Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

crime fighting hog posted:

I wonder where his library will be. NYC, I assume.

Nah, in the walk in freezer of his favorite KFC. It'll just be a few pamphlets about Trump Towers and Trump Steaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I ti[p my had to you.

Life comes at you fast:

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/864998445244743684

Newt on twitter, May 18th posted:

Robert Mueller is superb choice to be special counsel. His reputation is impeccable for honesty and integrity. Media should now calm down

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Can we have a new word for deep state that better represents who's fighting back against the admin? I don't want to call the FBI doing their job against a president acting in bad faith 'deep', it's more like 'slightly more involved that we usually pay attention to' state.

It'd be like meeting a group of silicon valley CEOs that call themselves the Illuminati. Yes I'm sure you're powerful billionaries but you're definitely not the Illuminati, you built an app to facilitate bored teenagers hooking up.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Bulletin

Pops up every few years. I used to live in Charleston and I'd periodically get calls from people telling me I had to evacuate.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cheekio posted:

Can we have a new word for deep state that better represents who's fighting back against the admin? I don't want to call the FBI doing their job against a president acting in bad faith 'deep', it's more like 'slightly more involved that we usually pay attention to' state.

It'd be like meeting a group of silicon valley CEOs that call themselves the Illuminati. Yes I'm sure you're powerful billionaries but you're definitely not the Illuminati, you built an app to facilitate bored teenagers hooking up.

Like Government Institutions?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Cheekio posted:

It's literally just the bureaucracy of the United States. Lawfare Blog and I know a few others have pointed out that the Deep State is essentially just the apolitical career public servants who are just trying to do their job. Unfortunately Trump doesn't want to fill out their middle ranks because he believes those positions are just entrenching people with an undeserved power. He's a pissbaby that doesn't understand how a modern government works.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/deep-state-myth-and-real-executive-branch-bureaucracy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think, years from now, I'll remember these and laugh. That we elected a man who tweets insane garbage, so of course someone had to collect each one and gave them a presidential-looking format to show how truly hosed this is.

It wouldn't last a year in NYC he is loathed here.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cheekio posted:

As David Frum pointed out you can just replace every right wing allusion to "the deep state" with "the rule of law" and see what they actually mean.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yes, Donald. Taunt the special prosecutor, by all means.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/875320483184553984

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875321478849363968

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Is "Muelleris the Ti[p" a valid username?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mueller is a bad guy now. Okay.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Projection much?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I actually agree with Donny, the way people are treating Mueller is very distasteful.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Kind of late to talk about the Benghazi hearings Donnie.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

conflicted?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

"WAAAH! Mommy! The other kids are mean to me 'cuz mah deals suck and mah face is stoopid."

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

[to the tune of Bette Davis Eyes]

he's got shady Russian ties

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What does he think "conflicted" means?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Data Graham posted:

I think he means "with conflicts of interests"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Data Graham posted:

it's a right wing talking point that because mueller was interviewed to be fbi director again before being appointed he isn't allowed to investigate trump because

uh

well they never quite explain

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Why has CNN gone from "TRUMP UNDER INVESTIGATION" to "Mueller may investigate trump"? Did something get walked back?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

What do you think he means by conflicted? Because honestly, our guesses are probably on point.

:cripes:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
His law firm represented Ivanka and Jared - which is a legit concern if you think he's going to be soft on Jared as a result.

The problem with using that as a suggestion that he's biased against thenTrumps is... obvious

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
He probably is under the mindset that Americans are conflicted by PC mindset and would be mad or brainwashed not to love him.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

Mueller is a bad guy now. Okay.

Bad (or sick!) guy!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evilweasel posted:

it's a right wing talking point that because mueller was interviewed to be fbi director again before being appointed he isn't allowed to investigate trump because

uh

well they never quite explain

I assume the implication is that Mueller is angry at not being picked for FBI head and is now out for revenge.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Sopan deb is losing it

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/875323489649078275

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Also it's worth pointing out that Trump is not specifically being investigated for obstructing the investigation into if Trump colluded with Russia. He's being investigated for obstructing the investigation into Flynn, who is guilty as all hell.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Everyone loves me -> Nobody investigates someone they love -> Mueller is investigating me -> Mueller doesn't love me -> Mueller must have a bias against me -> Mueller has a conflict of interest.

That's how you make it happen.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Comparing Scalise's situation to a standard old person hip fracture is nonsensical.

Scalise has suffered a high energy penetrating trauma gunshot wound including unspecified organ damage and enough blood loss to require transfusions. In addition there could be a lot more damage to his pelvis than just a fracture of the femur which is the usual situation in a hip fracture.

A lot of the illness and death that attends hip fractures has to do with the condition of the elderly patients it happens to. Take a relatively healthy 50 or 60 year old and give them the same hip fracture through some kind of accident and their outcomes and recovery will be much better.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Data Graham posted:

Right Wing blogs are all playing up that Mueller's team of prosecutors donated to Democrats and includes someone who once vocally supported Hillary. So obviously, Mueller is a DNC plant (ignore his service in Bush administrations) out to serve DNC interests.

https://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/13/hmmm-special-counsel-muellers-team-sure-is-stacked-with-democrat-donors-n2340655

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Trump's gonna fire Mueller, isn't he?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

He really wants to but for now his aides are able to stop him from it.

The latest 'No you actually are under investigation you dipshit' stuff might set him off uncontrollably, especially as he probably DID think Comey's testimony exonerated him and his attitude towards the Russia stuff and investigations has always been a sort of bleating 'But I don't want investigations! I'm the boss! Why is this happening' class of idiocy.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Nah, either Fort Leavenworth or Guantanamo Bay.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

canepazzo posted:

Oh my God I would jizz for a week.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I wonder what the political fallout of firing Mueller would be. Probably nothing as the GOP is so spineless

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/875326922011672576

That joke I read the other day on twitter was, in fact, literally a script of their actual conversations:

quote:

TRUMP: i have committed multiple crimes
GOP: in his defense, he doesn't know to not say that
TRUMP: here is a spreadsheet of the money I laundered
GOP: look he's new to this
TRUMP: I obstructed justice.
GOP: He doesn't know what words mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm traveling today, which inevitably means the second I'm shut out from the outside world some big story will break and I won't know for hours.
So, uh, you're welcome

• Locked thread