Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Wirth1000 posted:

That actually seems ridiculously low and affordable as far as running a top tier domestic team goes.

Tubs being nigh indestructible really helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wirth1000 posted:

If Dale Coyne Racing can run out of a shop that small then what's to stop this thread from creating their own IndyCar team????

Who would our driver be?

Nando would take a paycut from F1 if he came to Indycar. Let's set our sights high, boys!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

WindyMan posted:

Who would our driver be?

Nando would take a paycut from F1 if he came to Indycar. Let's set our sights high, boys!

SRA?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Roberto Moreno better be our reserve driver

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He would be contractually obligated to have one stupid fight a season at least

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

He would be contractually obligated to have one stupid fight a season at least

Too bad he wasn't racing in Indy on Saturday, he'd probably go straight after TK.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Force Chickencheese

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

F1 needs more food sponsorship

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This isn't the F1 thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

God dammit

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

A bunch of teams are testing at RA today, and most everyone is using a ladder driver to get a free test day. Dalton Kellett (RHRs car), Nico Jamin (Marcos car), Matheus Leist (Rossis car), and Zach Claman Demelo (Hinch's car) are for sure there, Coyne is testing a "mystery driver", etc.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

A bunch of teams are testing at RA today, and most everyone is using a ladder driver to get a free test day. Dalton Kellett (RHRs car), Nico Jamin (Marcos car), Matheus Leist (Rossis car), and Zach Claman Demelo (Hinch's car) are for sure there, Coyne is testing a "mystery driver", etc.

When does testing start? And I'm pretty sure both Coyne's cars are going to be tested today to make sure they put them back together right.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

WindyMan posted:

Who would our driver be?

obviously Mark Plourde why is this even a question

e:

quote:

Indianapolis, IN (May 21, 2017) – MP Racing-Dale Coyne driver Sebastien Bourdais was qualifying for the 101st Indy 500 when something on his car broke and forced the #18 car hard into the turn 2 wall. Bourdais was driving at speeds over 231 mph when his IndyCar would not turn and went head first into the wall. Bourdais was awake and alert following the hard crash. He was later taken to a nearby hospital and was said to have multiple (four) fractures of his pelvis and a broken right hip. MPR-Dale Coyne team owners Dale Coyne and Mark Plourde visited Sebastien and his family at the local hospital on Sunday. Later Sunday afternoon it was announced that former IndyCar driver James Davison would pilot the #18 car in place of Sebastien Bourdais in the 101st Indy 500 next Sunday.

lol

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iospace posted:

When does testing start? And I'm pretty sure both Coyne's cars are going to be tested today to make sure they put them back together right.

They already ran this morning. I think it rained so the rest of the day may be washed out. Both Coyne cars did make it out, so thats pretty cool.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Roberto Moreno better be our reserve driver

Doesn't have enough internet cred. Clearly we need Greger Huttu.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

Wirth's av would be relevant.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Huttu/Plourde would make a powerful racing team.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Minto Took posted:

Wirth's av would be relevant.

Alternatively, let's sober Little Al up.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Oh if we're considering people from the srs bsns world of sim racing, I'll do it. Can't be any worse than Jack Miller.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Will ICS and Dallara allow a DW12 to be modified to fit drivers as tall as JW, but considerably... girthier?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Let's also see about getting OhsH a ride in our SA Indy Lights team. After all we need to work on developing our ladder talent.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I wonder what the annual operating cost of the new USF2000 car is. I like what they did as far as making it a common chassis for that and Pro Mazda. Anything to keep the ladder viable :(

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rent-a-ride from a team that already has all the start-up costs covered for pro F2000 is about $250k a year.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Cygni posted:

Rent-a-ride from a team that already has all the start-up costs covered for pro F2000 is about $250k a year.

That's 25,000 goons each chipping in :10bux:. Actually kind of doable.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

WindyMan posted:

That's 25,000 goons each chipping in :10bux:. Actually kind of doable.

Have you seen my posting? Im going to need that :10bux: for a re-reg.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

WindyMan posted:

Who would our driver be?

If we can rig up a playstation controller instead of a steering wheel I think L_Harrison is the obvious choice.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GutBomb posted:

If we can rig up a playstation controller instead of a steering wheel I think L_Harrison is the obvious choice.

No it would be Lance Stroll.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Indy-only entry would be Group 2 Best Group 2.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/eddiegossage/status/875085766459887616

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Where is he getting his stats? Hmm.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Talk Nissan into paying for the dusty Cosworth Indy engine and get some GT Academy guys in.

Watched part of the race and yikes, must have missed the competition yellows. Shame they messed up the tire. Also shame about all the broken carbon fiber.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, regarding "TK is a wiener":
https://twitter.com/TonyKanaan/status/873926905413734401
https://twitter.com/hcarpent/status/873928376704282626

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The smog at Fontana 2001 is insane.

The Toyota Single Side Turbo engines sound very strange.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 15, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

If Internet cred is necessary, is Vadim Kogay still a thing?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/IMSMuseum/status/875025226261819392

Also, Sato went to Japan for the weekend:
https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/874222085249302528
https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/874615956223537152
https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/874972898162769922

iospace fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 15, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
2001 CART owned. Goodnight sweet series, it was fun.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
For a postmortem, I recommend Surfers 2003 which is a hilarious race.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I will do that, in addition to re-watching 2002 and not enjoying it as much as the previous 6 seasons.

2001, while not the best season (97 is) had the most depth in the field. After Luiz Garcia Jr. did the first 2 races (he vanished and hasn't been seen in racing since) the grid really had no truly lovely drivers a la Shiggy, Nearburg, or Dennis Vitolo. Also, Memo Gidley deserved to retain his seat at Ganassi.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 15, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Is the cdo game out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

2001 CART owned. Goodnight sweet series, it was fun.

Yeah that was really the last year it was at full strength. That schedule they had back then was kinda mindblowing. All that was really missing was Homestead, Phoenix and Indy (IRL events)...it'd have been the ideal OWR schedule.

02 it was one foot out the door. Penske was gone. Nazareth, Michigan went to the IRL. The ABC/ESPN deal was gone. I just envision a lot of nervous laughter during that entire season as pretty much everyone was telegraphing what was going to happen after Penske left. Lights had gone to the IRL so you no longer had the Lights/Atlantic/Barber Dodge "Road to Indy" you once had in your wheel house.

03? Ganassi was fully gone. Andretti bailed. Rahal was partially out. No more Toyota or Honda. No more Motegi. They were supposed to have a big race at Fontana but that evaporated. Road America almost disappeared completely. (Mario I guess pleaded with management, and got the race named after him due to his efforts) Vancouver and Laguna Seca would both no longer exist within a year. Ganassi's "Chicago Motor Speedway" also died. MID loving OHIO DIED THAT SEASON. To me that's surreal. Especially considering how it was one of the strongest events and still is to this day.

• Locked thread