Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/875171283109019649

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

lol did he

did he go to the wrong hospital

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, but...what then? What happens as a result of that coming to light?

I mean, maybe trump is a super clean businessman and we all discover we were wrong about him all this time and we were just mean liberals hating on an honest hardworking man. But like, that isn't exactly what I expect if his business dealings get looked at.

Like even if you are a sad sack "nothing matters" guy, that thinks no law applies to trump or whatever, someone can still harm his business and that probably hurts him more than getting impeached would.

Owlofcreamcheese fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 15, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hannity has jumped the shark. Alex Jones has more credibility

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I know it won't happen but I just had a daydream about Hannity going down for obstructing justice. Bonus points if it's Trump that sells him out.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

How are they even tangentially related?!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

But the cartoon.

Isn't this the guy that got the Witch Hunt metaphor wrong.

and invading a castle one wrong too.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

nachos posted:

Hannity has jumped the shark. Alex Jones has more credibility

statement implies hannity was ever good or credible

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

skylined! posted:

lol did he

Nah he might have went to the hospital and talked to some folks about his situation but just didn't visit the dude.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

TARDISman posted:

LIBERALS! :bahgawd:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Looks like the crazy gunman got his am and pm mixed up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Eh, technically Trump didn't say he actually went in the room

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

empty whippet box posted:

I know it won't happen but I just had a daydream about Hannity going down for obstructing justice. Bonus points if it's Trump that sells him out.

Mr. President, answer the question.

Trump: I already told you if you want to know, ask Hannity! Call Sean Hannity!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

skylined! posted:

lol did he

If he's in critical condition and undergoing multiple surgeries Scalise is probably unconscious right now. There would be little point in a secret service detachment hovering over the bed.

It is kind of weird to make an official pronouncement like that, though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he might not be able to see visitors.

of course thats the thing you clear up ahead of time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus, he really is just a habitual liar. he cant loving help it.

lol. so is hannity gonna get fired eventualy?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Stay safe white supremacy ghost.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

If he's in critical condition and undergoing multiple surgeries Scalise is probably unconscious right now. There would be little point in a secret service detachment hovering over the bed.

It is kind of weird to make an official pronouncement like that, though.

this. if you go through serious poo poo, especially that serious. they wont let anyone except his wife and maybe kids/parents.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Oh gently caress :pwn:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

he might not be able to see visitors.

of course thats the thing you clear up ahead of time.
Eh, the dude presumably has family there who might presumably appreciate a visit from the President even if he himself is unconscious. It's just the framing of Acosta's tweet that's weird.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/philiprucker/status/875166972614516737
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875169637058609153

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

theres a will theres moe posted:

I haven't read all that but what is the point of trying to discredit something if that thing is actually happening?

What is the point of trump claiming comey told him he was not under investigation? Like the investigation would be cancelled if a guy who used to work at the FBI once said there was no investigation. It's almost as if the guy thinks he's still running a loving reality show or something.

It seems pretty clear from everything Republicans have said with respect to Trump firing Comey, that they think (they can play) obstruction of justice as a "fruit of a crime." As in, if you are innocent of the crime you are being investigated for, you can obstruct that investigation without consequence because there is no justice to serve.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/875174095285104640

That fat weirdo with the long hair? Excuse me?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

MickeyFinn posted:

It seems pretty clear from everything Republicans have said with respect to Trump firing Comey, that they think (they can play) obstruction of justice as a "fruit of a crime." As in, if you are innocent of the crime you are being investigated for, you can obstruct that investigation without consequence because there is no justice to serve.

That's not how it worked with Bill Clinton.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Petr posted:

That's not how it worked with Bill Clinton.

Bill Clinton was a democrat man keep up

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

Whatever hold Russia has on Trump, he knows about it. It's literally the one political view he has that doesn't change.

Oh God and it's so much more than that, too. Whenever someone asks him about the Russian meddling or Putin or Russia in general, he consistently does the exact same thing every time, and it's about the only thing he ever consistently does EVER: he defends Russia.

He doesn't say he's concerned that someone hacked the DNC and RNC.

He doesn't offer even a token comment or gesture that he thinks that US election process being hacked was, you know, a bad thing that shouldn't have happened.

He's not interested in finding out who actually did it or bringing them to justice (it wasn't Russia, though!).

No. He doesn't do any of that. He only does one thing, the same thing he does every time:

All he does is defend Russia.

When the intelligence agencies finally locked him in a room and presented their case that, yes dipshit, it was Russia, we know it's Russia, of course it was Russia, it was always Russia, and he finally briefly went "ok yeah maybe it could have been Russia possibly" he simply insisted that we all "move on" and that "they're not going to do it again' (er, how do you know? Did they tell you?). Let's just all forgive and forget, nothing to see here.

Donald Trump is a man who desperately wants to be admired and validated. All of his amorphous positions are a result of trying to appeal to a voter base that will give him adulation for saying what they want to hear. Except, you know, the one position he's been most consistent on - being nice to Russia - a position no voters have been mandating and does nothing for his popularity. There is no pro-Russia constituency in the US. We're presented with the notion that this supremely vain, insecure populist's single unwavering policy is one that zero major voting blocs or demographics have been asking for. He isn't pandering to anyone in the US with this, the only people it panders to is in the Kremlin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't this the guy that got the Witch Hunt metaphor wrong.

and invading a castle one wrong too.

No, that was Branco.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Okay, that? That poo poo's hosed up.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lizardman posted:

Oh God and it's so much more than that, too. Whenever someone asks him about the Russian meddling or Putin or Russia in general, he consistently does the exact same thing every time, and it's about the only thing he ever consistently does EVER: he defends Russia.

He doesn't say he's concerned that someone hacked the DNC and RNC.

He doesn't offer even a token comment or gesture that he thinks that US election process being hacked was, you know, a bad thing that shouldn't have happened.

He's not interested in finding out who actually did it or bringing them to justice (it wasn't Russia, though!).

No. He doesn't do any of that. He only does one thing, the same thing he does every time:

All he does is defend Russia.

When the intelligence agencies finally locked him in a room and presented their case that, yes dipshit, it was Russia, we know it's Russia, of course it was Russia, it was always Russia, and he finally briefly went "ok yeah maybe it could have been Russia possibly" he simply insisted that we all "move on" and that "they're not going to do it again' (er, how do you know? Did they tell you?). Let's just all forgive and forget, nothing to see here.

Donald Trump is a man who desperately wants to be admired and validated. All of his amorphous positions are a result of trying to appeal to a voter base that will give him adulation for saying what they want to hear. Except, you know, the one position he's been most consistent on - being nice to Russia - a position no voters have been mandating and does nothing for his popularity. There is no pro-Russia constituency in the US. We're presented with the notion that this supremely vain, insecure populist's single unwavering policy is one that zero major voting blocs or demographics have been asking for. He isn't pandering to anyone in the US with this, the only people it panders to is in the Kremlin.

poo poo like this makes me hope against hope that there's genuine evidence of Trump being directly controlled by Putin, so we can point at him and call him a Russian plant.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

But you know what's more hosed up?

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/875176262213488645

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/875174611297632256

I thought he didn't go into his room.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

what the gently caress :psyduck:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

it wasnt the weird hair guy, its the white house physician. I assume because he trusts the guy to get the diagnosis from the hospital, and then answer trumps questions. It's...not really outrageous

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

different personal doctor, the presidential personal doctor (a real doctor)

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

different personal doctor, the presidential personal doctor (a real doctor)
yeah, not this guy.

the other guy

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. so is hannity gonna get fired eventualy?

I thought this was the story a week or two ago? Did he not get fired after all?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
i guess it makes sense. Every time someone is wounded you send for the court physician to improve their chances.

We're just lucky he doesn't have his Surgeon General or he would have demanded they take over the operation.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

TARDISman posted:

Making Donald Trump look bad riles up the liberal barbarians who then kill people.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Ronny Jackson appears to be a navy WH doc holdover from the Obama administration. Notably not Trump's "personal" doc, unless he has his own with the same name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Interesting LGBTQ angle there wrt Crystal Griner

• Locked thread