Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sandball posted:

Which knockoffs do you buy? I could use me a new pair of sunglasses for my gooneyes.

Yes I would like to know this too; the good knockoff shops have a tendency to close/rebrand fairly often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
If you live in a country with harsh UV don't get knockoff sunglasses. You need poo poo that actually blocks UV.

If your area doesn't go above a UV factor of ten then... Well gently caress you.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This is the only place I go to for knock off ray bans: http://aooko.v.yupoo.com

Message the guy on What's App and he'll send a link to his latest Aliexpress/Taobao/DH Gate store where you can buy it. They're really really really good knock offs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is there any way to test the UV coating on sunglasses? Like look at one of those UV light pens and if it is invisible that means the glasses are working.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

could I just smear sunscreen on my regular glasses???

e: is this more or less dorky than transition lenses???

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keevo posted:

This is the only place I go to for knock off ray bans: http://aooko.v.yupoo.com

Message the guy on What's App and he'll send a link to his latest Aliexpress/Taobao/DH Gate store where you can buy it. They're really really really good knock offs.

Dang the sunglasses I just lost are on here. What are his prices /shipping times like?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

yoloer420 posted:

If you live in a country with harsh UV don't get knockoff sunglasses. You need poo poo that actually blocks UV.

If your area doesn't go above a UV factor of ten then... Well gently caress you.

Actually my favorite chinook youtuber has assured me that cheap knockoff sunglasses work just as well as the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG7aBul033I

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

FillInTheBlank posted:

What is this terrible country where they make you pick up packages?

Everything I've ordered from Aliexpress has been couriered to my door in New Zealand, even a little pack of stickers.

Actually, NZ Post has started making me go to their depot to pick up some of the larger packages. They leave a little card in the letterbox instead. It's loving annoying. I could sign a form letting them leave all packages, but then if I get an actual valuable delivery (ie not Ali Express) they will leave that unattended.
And look https://www.nzpost.co.nz/personal/receiving-mail-parcels/receiving-your-parcels/parcel-collect they even have a campaign at the moment trying to sucker people into picking up all their parcels. They don't even want to try deliver your mail anymore! Ugh NZ post are cunts & want to add us to this ''terrible country" list of yours.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dang the sunglasses I just lost are on here. What are his prices /shipping times like?
Should say on the photo album what the price is. Shipping depends on what site you use to buy. If you use something like DH Gate, just like Aliexpress, shipping will probably be free but it'll take like a month to get to you. If you buy it through Taobao, you probably should use an agent to get it but the shipping will be through DHL or whatever, take a week and probably cost $20-$30? But again it depends on what you use to ship it and how much the package weighs.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Is there any way to test the UV coating on sunglasses? Like look at one of those UV light pens and if it is invisible that means the glasses are working.

Thought I read somewhere that you could take it to an optometrist and they'll check it out for you. For what it's worth, someone on Reddit checked out the UV coating for the AOOKO Ray Bans and found they were similar to regular Ray Bans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FashionReps/comments/4uw5wb/dropping_a_bit_more_science_rayban_g15_versus/

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Assuming the lenses are made from CR39 polycarbonate there isn't really a need for a coating - it's basically opaque to UV light below 360nm.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

sandball posted:

Which knockoffs do you buy? I could use me a new pair of sunglasses for my gooneyes.

http://s.aliexpress.com/RJ3MfeEN
Carrera knock-off

The raybans are gone atm. But in a couple of days/hours there will be another seller. Don't buy the LVVKEE glasses.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
"dear friend
Sorry to disturb you.
Due to the overwhelming demand for shipping in this shopping season, the original package has been stopped half way.
We found that it is on the way back to us.
Would you like us to re-send you the parcel by a new logistic company or refund you the money?
If you choose the re-send we will arrange it soon, it usually takes 30-45days.we will also extend the time period for you to confirm the delivery.
If you choose the refund, can we refund you through your paypal?
Waiting for your message.
If you have any questions or problems, pls contact us directly.
Best Regards,
lily"

I'm not your friend, pal, and I've been waiting for this bit of tat for three months already!

Pympede
Jun 17, 2005
Can anyone tell me how I can invite friends to water my stupid coin tree? I need this tree to live to give my life meaning!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Marmaduke! posted:

"dear friend
Sorry to disturb you.
Due to the overwhelming demand for shipping in this shopping season, the original package has been stopped half way.
We found that it is on the way back to us.
Would you like us to re-send you the parcel by a new logistic company or refund you the money?
If you choose the re-send we will arrange it soon, it usually takes 30-45days.we will also extend the time period for you to confirm the delivery.
If you choose the refund, can we refund you through your paypal?
Waiting for your message.
If you have any questions or problems, pls contact us directly.
Best Regards,
lily"

I'm not your friend, pal, and I've been waiting for this bit of tat for three months already!

That's been happening to me too. How dare they deprive me of low cost crap?!?

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Pympede posted:

Can anyone tell me how I can invite friends to water my stupid coin tree? I need this tree to live to give my life meaning!

I have no idea. Following a shitload of random people seems to have worked for me though. Eventually some will follow you back and water your tree when your not looking.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
On a scale of 1 to customs will arrest me how sketchy of an idea would it be to order snake or carp hide/leather from ali express?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

El Estrago Bonito posted:

On a scale of 1 to customs will arrest me how sketchy of an idea would it be to order snake or carp hide/leather from ali express?

Is actually cat.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Carp hide???

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

PokeJoe posted:

Carp hide???

You can make leather from the skin of many of the thick skinned carp, it looks cool.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I got a wallet made of ray skin leather (one of the small food-farmed species) a few years back and it has held up really well, the lining stitching is a bit threadbare but the main part is as good as the day I got it.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
Does anyone have a clue about the drat coupons? The app gave me 10 $2 coupons "just because" and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They'll be for certain stores if you spend over x amount. Most of the time for me it seems to be handbags or electronics..

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I spent 30 minutes looking and found nothing I'd like to use those coupons on.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive

Nettle Soup posted:

They'll be for certain stores if you spend over x amount. Most of the time for me it seems to be handbags or electronics..

Is there any way or trick to seeing what stores? I thought I found one but when I add anything from the store and go to check out, it says "no coupons available". :argh:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I spent 30 minutes looking and found nothing I'd like to use those coupons on.

All the ones I got were" 'you've spent $2 on a USB cable, here's a coupon for 8% off if you spend over $160 with us'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

All the ones I got were" 'you've spent $2 on a USB cable, here's a coupon for 8% off if you spend over $160 with us'

When I ordered some sexy Hitler pins, I got 2 USD off for a purchase over 10 USD so that's at least attainable.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Lullabee posted:

Is there any way or trick to seeing what stores? I thought I found one but when I add anything from the store and go to check out, it says "no coupons available". :argh:

Normally it says if you look at your coupons page. Good luck finding that, it's hidden in a menu somewhere.

Actually, here it is: https://coupon.aliexpress.com/buyer/coupon/listView.htm probably.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Lullabee posted:

Does anyone have a clue about the drat coupons? The app gave me 10 $2 coupons "just because" and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use them.

Depends on the coupon type. There are 3 different types of coupons on Ali.

"Aliexpress Coupons" are good in any store I've seen.

"Seller Coupons" are good only for a specific store.

"Express Coupons" are good in some, but in my experience not many, stores.

Coupons can be combined as long as they're not of the same type. So of you have multiple coupons for one store you need to make multiple qualifying orders to use them.

You can view your coupons in the web site with a link from your account section. Note that this list include expired and used coupons by default, but you can filter that. On mobile app there's a link in the menu.

In my experience the best coupons come from the app. In the coupons and deals section you can exchange coins for seller coupons. These tend to have the best value to minimum spending ratio.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The sunglasses guy was super prompt in getting back to me on WhatsApp but all the links to his stores were immediately dead. Maybe Big UV is finally closing in.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
It really bothers me that in makeup reviews it's becoming apparent that the entire former Soviet Union can't apply lipstick properly

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

The sunglasses guy was super prompt in getting back to me on WhatsApp but all the links to his stores were immediately dead. Maybe Big UV is finally closing in.

Ask him again in a couple days. His stores get closed all the time which is why he only advertises his WhatsApp vs the actual store links.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mocking Bird posted:

It really bothers me that in makeup reviews it's becoming apparent that the entire former Soviet Union can't apply lipstick properly

We're going to need hilarious examples

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Celebrated moving into my new house with $15 worth of stickers and decals.

Trying to decide if it's worth xrf testing anything that claims to be stainless steel from ae. Too much variance? Probably.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keevo posted:

Ask him again in a couple days. His stores get closed all the time which is why he only advertises his WhatsApp vs the actual store links.

Thanks! Also, he didn't send an Aliexpress one, only a DH Gate one and something else. Did you buy from him through Ali?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dh gate is a lot less strict about knockoffs than AliExpress

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh I just remembered I ordered a knockoff PAX vaporizer from there that died inside of two weeks, haha

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thanks! Also, he didn't send an Aliexpress one, only a DH Gate one and something else. Did you buy from him through Ali?

I think I used his DH Gate link. It's getting harder to sell knock offs on Ali.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aww one of my sexy Hitler pins arrived broken and one of the other pins didn't have a pin so now I have to open a dispute I guess over 0,95€ worth of goods :(

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's what Sexy Hitler would have wanted.