Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Exinos posted:

The last time he posted an image things went poorly. Might just need some time to get his nerve back.

That was only a 'pretend' catte!

Cute or go home. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

God I wish someone from EA would say that they learned how to set their pricing model from CIG

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Ubisoft would then make the amateur hour mistake of actually releasing a product since publishers are idiots that don't understand this new paradigm of game development.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
When I see dat
tasty New Ship

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I guess he's backing for the free Lamborghini.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I saw a couple things regarding Beyond Good and Evil 2.

https://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469 has a clip of really seamless surface to orbit looking stuff.

The second was watching Giant Bomb at Nite tonight and hearing them all trash the gently caress out of it. They said it's a tech demo for an incomplete game that's been delayed forever and compared it unfavorably to No Man's Sky. There was also some stuff about taking a picture of a pig and showing it to another pig and that second pig saying it knows the first pig, which sounds an awful lot like star citizen's supposed AI fantasy.

Here's the thing that differentiates BG&E2 from Star Citizens: no consumer is on the hook for hundreds or thousands of dollars for it. If it flops or never makes it out of development hell or whatever it doesn't hurt a single person outside of the companies involved and their stakeholders. It seems like the kind of game I'd be into if it came out, but if it doesn't then I don't incur any penalty. And should I decide to pre-order it, I will only suffer to the tune of $59.99.

Also, having recently finished one of the paths in NMS and sinking like 70 hours in, it's fun for what it is, I found a space dinosaur yesterday and a couple planets with creatures that looked like cocks and balls combined hopping around on their scrotums, which made me giggle.

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Saw the Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer and it wasn't quite what I had expected. I think they would have done well just to create a new IP.
Yeah, it had me quite confused too, even though I've been waiting for the sequel for ages. And now... It's a prequel? But it has some sort of cult of Pey'j? Because reasons? Is Ansel even directing this one?

At least they went proper potty mouth, this is how you know it's a dystopian future. Ah well, I'll still play it. Goddamn it, Ubisoft.

Deathsquid fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 15, 2017

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Deathsquid posted:

Yeah, it had me quite confused too, even though I've been waiting for the sequel for ages. And now... It's a prequel? But it has some sort of cult of Pey'j? Because reasons? Is Ansel even directing this one?

At least they went proper potty mouth, this is how you know it's a dystopian future. Ah well, I'll still play it. Goddamn it, Ubisoft.

Ansel has been chained in the basement pumping Rabbids games for the last decade. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Iceclaw posted:

Ansel has been chained in the basement pumping Rabbids games for the last decade. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Yeah, I know, but didn't he have a meltdown a while ago and said he'll quit if they don't let him work on his own pet project (BG&E2)? I might be remembering it wrong.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Space Crabs posted:

Ban this non cat sniping mother fucker

unfree TheAgent

While we're talking images, we haven't seen any of Kayak lately. :colbert:

Ban Beet Wagon. Kayak for mod.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

While we're talking images, we haven't seen any of Kayak lately. :colbert:

Ban Beet Wagon. Kayak for mod.

That's true, I've been shirking my official duty pretty hard. I blame my wife, she's usually the one who takes all the pictures of him. I tried snagging some shots of him having a meltdown about our new Roomba the other day but he wouldn't hold still long enough to not be a vaguely dog-shaped blur :D

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

That's true, I've been shirking my official duty pretty hard. I blame my wife, she's usually the one who takes all the pictures of him. I tried snagging some shots of him having a meltdown about our new Roomba the other day but he wouldn't hold still long enough to not be a vaguely dog-shaped blur :D

Blurry puppers best puppers; Down with Beet

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlmightyPants posted:

https://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469 has a clip of really seamless surface to orbit looking stuff.

The second was watching Giant Bomb at Nite tonight and hearing them all trash the gently caress out of it. They said it's a tech demo for an incomplete game that's been delayed forever and compared it unfavorably to No Man's Sky. There was also some stuff about taking a picture of a pig and showing it to another pig and that second pig saying it knows the first pig, which sounds an awful lot like star citizen's supposed AI fantasy.

Giant Bomb at Night day 1 or 2 and staff or who was the guests? Gonna have to listen to this.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deathsquid posted:

He is. He was on stage right after in tears because he's finally allowed to make it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EmpReb/status/875322760519659520

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So uhh anyone want to break the news to him ?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

These people will be genuinely puzzled when Star Citizen delivers a lovely, severely under-performing and bare-bones as gently caress MVP, if anything.
"But their tech was working! we saw it with our own eyes! How could this be?!"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
CHEATER PLAYER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Find this cheater
2 Fight him

ACTUAL RESULT
I expected to fairly fight this person.

EXPECTED RESULT
So I am chilling on an asteroid when I get attacked by this Constellation. At first I dont think anythings up; just another player trying his hand at combat. Well, I expend 2 missiles which are direct hits, as he's immobilized I lay into him with my QUAD MANTIS load out, and almost nothing happens. We go back and forth, hes launching missiles, I'm hitting him a LOT, and hes not exploding.

I've had the quad mantis set up for a while now, I am use to killing with them and I am confident this player was cheating, as I expended ALL my ammunition on him, yet he still flies away almost unharmed.

I was put up against a cheater. I know so because I expended the entirety of my ammo (Quad Mantis') with at least 60% accuracy, I have gone against many a player and killed them with less, when they were in better ships.

Plus, after he attacks and decides to retreat, his crimestat *magically* disappears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRO6miMAxd0

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
we saw progress every week!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
my QUAD MANTIS load out

4 x $16

AP fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 15, 2017

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6he8l7/one_year_ago_ugentlemanj_posted_a_time_capsule/

cymelion took his meds and has a moment of clarity

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

AP posted:

CHEATER PLAYER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Find this cheater
2 Fight him

ACTUAL RESULT
I expected to fairly fight this person.

EXPECTED RESULT
So I am chilling on an asteroid when I get attacked by this Constellation. At first I dont think anythings up; just another player trying his hand at combat. Well, I expend 2 missiles which are direct hits, as he's immobilized I lay into him with my QUAD MANTIS load out, and almost nothing happens. We go back and forth, hes launching missiles, I'm hitting him a LOT, and hes not exploding.

I've had the quad mantis set up for a while now, I am use to killing with them and I am confident this player was cheating, as I expended ALL my ammunition on him, yet he still flies away almost unharmed.

I was put up against a cheater. I know so because I expended the entirety of my ammo (Quad Mantis') with at least 60% accuracy, I have gone against many a player and killed them with less, when they were in better ships.

Plus, after he attacks and decides to retreat, his crimestat *magically* disappears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRO6miMAxd0

I like that not only has he failed to report a bug, he's put the expected result in the actual result section and the expected result is his rambling garbage.

Edit: QUAD MANTIS

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

I like that not only has he failed to report a bug, he's put the expected result in the actual result section and the expected result is his rambling garbage.

I noticed that, I think it's the natural evolution for "Expected Result".

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

AlmightyPants posted:

Here's the thing that differentiates BG&E2 from Star Citizens: no consumer is on the hook for hundreds or thousands of dollars for it. If it flops or never makes it out of development hell or whatever it doesn't hurt a single person outside of the companies involved and their stakeholders. It seems like the kind of game I'd be into if it came out, but if it doesn't then I don't incur any penalty. And should I decide to pre-order it, I will only suffer to the tune of $59.99.

Also, having recently finished one of the paths in NMS and sinking like 70 hours in, it's fun for what it is, I found a space dinosaur yesterday and a couple planets with creatures that looked like cocks and balls combined hopping around on their scrotums, which made me giggle.
Frankly the kotaku article has made me worried.Ancel is archering CR quotes

quote:

“I’m changing the time,” Ancel said as he then zoomed out so that the camera pulled back from the atmosphere into outer space. Many games have day/night cycles, but in this demo, “Changing the time” meant actually making the planet rotate on its axis as it moved around a star,causing the light from the star to hit the surface differently. “There is a universal simulation,” he said. “There are galaxies. It’s not just changing the color of the sun. Everything is rotating.”

quote:

“When you see a sunset in Beyond Good and Evil 2, that’s a real sunset,” producer Guillaume Brunier added. “It’s not just some lights our artists put there.”

quote:

Ancel zoomed back in. He could go from a surface-level view and back out into space in no time, with no loading screens.

quote:

Brunier described encounters with the makers of other gaming tech that wasn’t equipped to do coffeehouse-to-cosmos zooming. “When we work with other guys on other engines and we say we need to travel 20,000 kilometers per hour on the planet, they say, ‘What are you talking about?’ When we say, ‘We need to display special effects at 200km away from the player, they don’t… they are not doing these kinds of things usually.’

quote:

Exploration will span the galaxy, as the developers want players to zip across planets from city to city and fly from planet to planet. All of the content can’t be hand-made, so Ancel explained that the developers will, to an extent, use random generation. They will hand-make some content and let the computer do some of the other. Many of you reading are probably having No Man’s Sky flashbacks right now, but Ancel actually referenced Dwarf Fortress as an inspiration. The beloved, hardcore PC game generates new societies with their own mythology and history. “We have some techniques that allows us to populate the planet in a logical way,” Ancel said.
hand crafted procedural tech :negative:

Ancel does have better track record than CR. But it does sound too similar to CR and has me worried.
Hopefully those pre alpha tech demo modules will put my mind in ease. (any bet's that you can buy access to those tech demos?)

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Hi guys.
Is 3.0 out yet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When he starts talking about modeling circulatory systems and having to awkwardly stare at an npc before it will give you a special mission for your designer space pants then I will worry that he's turned into a crobbits.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an ambitious concept tempered by a nine year shitshow

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

"can't wait to look back and see the differences"
- Cymelion, 12 months ago.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

AP posted:

:gary:QUAD MANTIS:yarg:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

Testiclasaurus. I'm right yes?

his nibs fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 15, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Imagine if EA charged you 60$ extra for the best airplane guns in BF1.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quad Mantis. Makes a nice name for a villain.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

Hi guys.
Is 3.0 out yet?

4.0 is releasing tomorrow

wait, oops. wrong game

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Quad Mantis. Makes a nice name for a villain.

Metal Gear Solid 6. Quad Mantis are the four sons of Psycho Mantis who all share a psychic link making them effectively one mind with four bodies.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sunswipe posted:

Metal Gear Solid 6. Quad Mantis are the four sons of Psycho Mantis who all share a psychic link making them effectively one mind with four bodies.

So they trip over their own feet, try to pick up things using one body's arm that are actually in front of one of the other bodies, generally spend all their time disorientated and falling down a lot?

I'd play it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sandweed posted:

Imagine if EA charged you 60$ extra for the best airplane guns in BF1.

While simultaneously insisting that the game isn't pay-to-win

bill_murray
Apr 27, 2016

phosdex posted:

What the heck are those things under the bottom left of his monitor?

Looks like crappy 3d printed faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fil5000 posted:

So they trip over their own feet, try to pick up things using one body's arm that are actually in front of one of the other bodies, generally spend all their time disorientated and falling down a lot?

I'd play it.

AH! I SEE YOU LIKE TO PLAY STAR CITIZ~ Oh, wait, no... It's not out yet.

Uhhh, I get a mulligan...

AH! I SEE YOU LIKE TO PLAY MINESWEEPER!