targets got switches today.

Finally, what speed SD card should I get for the switch?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Winning the tournament on a lame out, shameful

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The fear in the producer's eyes as he was asked for an exhibition match.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i like the rationale that the mario bros main games are staged and acted out by the characters in those games for our entertainment. but then during downtime they play tennis and golf and go-karts just like real friends and colleagues do

i like this rationale because it means the player is essentially a body-possessing GOD

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Friends, I spent two hours yesterday driving to every store locally to find a neon switch. Nothing. No switches of any kind. This morning, i saw that target bundle, but I hesitated. Then, I checked istock this afternoon. Local target, multiple neon switches it said. I drove safely, but I drove fast. They had five in stock. All neon.

I am now a proud Switch owner :)

Also, if you're looking my guess is that a lot of targets got switches today.

Finally, what speed SD card should I get for the switch?

Whatever the typical is these days, what is that class 10? 80MB/s type stuff.

It doesn't really matter much

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay, maybe the ARMS producer was just scared of showing his power level. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Was not expecting ARMS producer to be the first one to actually make this game look tactical and good.

• Locked thread