Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Sunswipe posted:

Ban Beet Wagon.
Free Kayak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Sunswipe posted:

No, he was talking about the good one. You know, with Lorne Green and Dirk Benedict.

Oh sure yeah. That's... that's the one alright.

:negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I just think we need to step back with all the hoopla of E3, the open development of Star Citizen and "The Agent" ban (who should be freed) to focus on Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts Historian presentation on Friday before we make rash judgements and posts that would tarnish this fine thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Will goons admit to being wrong when Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are successfully released?

Will Star Citizens admit they were being deceived intentionally when Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are not successfully released?

Which will withstand the test of time?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I still laugh that crobbits has his own historian, the backers surely agreed to pay for that along with his nutrionist and fashion expert

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Quavers posted:

Free TheAgent :patriot:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

Will goons admit to being wrong when Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are successfully released?

Will Star Citizens admit they were being deceived intentionally when Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are not successfully released?

in the event of a release we will laugh at how lovely wing commander the movie 2 is

in the event of a nonrelease the surviving backers that don't eat a bullet to go be with admiral bishop will devote 100% of their time and resources to "Star Citizen Continues" or whatever the gently caress the fan attempt at getting / using / developing the assets for the game is. With all the regulars from reddit being moderators on the SCC forums.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Jailbreak Something Jones

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Nice analogy.

Let's pick a soap and roll with it. Who is in the coma? Is Erin the one that had the dream sequence for the season? Who shot CR?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

in the event of a release we will laugh at how lovely wing commander the movie 2 is

in the event of a nonrelease the surviving backers that don't eat a bullet to go be with admiral bishop will devote 100% of their time and resources to "Star Citizen Continues" or whatever the gently caress the fan attempt at getting / using / developing the assets for the game is. With all the regulars from reddit being moderators on the SCC forums.

I guarantee Ben already has a section of his wing commander website set aside and ready to go live the second the collapse is announced

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

I still laugh that crobbits has his own historian, the backers surely agreed to pay for that along with his nutrionist and fashion expert

It somewhat makes sense if you watch the movie "Unforgiven" and imagine Gene Hackman played by Roberts and Eastwood played by Smart.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Today you should wear blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

Stunning mr Roberts simply stunning , the black really helps accentuate your gut, And the whole ensemble brings back visions of a cancer ridden Steve Jobs

Do you happen to own a velour dinner jacket ? Well by God you must get one , it is the single most elegant piece in a gentleman's warddrobe

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lets be totally objective and serve the cause of comedy.

Best Case Scenario: Game is a blockbuster. Goons owned into oblivion after years of mocking the valiant efforts of a plucky young studio.

Better Case Scenario: Game is undeniably poo poo. Goons laugh at the die hards trying to justify it.

Worst Case Scenario: Game is mediocre-average. Goons will be in a war saying its poo poo with the citizens saying its the best. Boring as gently caress.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Best Case Scenario: Game is a blockbuster. Goons owned into oblivion after years of mocking the valiant efforts of a plucky young studio.

Better Case Scenario: Game is undeniably poo poo. Goons laugh at the die hards trying to justify it.

Worst Case Scenario: Game is mediocre-average. Goons will be in a war saying its poo poo with the citizens saying its the best. Boring as gently caress.

Best Case Scenario: Game is a broken pile of poo poo, a few lack luster patches are released, Chris Roberts returns to obscurity.

Better Case Scenario: Complete collapse, endless entertainment for us all.

Worst Case Scenario: See Kingdoms of Amalur.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Best Case Scenario: Game is released.

Better Case Scenario: Game is released and allows goons back in to grief the single system.

Worst Case Scenario: July Blog.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
life comes at you quick
Touchdowntim55

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6haxmf/planetary_surface_beyond_good_evil_2/

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

shrach posted:

I decided to have my own go at an estimate of the CIG cash flow. I've tried to take an optimistic view of CIG and so I think this paints a best case scenario for them. This mainly includes the assumption that running offices in LA, Austin, and Frankfurt is significantly more efficient than a single large office in Manchester. I've based this on a number of factors and tried to ignore the "Restoration Hardware factor". In my opinion, even if you remove the estimated motion capture expenses from Foundry 42 there is still a lot of room for possible pork in their budget. If you make the assumption that Foundry 42 / Manchester is an efficiently run company then you sort of have to add another $15m+ to the USA budget for the five years.

This is interesting. If I'm reading this right then, assuming funding/expenses continue at the current levels, CIG could potter along for 8 or 9 years (if the other studios are more efficient) or around 3 years (if the other studios have similar costs to F42). Obviously it could be longer if they cut costs as the money starts to run out or if anyone is foolish enough to lend them more. If funding stopped tomorrow then they'd be out of cash in about 7 or 8 months (if the other studios are efficient) or 3 months (if not).

In other words, providing they can keep milking the whales and are willing to quietly run down some studios then CIG could linger for years. They really need to keep the whale money coming though.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

shrach posted:

I decided to have my own go at an estimate of the CIG cash flow. I've tried to take an optimistic view of CIG and so I think this paints a best case scenario for them. This mainly includes the assumption that running offices in LA, Austin, and Frankfurt is significantly more efficient than a single large office in Manchester. I've based this on a number of factors and tried to ignore the "Restoration Hardware factor". In my opinion, even if you remove the estimated motion capture expenses from Foundry 42 there is still a lot of room for possible pork in their budget. If you make the assumption that Foundry 42 / Manchester is an efficiently run company then you sort of have to add another $15m+ to the USA budget for the five years.

:perfect:

ps: They're so hosed. It makes sense that they're pulling out all the stops in order to continue raising money.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

How did we get onto the thought that cig basically got all the actors and mocap time for next to nothing now ?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Saw the Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer and it wasn't quite what I had expected. I think they would have done well just to create a new IP.

Any event though, the trailer was more fun and exciting than anything CIG has managed to cough out. Better acted and animated what more character.

I know it's just a pre-rendered video, but that pretty much makes it the perfect comparison to Sq42/Star Citizen.

They really nailed that "lived in, rough and tumble" sort of sci-fi atmosphere that Chris Roberts loves to try and aim for so much.

Also free TheAgent! :patriot:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
#IStandwithAgent

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Decrepus posted:

I will gladly admit to being wrong if SQ42 and SC come out and are the best games ever. I will then spend the smallest amount of money I can to get into SC and gently caress with the turbo-whales.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
I stand with The Agent!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
drat, drunk agent is best agent... sounds like he was just getting primed :(

Also Derek, don't ever finish your game cos that will somehow make Star Citizen better.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

All of these scenarios have been true for like 2 years now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
This dirty leaver's (a concierge backer) reasons for getting a refund make a lot of sense.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Imagine if Roberts did his original fundraiser with Pi out to 64 bit precision.

Edit: It's an irrational thought.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 15, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's me, I'm the guy who spends every waking hour defending Star Citizen but totally doesn't care if it ever comes out or not I'm serious

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

For the 100th time goon, every dollar raised is 4x more effective than the publisher model.

This is true.

Chris, Sandi, Erin and other upper management are being paid at lest 4x more than a publisher would pay them.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for your support in this trying time. I am vindicated. God bless. Only with your constant prayers could I overcome this worrying and troublesome attempt at silencing the truth.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Free TheAgent Tophat!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Free TheAgent Tophat!
Deeply disturbing, if true.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ban this non cat sniping mother fucker

unfree TheAgent

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think you were wishing it was Friday. Today is Bugsmashers.

Lesnick is on Friday.

on this week's episode of Burgersmashers...

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Space Crabs posted:

unfree TheAgent

The last time he posted an image things went poorly. Might just need some time to get his nerve back.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Thank you for your support in this trying time. I am vindicated. God bless. Only with your constant prayers could I overcome this worrying and troublesome attempt at silencing the truth.

You'll be added to the anals of the 4th stimpire.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Deathsquid posted:

What if a space ship could transform into a giant battle robot, a transmorpher, if you will? What if several ship robot transmorphers could combine into one giant spaceship or robot, perhaps a Fooltron-class battle platform?

~~dreams~~

It's practically already in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

unfree TheAgent

+42 Cattes