Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nier is a real nietzsche game

Jenseits von Butt und Hose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What I like most about the PS4 is how niche it is

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Can we not do this in 2 different threads in the same week? Cheers

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Idiots exist everywhere

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

haveblue posted:

The only thing I remember from Skyrim is Blackreach.

I remember the intro, the first town, some puzzles.

Bluekritz or whatever is called the developers are riding a skeleton horse here. The game is loving, loving dead already, for a long time.

2011:Skyrim
2012:Skyrim
2013:Skyrim
2014:Skyrim
2015:Skyrim
2016:Skyrim
2017:Skyrim

*scratch head*

We will get a new release of a new version of Skyrim in 2018?, why?

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 15, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Tei posted:

We will get a new release of a new version of Skyrim in 2018?, why?
It'll be the Vive version. No joke.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
To be fair, Skyrim will at least have some novelty factor going for it on the Switch just for being portable.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What do people mean when they say teleporting in Skyrim VR? I've never used VR so is it some style of movement where you look at a location and blink twice to get there or something?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VideoGames posted:

What do people mean when they say teleporting in Skyrim VR? I've never used VR so is it some style of movement where you look at a location and blink twice to get there or something?

Myst's going in a weird direction.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No joke, Riven VR would probably be the one thing that could make me consider buying a headset.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

Pretty much. Some people react badly to smooth, FPS-style movement in VR- your eyes tell you that you're walking forward while your body and inner ear tell you that you're sitting or standing still. Teleporting doesn't trigger this because the movement (if they even animate it at all instead of literally blinking you over there) is too fast and brief. You choose where to go with a crosshair or arc UI like aiming a weapon, most games have a button you hold down to enter this mode and release to go.

As for VR Myst, there's a reason people were interested in Obduction.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

Pretty much. Some people react badly to smooth, FPS-style movement in VR- your eyes tell you that you're walking forward while your body and inner ear tell you that you're sitting or standing still. Teleporting doesn't trigger this because the movement (if they even animate it at all instead of literally blinking you over there) is too fast and brief. You choose where to go with a crosshair or arc UI like aiming a weapon, most games have a button you hold down to enter this mode and release to go.

I am honestly surprised nobody's made a VR iteration of Myst yet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

haveblue posted:

The Doom VFR thing that Bethesda showed off had the weird teleporting, I didn't understand why so thanks for explaining

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Can anyone recommend me a obscure JRPG game?

I bought a PS4 in part to play these type of games, but since I bought the consoles I am playing pretty much the exact same games I use to play on the PC.

Can anyone recommend some JRPG game that is very little know for the western public, that could be interesting to check? I like story heavy games, if that help, but also enjoy good fights.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you're not averse to older games Wild Arms 3 is on PSN and is very good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tei posted:

I bought a PS4 in part to play these type of games, but since I bought the consoles I am playing pretty much the exact same games I use to play on the PC.

Can anyone recommend some JRPG game that is very little know for the western public, that could be interesting to check? I like story heavy games, if that help, but also enjoy good fights.

Just go play Persona 5, it's goddamn amazing.

Otherwise, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tei posted:

Since as the title suggests we have no idea in here what is known or unknown to the public at large, I guess I'd recommend the Atelier series or something?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Thanks to the suggestions guys. I will check them!

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I'm thinking about trading my regular old plebeian PS4 for a PS4 Pro in the near future and started reading up on how to transfer all my stuff from one to the other, but I realized that I have a 2TB HDD in there that I'd want to keep, so now I ask you, is there any (simple) way to transfer the game data when changing machines?

I was thinking of making 2 separate transfers (2TB to 1TB Pro, swap HDDs, 1TB to 2TB Pro), but I'm pretty sure swapping HDDs would make it so the 1TB couldn't be used in the old PS4.

What I'm thinking now is to back up my saves to USB, swap (and format) HDDs and just download the games I play as I need to. I've got unlimited kickass internet, wouldn't be too bad...

You guys know any other, better ways to go about doing it?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You can create a full backup image with an external hard disk of at least the same size. Makes things really easy.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Tei posted:

Thanks to the suggestions guys. I will check them!

Uh...Omega Quintet? The Akiba series? Not exactly obscure and it's an MMO, but FFXIV is probably the best written FF game since at least X.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ryoga posted:

Once again I had no problem with descent and that was honestly my very first home PC game I ever had.

Descent has never made me feel uneasy, but I also have never seen a movie in 3D or used VR.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nier is a real nietzsche game

I don't know why people have such a hard time describing it when this sentence captures it pretty succinctly and I think it's a joke.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I don't know why people have such a hard time describing it when this sentence captures it pretty succinctly and I think it's a joke.

I am currently reading the excellent something awnfull lets play[1] of Drakengard, and I continue surprising me with things like this:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols

I don't understand a word of Nietzsche, because I am not smart enough, but I recognize genius where I see it.

[1]
https://lparchive.org/Drakengard-3

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 15, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Nietzsche is such a cute name. It should be a Pokémon!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sony's stream schedule for today. Highlights are probably the Ace Combat 7 demo and saving the best for last with Patapon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tei posted:

I am currently reading the excellent something awnfull lets play[1] of Drakengard, and I continue surprising me with things like this:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols

I don't understand a word of Nietzsche, because I am not smart enough, but I recognize genius where I see it.

[1]
https://lparchive.org/Drakengard-3

Oh then you definitely want Nier: Automata which is the new game from the Drakengard director. Plays a hell of a lot better too

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Another port of a 7 year old game we all played last decade not doing it for anyone else?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sotc is being called a remake by sony. Hopefully more than just graphics going into it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony confirmed that the cut colossi aren't being added back to the SOTC remake.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hmmm yes one of the best games ever made with better graphics what's to get excited about 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Policenaut posted:

Sony confirmed that the cut colossi aren't being added back to the SOTC remake.

That sucks but nice to have confirmation on it. Maybe they'll save it for sotc 2?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I get why those colossi were cut to begin with, you can read up on them and how they were mostly either weird gimmick fights they didn't have elegant solutions for or really huge arena battles that required way too much space, but it's kind of disappointing.

They are modernizing the controls and movement though so you don't walk around like you're in sludge!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Macarius Wrench posted:

Another port of a 7 year old game we all played last decade not doing it for anyone else?

I'd rather we got Patapon 2 or 3 as well but I'll take the first game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man the Agility ships in Wipeout are insane. You go from something like a regular ship that needs airbrakes for some turns to an Agility ship that not only doesn't need airbrakes, but you'd better not even push the stick all the way.

Crazy getting used to that again...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd rather we got Patapon 2 or 3 as well but I'll take the first game.

Did you play 3? I played the poo poo out of all of them and while I loved 2, 3 felt worse in pretty much every way .

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Star Man posted:

Nietzsche is such a cute name. It should be a Pokémon!

Nietzsche is a niche philosopher, he isn't for everyone.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

goferchan posted:

Did you play 3? I played the poo poo out of all of them and while I loved 2, 3 felt worse in pretty much every way .

2 is the best 3 is worst than 1 unless you really liked multiplayer and the heavy handed RPG elements

They better announce Patapon Remastered is available NOW after they show it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love heavy handed RPG elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also there were some really nasty difficult spikes that they didn't seem to test

Hello insta-kill swinging blades in the final levels that were off-beat and forced you to lose fever

Actually I think only me and one other goon managed to beat the game because everyone got bored/frustrated with all the difficulty spikes

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 15, 2017