Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Minrad posted:

- Secret of the Lily II is still awful. Why critical HP AND RNG? Even if people are getting that low reliably, sometimes they just need a Regen/Medica II to top them off and if it's the tank, the other healer might snipe it without a bunch of coordination, and even then the pay off is a gamble for little benefit. A 100% chance for 1 second off when you heal critical HP would be bad, but at least reliable, with the same net benefit.

Restoring critical HP just means critting a heal, not healing someone when they're near dead.

It's still bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Restoring critical HP just means critting a heal, not healing someone when they're near dead.

It's still bad though.

oh right, i forgot about 14's fucky wording.

Honestly, that might actually be worse than what I was thinking it was. At least some fight where your tank is constantly near death could theoretically give you a bunch of assize spam. :v:

The upside is that it seems like WHM will have no mana problems in Stormblood, between more assize, the occasional free AoE heal, and a better refresh.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I can't even imagine what Susano EX will be like because story mode Susano is going to be a pubbie killer.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

I can't even imagine what Susano EX will be like because story mode Susano is going to be a pubbie killer.

I mean, we had Beam Struggle at the end of Donut Scathe. I am _all_ for having to stack up multiple people to block a sword and then having to decide, "Do we allocate an extra DPS to help block and get a little extra time on the countdown, or do we hold them out to DPS the sword down faster"? That sounds like a great expansion of the basic mechanic to me.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Would you rather they did what WoW did, by having lesser versions of "stupid maintenance spells" on scrolls?

I mean, at least we're not looking at Blessing of Kings/Mark of the Wild (and woe when those two were still distinct from eachother) Arcane Intellect, and Power Word: Fortitude.

At least the subreddit posts maintenance Au Ra. :pervert:

Last patch resulted in something even better. Maintenance Roes.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SonicRulez posted:

What's the QTE like?

Am I reading this right? 1 am PST? Right before everything goes down.

Looks like it's 6 PM PST. The site should be displaying the time listed based on your location. For example, I see 9 PM and I am EST.

If you are not logged in to the site it defaults to GMT.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 14, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AST/WHM is pro tier combo for Susano.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Thinking about it, I'm a little less down on the White Mage changes. It's still not amazing, but their heals have been buffed and they have enough oGCDs that I can see Assize/Asylum having the room to just pop whenever they're available. You can get a little bit more burst/MP regen out of it.

Was I wrong in thinking that just gaining the Lily is what reduced the cooldown before? Or was that what the old tooltip suggested?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

AST/WHM is pro tier combo for Susano.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CrashScreen posted:

Thinking about it, I'm a little less down on the White Mage changes. It's still not amazing, but their heals have been buffed and they have enough oGCDs that I can see Assize/Asylum having the room to just pop whenever they're available. You can get a little bit more burst/MP regen out of it.

Was I wrong in thinking that just gaining the Lily is what reduced the cooldown before? Or was that what the old tooltip suggested?

The very first look at the lily mechanic suggested that it reduced the cooldown of the next spell cast. There was never any passive reduction.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
RIP Fracture, the button I always ignored.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you haven't seen it before, everyone should cross-class Cure on a class like archer or pugilist and see how ridiculous it looks. Soon it will be gone, like tears in the rain...

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Don't worry guys, Fracture is just going to go keep Haurchefant company.

:gbsmith:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Kriptini/status/874799746786906112

DRK/PLD combos rejoice! Except no, because WAR still applies in two GCDs and not three. =T

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 15, 2017

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Felt like redoing my yearbook photo

My Immersion
Voted most likely to accidentally use Provoke.
"Hope I don't need that in the next 30 seconds..."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
so i used a fantasia and renamed my character kylie mewnogue

i'm ready for SB and regret nothing

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Reminder for a reminder, this is in less than an hour!

Come join in the goon picture revelry!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 15, 2017

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Bring on the Garleans.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
According to the RDM discord the MP cost of some your damage spells has been reduced (Vercure and Verraise are still MP hogs though), so that's nice. This might be weirdness though because these are sorta reverse-engineered based on speculated stuff from being level 63 in the E3 demo, but still possibly neat.

Additionally Verflare and Verholy are no longer "combo actions" and instead are simply available for 30 seconds after using Enhanced Redoublement. Basically this means you can hold your Flare/Holy cast for a bit to either use it during specific phases, to fix your mana before casting it, or... probably other things. The tooltip is still SORTA ambiguous so we'll see but this seems right.

On a less neat front, some nerfs from what we knew before:

- Verholy and Verflare have their "Verfire/Stone Ready" proc reduced from 30% to 20% when you have even mana. Minor weird thing.
- Much bigger thing, Scatter (100 potency AoE, generates 3/3 mana) now has its Enhanced Scatter (same potency, 8/8 mana) proc chance at 25%. This is a pretty hefty nerf to AoE since it means you get your sword AoE much less often.
- Sticking with AoE nerfs, Conte Sixte now has Flare-style AoE dropoff.
- Embolden reduced from a 20% decaying self-buff to a 10% decaying buff.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SwissArmyDruid posted:

DRK/PLD combos rejoice! Except no, because WAR still applies in two GCDs and not three. =T

Dope. gently caress off Dancing Edge and take Mutilate with you. More Aeolian Edges!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Except that every class that does that debuff WANTS to apply that debuff.

WAR does it in 2 GCD's and the third is their old Maim buff so they're going to use it.
NIN has their Shadow Fang dot applied to it so they want to use it.
SAM has one of their Sen combo's applying it so it's guaranteed on their end as well.

Also with how everyone now has to build a meter it doesn't matter if said debuff goes up in the first 10 or so GCD's :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
R I P Warrior, 2014-2017

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Hmmm. :raise:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Anyone know where to find a PS3 copy of Stormblood

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Carmant posted:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Carmant posted:

Right here.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Carmant posted:

Ps3 support is ending come Stormblood.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the culling was crazy

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

pictured, hunts in a week :getin:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Minrad posted:

pictured, hunts in a week :getin:

urgh I get the shivers just thinking about it - it was bad enough on Siren, can't imagine how bad it was on Excal and I'm there now

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

wow imgur butchers the quality on these

Chinese Batman
Jun 28, 2008

TPT group photo in the spooky room!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
An attempt was made

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Currently trying to sort out my new hotbars. Making macros for the new skills which don't do anything but have the name of the skill I'm gonna put there later

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Little did they know that Coerthas was hitting records low temperature.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

And we only had to drown one person. :black101:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Someone photoshop some Mittens into the dgkk photo please ty

Also why does Powerman 5000 come up when you search for "sepirot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Thumbtacks posted:

Someone photoshop some Mittens into the dgkk photo please ty

Also why does Powerman 5000 come up when you search for "sepirot"

Powerman 5000 claims the phase 2 theme is a ripoff of one of their songs, IIRC.

• Locked thread