Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

elf help book posted:

I meant the room layout

It looked like it was a Zero Mission esque job where the general position of things and landmarks are there but its not 1:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Well I went ahead and got Paper Jam. I'm not expecting TTYD levels of good here, but I'm enjoying it so far.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ah yeah can't wait to genocide an alien race yet again

woulda preferred the fusion sequel i've been waiting loving forever for but this is fine

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Well I went ahead and got Paper Jam. I'm not expecting TTYD levels of good here, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I haven't liked any Mario RPG as much as Legend of the Seven Stars or w/e its called

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ohtsam posted:

It looked like it was a Zero Mission esque job where the general position of things and landmarks are there but its not 1:1

It better be significantly bigger, Metroid II's map was tiny

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Either it is or they showed off 50% of the game yesterday.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't believe the 3DS is officially the greatest dedicated gaming system of all time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm really happy that they're making a 3DS metroid with a lot of cool stuff that fits the platform, with a cool 3D stuff and map annotation. I'm sad that nintendo is moving away from that stuff even though I understand why, but this helps.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/875045594418380800

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Buying that poo poo.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The ... the money just hits the monitor and falls to the desk and doesn't go anywhere.

Why don't you want my money.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
No idea what that is, but I'ma throw money at it.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

there's not a great deal of games out there that are TTYD levels of good imo so I think it's a fair expectation

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

The Machine posted:

RCR with a fantasy setting.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dont be mean to me posted:

The ... the money just hits the monitor and falls to the desk and doesn't go anywhere.

http://i.imgur.com/YtRXEZH.mp4

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Machine posted:

It's a River City/Kunio-kun eShop game with a fantasy RPG motif.

There's a River City Ransom remake coming out at retail later this year as well.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

dont be mean to me posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's a River City/Kunio-kun eShop game with a fantasy RPG motif.

There's a River City Ransom remake coming out at retail later this year as well.

I thought Tokyo Rumble was the remake. That's cool to get so many.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I thought Tokyo Rumble was the remake. That's cool to get so many.

Tokyo Rumble is a sequel to a remake of the very first Kunio-kun game, Renegade. The actual 3DS RCR remake is called River City Rival Showdown.

Yeah, there are a lot of these games for 3DS, including three others they might yet localise, and they're all pretty similar... if people are only going to get one, I'd recommend waiting for Rival Showdown.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No pictures but here's the description of the EU Samus Returns LE bundle from Nintendo UK:

quote:

While supplies last, fans will also be able to purchase a special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns which includes a physical version of the game, a download code for the original Game Boy game Metroid II: Return of Samus to be redeemed in Nintendo eShop, a SteelBook®, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, a gold “S” pin badge, a Morph Ball 3D keyring and a 40-page artbook.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the Treehouse Miitopia demonstration - the demo will be released today sometime and you'll be able to transfer your saves to the full version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOAd8UMLEU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a new 3DS game on stream right now: "Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido", a vs. puzzle/action game by indieszero (NES Remix, Retro Game Challenge, FF Theatrhythm):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmXUsVWlDA

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It looks really good, I hope it's card horse tier.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No pictures but here's the description of the EU Samus Returns LE bundle from Nintendo UK:
I can't pre-order this quickly enough.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I want this so bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr_tWiwW42E

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

There's no way this game is not good

Spellman
May 31, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I want this so bad

Hey, it's Ted Tonate

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

What the gently caress we're only getting a loving sound selection.

NoA being stingy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Miitopia looks as stupid as Tomodachi Life, but with better gameplay.

I want it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

RMZXAnarchy posted:

What the gently caress we're only getting a loving sound selection.

NoA being stingy.
For whatever reason, we're not getting that cd. I dunno why the 2 regions do such different LEs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

To get the people that might buy both

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I finally picked up Kirby Robobot thanks to some birthday money and man was that a blast. Even better in level design and difficulty than Triple Deluxe and while the King's lack of presence was felt and regretful, Meta Knight was a huge badass in the story and in his game mode so I can accept that. I was not expecting Kirby Lagann, but I probably should have been. So much fun all around.

I would complain that the difficulty still wasn't quite up to Super Star levels, but then again I just got murdered by the final boss of the True Arena and have no plans to give that a second go anytime soon, so I'll go ahead and eat those words in advance.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

El Burbo posted:

How's Shantae and the Pirates Curse?

Bad, as all Shantae games are

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

raditts posted:

Bad, as all Shantae games are

The wrongest opinion.
The only weak shantae game is the GBC one and even it is solid.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love 2D platformers and never get enough of them but Shantae feels mediocre as hell to me. What's considered the best one? I feel like I'm missing something.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love 2D platformers and never get enough of them but Shantae feels mediocre as hell to me. What's considered the best one? I feel like I'm missing something.
Pirate's Curse. And though I like the series overall, to be honest you're not really missing a whooooooole lot. They're very pretty and play well enough but they are by no means a substitute for a Shovel Knight or handheld IGAvania.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The soundtracks are fantastic either way. And Pirates Curse and Half Genie Hero have really great artstyles.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Ever Oasis demo in eShop in about an hour they just announced on stream.

At least for NA starting.

Edit: Demo is actually available now! I just checked.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 15, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seems like the Superstar Saga remake won't have stereoscopic 3D at all.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it looks like Superstar Saga but you can play it on a 3DS plus a new mode, no other changes