Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

That looks awesome.

edit: context for new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Someday I'll make a rip-off of Sushi-go-Round from Pokemon Stadium, with multiple game modes and stuff

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this shouldn't be a shocker but BG&E2 sounds like the Vaporwariest Vaporware

The Verge posted:

Where the original Beyond Good & Evil was a fairly straightforward third-person action adventure, its follow-up is something much larger and more complex. It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation.

Just what kind of game Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be is hard to pin down. It takes place in the same universe as the original, and is set a few generations before the events of that game. (Ancel insists “it’s not a reboot.”) Players will be able to create their own distinct in-game avatar, who will start on the bottom rung of society, before working their way up to become captain of a spaceship, complete with a crew. “Whatever character you choose, you will start at the very bottom of the social system,” Ancel says. “Maybe you’re delivering pizza. But one day you will have this gigantic spaceship.”

In a big shift from the first game, the prequel is structured like an RPG. You and your crew will develop new skills over time, and how you grow and change will reportedly depend on what you do and where you go. “You explore, you discover new cultures, those cultures are adapted to the planet, and then you can customize your ship based on what you discover on the planet,” Ancel explains.

The worlds you’ll be exploring, Ancel explains, are a combination of hand-designed and procedurally generated. He describes it as “like a SimCity simulation.”

It all sounds incredibly ambitious, especially when you consider that Ancel also wants to treat Beyond Good & Evil 2 as something of an early access title, with a community of players offering feedback and testing early prototypes. The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Someday I'll make a rip-off of Sushi-go-Round from Pokemon Stadium, with multiple game modes and stuff

Nobody will want to play it if Lickitung isn't in there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

That looks awesome.

edit: context for new page

It was weird seeing people in the switch thread get mad at that game because bill trinen was all "hey, a new game is gonna be announced and I think it is a game that looks neat and you've definitely never seen anything like it before" and also because it is a 3DS game and I guess they were hoping for nintendo to stop supporting the 3DS for some reason/stop talking about 3DS games at e3???

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

Sounds like the Star Citizen school of development.

Make a trailer
???
Game completed!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Quest For Glory II posted:

This sounds absolutely horrible.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
BG&E2 is less of a game in the sense of a complete product and more of an insurance policy in the event Vivendi does end up acquiring Ubisoft, the gaming community is supposed to rally together and support the ambitious title when it eventually appears to be in jeopardy and fight back in the name of Ancel and good gaming everywhere.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The Silver Snail posted:

Nobody will want to play it if Lickitung isn't in there.

I will

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im playing ffxv im like 7-8 hours in and the game is incomprehensible. I have no idea whats happening in both the story or the chaotic battles.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man I hate it when I'm too tired to play video games after work

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

miis are gaining sentience https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j69H1aDNgRw

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Real hurthling! posted:

Im playing ffxv im like 7-8 hours in and the game is incomprehensible. I have no idea whats happening in both the story or the chaotic battles.

it only gets worse

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

it only gets worse

Lol. Am i doing the battles right? Its like a monster nails you from off screen constantly and even when you see an attack coming you cant block because youre in an animation so you end up just yoloing and stocking up on hi potions?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol. Am i doing the battles right? Its like a monster nails you from off screen constantly and even when you see an attack coming you cant block because youre in an animation so you end up just yoloing and stocking up on hi potions?

You aren't doing battles right. To start with, stop mindlessly spamming attack and learn to time your dodges better.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

you shouldnt need to heal ever because jumping onto a tall thing fully both heals you and restores your mp instantly

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

BG&E2 is less of a game in the sense of a complete product and more of an insurance policy in the event Vivendi does end up acquiring Ubisoft, the gaming community is supposed to rally together and support the ambitious title when it eventually appears to be in jeopardy and fight back in the name of Ancel and good gaming everywhere.

Oh my god if Ancel did all this as basically a dead-man's switch to gently caress over Vivendi...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You aren't doing battles right. To start with, stop mindlessly spamming attack and learn to time your dodges better.

corn in the bible posted:

you shouldnt need to heal ever because jumping onto a tall thing fully both heals you and restores your mp instantly

Nah im doing it right

If i was wrong it wouldnt be mindlessly easy outside of the cheap shots every so often

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition for u$10 at some point and just started it yesterday and holy poo poo these have been the most boring 2 hours I've spent playing a video game this year. The character interactions are good but everything else, especially the "tactical" combat against damage sponge enemies (even on Easy difficulty) that happens every 30 seconds in the open world, is bland as hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GUI posted:

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition for u$10 at some point and just started it yesterday and holy poo poo these have been the most boring 2 hours I've spent playing a video game this year. The character interactions are good but everything else, especially the "tactical" combat against damage sponge enemies (even on Easy difficulty) that happens every 30 seconds in the open world, is bland as hell.

:yeah:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don't think I've ever been less interested in a game that I bought less than DA:I. I don't think I liked a single thing about it. The character creator was pretty robust I guess. That was a bad purchase.

e: I don't wanna be dour about video games. Horizon is crazy good. I thought I would be over the sensation of "look how big this world is" from all the open world games but seeing and climbing that first Longneck was really cool. Toe to tip, a really cool game.

Good change from playing like a hundred hours of Persona 5, 2017s Game of the Year.

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 15, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I liked a lot about Inquisition, but the combat was loving terrible.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/bravemule/status/875094417828450305

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I dropped inquisition after I finally unlocked a new zone to go too, but it was too high level and I couldn't actually survive going to it because of the red skull enemy mechanic, which has been bullshit in every game it's been in.

So my only option was to go back to the piss poo poo boring zone I was already in to farm more unlock points or whatever. The whole game was pretty boring, but mostly because of artificial red skull walls.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/875191524253937665

hahahahaha

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I don't think I've ever been less interested in a game that I bought less than DA:I. I don't think I liked a single thing about it. The character creator was pretty robust I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKzNgXfMc-0

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

loving why? I guess they legally have to but eh

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Speaking of disappointing mediocity, how about that new Bloodstained footage eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTVYb6xeUcU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Scandalous.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Speaking of disappointing mediocity, how about that new Bloodstained footage eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTVYb6xeUcU

looks ugly and slow. i'll probably just replay sotn

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dragon age inquisition sucks a lot

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

looks ugly and slow. i'll probably just replay sotn

SOTN is slow and floaty as hell until you get some mobility stuff on you.

edit: But it is much prettier

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

loving why? I guess they legally have to but eh

And I'm willing to bet this is just a port and they didn't bother to use the delay to actually fix some of the problems from the PC/console release (frankly I'm kind of surprised they ended up doing the handheld versions at all).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Indie developers: I know you have experience in the industry and think it'll be easier but please stop trying for 3D graphics unless you really have an idea of how you're going to use them.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

dragon age inquisition sucks a lot

yep

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Well I beat Dust: An Elysian Tail. It really pumped up the bad furry art in the late-game.

Also the ending sucked. Oh well. Game was pretty fun besides!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus that beyond good and evil 2 trailer is terrrrrrrrrrible. I mean holy poo poo. Makes sunset overdrive look restrained

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

Indie developers: I know you have experience in the industry and think it'll be easier but please stop trying for 3D graphics unless you really have an idea of how you're going to use them.

I gotta wonder, with the Metroidvania genre having been pretty well served these last few years by indie devs, is a new SOTN-like really that exciting to people anymore?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

people make fun of mass effect andromeda but it's way better than da 2 or 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mordja posted:

I gotta wonder, with the Metroidvania genre having been pretty well served these last few years by indie devs, is a new SOTN-like really that exciting to people anymore?

it makes me less excited for just metroid and bloodstained because they aren't as special now but i'm always happy for more good ones

• Locked thread