Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I got one of $500k a couple of days ago. I assumed that it was the rest of my "tax refund". A few months back R* gave out rebates for certain Pegasus vehicles that were being offered for free.

I got back about 200K at that time, which seemed low considering that I had several of the vehicles they were giving refunds for. This second payment of 500k brings it more in line with what I was expecting to get originally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Your mom seems cool

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Now that I have my gun-running vehicles all decked out, is there any reason to keep the vehicle mod bay in my MOC? Weapon bay can stay to stock up on special ammo, but for a third slot, any suggestion if I should replace it with the living quarters or vehicle storage?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Can other people mod their vehicles in your truck?

I'd like to think members of your MC or bodyguards (or even just your crew) would be able to use it for modding but I kinda think I already know the answer

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 15, 2017

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Welp, I've been away for awhile. I guess it's time to get the update, log in, and see if I'm broke. To be honest, my surprisingly high bank balance may be legit as a result of an especially lucrative, especially drunken night running PacStandards with you guys, but I'm worried. On the other hand, I have a couple million in cars I bought on a whim because I was drunk and they looked cool at the time, so I do have a small reserve I guess. :v:

Edit: Yep, adjusted to the tune of $2.8m, zero bank balance. Time to start selling off my secondary character's cars.

Edit again: Sold all my silly impulse-buy cool-looking cars, down to a bicycle, a cafe racer, and some worthless crap I jacked off the street in the garage, and $2.1m in the bank, which is probably ~= what I had legit, so I can't complain. The motorcycle is the only thing I actually drive anyway (got the pushbike just to boost my stamina).

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 15, 2017

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I'M INTERACTING WITH GOONS :frogsiren:

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Pro tip: When buying a MOC for the first time I only bought the weapons workshop and the vehicle storage thinking that would let me mod the weaponized tampa, but I was wrong and had to rebuy the vehicle workshop bay. Unfortunately I didnt realize at the time if your tampa is already parked inside it wont transfer to the new one, and it doesn't go back in your garage. :rip: two million.

That thing with the dual cannons on top is awesome though.

Don't know if you tried this or not, but I just looked it up because one of my vehicles disappeared when I tried to put a new vehicle in...

Rockstar Support posted:

Answer: The Mobile Operations Center (MOC) can be extensively customized including color, details, armor, weapons and module configuration. If you store one of your Personal Vehicles in the MOC vehicle bay module, and then change that module configuration of your MOC, your vehicle will no longer be stored in the MOC. To retrieve the vehicle, open the Personal Interaction menu, select Mobile Operations Center then Request Personal Vehicle, and your vehicle will be delivered to you.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

I'M INTERACTING WITH GOONS :frogsiren:

WHO ARE YOU THO?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
new patch who dis

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Phweengee posted:

Now that I have my gun-running vehicles all decked out, is there any reason to keep the vehicle mod bay in my MOC? Weapon bay can stay to stock up on special ammo, but for a third slot, any suggestion if I should replace it with the living quarters or vehicle storage?

No obvious reason.

But the way they set this up allows them to easily add more vehicles using this system later. Unlike the special vehicles that the warehouse will only ever hold eight of.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This is officially my new favorite vehicle in the game now that it's fully kitted out with all the upgrades. It's insanely fast once it gets rolling, it drifts like a champ, looks fantastic, and has enough weaponry to shred everything in its path. It's absolutely perfect :h:

Also, anyone else notice the MOC Trailer has a Livery option in the customization menu but no actual liveries? I'm assuming future DLC.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Welp, just found out with SomeZero's half-track equipped with the quad cannon will utterly destroy armored vehicles like kurama, duke of death, and insurgent after a second or so of sustained fire. :v:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

mutata posted:

WHO ARE YOU THO?

I HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR DAYS DO YOU EVEN DISCORD BRO

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I feel stupid for not figuring this out sooner, but my bunker has radically changed my workflow.

Since MC, I've been grinding businesses as the majority of my GTA O playtime. I'd grind out until I had full stock, and wait until I could talk someone into helping me run the sales missions. As employee payouts are abysmal, this was not easy.

Today, I was running the bunker business as usual. Then I noticed my small bit of bar was already at $75k, and the long distance sale was worth $100k. Thats about what I make on a maxed out doc forge sale, so I ran it. It being a tiny bit of supply, it was easily done by myself.

So I figure, why not do that with my other business? After some minor grinding, I picked up a couple $50k sales easy. This will easily pay for all my remaining biz upgrades, and then it wont be hard to save up for my mobile command center.

At what part of the stock bar does it turn from easy one person job to three person job?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

gypsyshred posted:

I feel stupid for not figuring this out sooner, but my bunker has radically changed my workflow.

At what part of the stock bar does it turn from easy one person job to three person job?

coke is 1.5 bars

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FuturePastNow posted:

It has to have some supplies sitting there when you shut it down.

Though having a second one still working might also be screwing it up, I saw the "profit" from the biker businesses and said no way.

Just so you know I'm not crazy

Shut down, inoperative pending restart, no supplies, no product

Still get phone calls every few minutes.

I'm not lying. There are no supplies. (Although I think even if there are supplies, when you shut down, they're gone. But maybe that's just product?)

Must be a bug where if you have one active, it doesn't even check the others.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Just so you know I'm not crazy

Shut down, inoperative pending restart, no supplies, no product

Still get phone calls every few minutes.

I'm not lying. There are no supplies. (Although I think even if there are supplies, when you shut down, they're gone. But maybe that's just product?)

Must be a bug where if you have one active, it doesn't even check the others.

Start it up, do a resupply, shut it down again. I've had a weed farm and a coke lab shut down for a while without Lester Jingleheimer Teabag calling me at all. I started the coke lab back up during increased product sales, then shut it down again after the Gun Running update. The weed farm's been at just under one bar for a long time now, the coke lab is currently just under two bars and had supplies when I started it back up.

I mean, I can't guarantee it'll work, but you posting about it makes me recall hearing people have this issue in the past that got solved by having supplies in the business before shutting it down.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yes, it has to have some supplies sitting there when you shut it down. Doesn't have to be a full bar, I think. Just one supply run worth.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh, I thought you were saying it has to not have supplies, so it doesn't think its running. So you give it supplies and then shut it down, and then it doesn't go through the supplies since its paused...

Yeah that's a pain in the dick workaround but I'll take it. Gotta go start it up and shut it down, but at least I'll be done with it after that. Thanks.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Phweengee posted:

FuturePastNow posted:

No obvious reason.

But the way they set this up allows them to easily add more vehicles using this system later. Unlike the special vehicles that the warehouse will only ever hold eight of.

There's going to be a few new weaponized vehicles (these might be already usable in the GR missions), as well as regular civilian cars released presumably one vehicle a week over the next ~7 weeks. Pics are in discord #hangoutz - search for the text COUNTACH.

Also: there's a wrecked UFO mesh in the patch data. They might be finalizing whatever the chiliad mystery thing is, if that has ever even been a legit thing (I always figured they'd activate something near the end of the game's life). Filename hints that it would be crashed behind one of the two dams.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 15, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I haven't played since the CEO update. What is the best way to make money now so i can buy a rocket bike?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

CJ posted:

I haven't played since the CEO update. What is the best way to make money now so i can buy a rocket bike?

Pac Standard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CJ posted:

Steal cars and sell them as a CEO is a pretty good payout. Run headhunter or do biker drugs when you're waiting on delivery cooldown.

I could be wrong but I think you have a better chance of getting a high end car in a bigger session? If so, steal a bunch of cars with lots of people, then switch to a mostly empty server and sell through the stock.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thanks to reading this thread, I am going to try GTA Online again.
The last time I played was the day Heists came out, so there will be a lot of new things I expect!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Import export car pro tip: The game will only give you one plate of each model until you force it to give you a duplicate. Source cars until you get to 80% then stop. When you sell a car, your next source mission will be to replace that same model. This way, you can source only top ends.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How do you do the car thing as a CEO? I thought the CEO thing was to put drugs in a warehouse then sell them.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Buy the import/export warehouse special car garage thing. It's an easy 80k every 15-20 minutes once you're set up.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

various cheeses posted:

Buy the import/export warehouse special car garage thing. It's an easy 80k every 15-20 minutes once you're set up.

I just checked and that costs 2 mil too. If i had 2 mil i would just buy the rocket bike outright.

I guess it's back to doing Pacific Standard with pubbies. Maybe by now they won't manage to gently caress up the foolproof strat.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Protip for those considering adding a gun locker to their bunker: MOC gets one free, at least with the weapon/car modding compartment.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

CJ posted:

I guess it's back to doing Pacific Standard with pubbies. Maybe by now they won't manage to gently caress up the foolproof strat.

sry goonbro daddy rockstar patched out the kuruma trick so I hope you know how to ride a motorcycle roflmao

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

coupedeville posted:

sry goonbro daddy rockstar patched out the kuruma trick so I hope you know how to ride a motorcycle roflmao

Heists? LOL as if.

im going to play this game by myself im a see ee oh!!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Is there a way to get research to start faster? I can't use cash to finish it until the first tick on the bar starts, and that seems to take forever.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you're a member of another person's organization, you can't call your own trailer in to refill special ammo, and you can't refill your special ammo in their trailer.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Powershift posted:

If you're a member of another person's organization, you can't call your own trailer in to refill special ammo, and you can't refill your special ammo in their trailer.

But you can start a job, buy all the ammo, then exit said job in a matter of a few seconds.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Back Hack posted:

But you can start a job, buy all the ammo, then exit said job in a matter of a few seconds.

buy all ammo doesn't refill the special ammo

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.

Network42 posted:

Is there a way to get research to start faster? I can't use cash to finish it until the first tick on the bar starts, and that seems to take forever.
Forever or ~5 minutes, whichever comes first. If you have the cash to rush it, the most painless way is to find something else to occupy yourself with while it runs in the background, check back every 5 minutes or so to click a couple buttons, and they'll all be done in a few hours.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

sigseven posted:

Forever or ~5 minutes, whichever comes first. If you have the cash to rush it, the most painless way is to find something else to occupy yourself with while it runs in the background, check back every 5 minutes or so to click a couple buttons, and they'll all be done in a few hours.

fail the gun range challenges 3 times between each research rushing

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.
Oh yeah, in case it hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet, clearing all the tier 2 gun range challenges unlocks a permanent increase in carrying capacity for up to 30 grenades/molotovs/sticky bombs/tear gas, 15 pipe bombs, and 10 prox mines. If you're having trouble make sure you've upgraded your guns with ex.mags, grips, etc, because it uses your current ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I have upgraded all the guns and the only one I've cleared so far is tier 1 Heavy Sniper. Might have been easier if I had picked the white targets. It's especially cool when the game doesn't properly register your tapping so the multiplier gets reset by a stray shot, not to mention the sweet FAILED cutscene you have to sit through every single time. It's worse than the last level of flight school. I really wish I could sell it.

• Locked thread