Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKZoGgx4tg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/aloria/status/874412744161800192

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Outlook 2016 status: Still shows new mail envelope icon in the system tray randomly even though there isn't any new mail

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

oh there's our conversation it went straight to deleted items for no reason

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

wish my posts would go there etc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
someone in your organization set a recurring calendar item two years ago then hosed off? congratulations, you can never delete it. it will haunt your calendar for all eternity, rising from the dead every time you decline it

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 13, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
seriously, the fix is to use the mapi editor to scrub the item because there's no way to do it from the client that doesn't immediately get resynced as an item conflict

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

seriously, the fix is to use the mapi editor to scrub the item because there's no way to do it from the client that doesn't immediately get resynced as an item conflict
have you tried starting outlook with the /cleansniff switch to see if that clears it up

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Outlook 2016 status: Still shows new mail envelope icon in the system tray randomly even though there isn't any new mail

Still requires app-specific passwords for e-mail services worth using on the Windows desktop client. :sad:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gmail is poo poo and it's entirely their own fault they ditched activesync

outlook also sucks for not supporting oauth2 caldav and carddav

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

eudorka

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

anthonypants posted:

have you tried starting outlook with the /cleansniff switch to see if that clears it up

just did, a send/receive triggered the item conflict again, but it hasn't reappeared in the calendar yet. sometimes it doesn't for a week or so though.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

wololoo-hq-rip.flac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq__sCfpqvA

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

whats that man doing to his anus

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Athletic Footjob posted:

whats that man doing to his anus

innovating.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

without the ring i just don't see it

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
why are they spending resources on this when they've already remastered the superior sequels?

oh right because it's too late to make those exclusive to the windows store lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i watched this before the trailer and it opens with its echoes

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gmail is poo poo and it's entirely their own fault they ditched activesync

outlook also sucks for not supporting oauth2 caldav and carddav

gmail: haha thatll show apple *fucks over every email client instead then creates competing email clients*

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

SupSuper posted:

why are they spending resources on this when they've already remastered the superior sequels?

oh right because it's too late to make those exclusive to the windows store lol

also: they have nothing else.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I loved aoe so back the gently caress off 📴

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

I loved aoe so back the gently caress off 📴

more of a single target dude here

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

it's also randomly buggy as gently caress since the ui overhaul. it's like the good 'ol days of 9x all over again

be thankful you're not using it on OSX

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

be thankful you're not using it on OSX

2016 is bad, but it's less of an unmitigated trash fire than 2011 was. I don't think i ever saw outlook run for a whole day without crashing to desktop or beachballing indefinitely

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

anthonypants posted:

...aaaand it's back! reappeared overnight.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
use the built in windows mail app instead.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

i will when microsoft qa checks that copying from emails works

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
even w/ control+c sometimes not working its still better than outlook

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mostly because it is surprisingly good generally. my biggest issue with it is that it for some reason doesn't respect the os-wide spellchecking settings, so it always spellchecks and always auto-corrects (e.g. uppercasing my i's), and as i type emails in two or more languages a lot it is a bit annoying. it is still good though.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Shaggar posted:

ignore this shag man

never use any app store app

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
y not? they work gr8

burning swine
May 26, 2004

actually theyre bad

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Shaggar posted:

tried it ~six months ago. i wanted to like it but it had a horrendous case of the 'let's waste 70% of this horizontal screen estate for no reason'

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

you dont have to maximize it on a 4k screen

Shaggar posted:

:yossame:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

shagger gone wild

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

bit of a problem with the june cumulative patch - windows 10 anniversary update, on pro, the current business branch for updates. they added this interesting feature that says "A feature update includes new capabilities and improvements. It can be deferred for this many days:" (0 - 365). i'm not quite sure how they mistranslated this line as it just hides updates for the length of time, as unearthed by me trying to figure out why patch tuesday hadn't arrived

on a fun note did you know that when you set it to 0 it goes from "checking for updates" to immediately installing the cumulative update for the month, and also the june one will cause a bsod on first-pass?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Guess that subscription model isn't working out

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

and none worth owning

• Locked thread