Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

Ruggan your better off playing this much worse game worlds adrift with us. Since we can also infuriate pubbies with full pvp even in the starter t1 zones.

he's not wrong, its fun to plant bombs on rickety ships

do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im probably going to do this. play the ship game, that is

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm probably going to play this game a bunch for the first week just to kill mans and then quit

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Imma play for at least a week. I expect it to still suck, but if it doesn't, I'll play longer.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

FormerFatty posted:

Theres no reason we cant strive for similar success here as long as everyone is willing to poo poo in socks, quit their jobs, and ruin their fake relationships with our waifus to achieve it.

How much of a time investment does this game require anyway?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
All the skeltals worth

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Breidr posted:

How much of a time investment does this game require anyway?

do you have any social obligations whatsoever? if yes, you dont have enough time to play albion online

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Just remember for the price of taking off work for a week to play AO at launch, you could just actually work and make enough money for a trip to real Germany and stay on the Rhine for a few nights.

stay safe poopsockers

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Blazing Zero posted:

do you have any social obligations whatsoever? if yes, you dont have enough time to play albion online

Have a full time job. Guess I'll pass.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Breidr posted:

Have a full time job. Guess I'll pass.

kim would be so proud :unsmith:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Realtalk, if you wanna do gvg and actually do the esports territory fights you'll probably have to spend quite a bit of time unless they drastically reduced the grind since I last played. If you just wanna log on, chop trees, craft a couple items, maybe kill a couple people if you see them in the half hour you're out and aren't completely outgeared while not with a zerg then you can probably just do whatever for however long. But that's kind of true of most mmos. You'll probably want to spend a moderate amount of time at least.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

Realtalk, if you wanna do gvg and actually do the esports territory fights you'll probably have to spend quite a bit of time unless they drastically reduced the grind since I last played. If you just wanna log on, chop trees, craft a couple items, maybe kill a couple people if you see them in the half hour you're out and aren't completely outgeared while not with a zerg then you can probably just do whatever for however long. But that's kind of true of most mmos. You'll probably want to spend a moderate amount of time at least.

to be fair forge isn't fibbing when he says 4.2 is day 1, they did alot to not lose the dwindling playerbase they had in the first place attract new players - and it may keep the game alive for another month than usual so heres to fun maybe (probably not)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah but 4.2 is not going to win you all your esports guild wars unless the power curve had been drastically reduced.

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2016/08/this-is-huge-negative-for-albion-online.html?m=1

drat, what the hell did you all do to EVE?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

haha, the worst you had to deal with in dfo was some dudes scripting? oh man. welcome to albion online

Running a big df guild at the time makes running anything in albion online look like a walk in the park the goons that played albion were just bad and dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Pixelslol posted:

the goons that played albion were just bad and dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't think any of the goons that played albion will disagree w/ you

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I made the mistake of playing the healer in this game. So drat boring!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Charles Bukowski posted:

I made the mistake of playing the healer in this game. So drat boring!

I'm playing healer again for however long I'm playing for. Everyone feel free to stand in front of me and get rained on by my heals.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Pixelslol posted:

Running a big df guild at the time makes running anything in albion online look like a walk in the park the goons that played albion were just bad and dumb ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sup though -- you playing AO? DF was indeed serious business but wasnt it worth it when we took out Hyperion, the roleplaying zerg within 2 months of the game launch?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
man we need some hot leaks

forge?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
People arguing about how certain groups run the entire outlands. Korn pitching ideas, and random robin posts.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Is scamming still allowed? I'll join whichever goon guild supports my rampant false-telling to members of the Tablet RPG Community.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
join all of them then

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Holy poo poo that psycho is still playing MMOs? He was a hilarious train wreck of a human being back when he played WoW. Something tells me Eve has only made hm worse.

i guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it's not like he'd ever leave his home or anything like that.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug
i'm comin' back for this game on release! ivys suicide squad rides again!

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

CoffeeBooze posted:

Holy poo poo that psycho is still playing MMOs? He was a hilarious train wreck of a human being back when he played WoW. Something tells me Eve has only made hm worse.

i guess I shouldn't be too surprised since it's not like he'd ever leave his home or anything like that.

What I want to know is how Goons managed to afford the resources necessary to pay off game devs. That sounds like a semi-smart use of cash and not Goonlike at all. It just doesn't add up.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What I like is how everyone poo poo all over this sad game and now that we're less than one month out from release... All the sad poo poo talkers are back going BEST GAME EVER GONNA PLAY RELEASE!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

forge posted:

What I like is how everyone poo poo all over this sad game and now that we're less than one month out from release... All the sad poo poo talkers are back going BEST GAME EVER GONNA PLAY RELEASE!!

its bad

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

forge posted:

A lot of them already paid, so why not play. I'm not exactly sure the sentiment is "Best Game Ever" though.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
best game now

Breidr
Jan 9, 2016

Suxpool posted:

best game now

Best Tablet MMO 2017

Also best Lumberjack Simulator 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eonwe posted:

its bad

what if its good though? its good imo

futile
May 18, 2009
Hey don't forget some people dropped like 100bux so they could ride an ox for 1 extra day. You can't just not play at that point

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
its more about the horse for me i hate walking

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, this game is still gonna be bad, but since I already bought it, I mind as well play :shrug:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

This is a terribly designed game from the ground up and will be dead in 3-6 months much like AA fresh starts, except for the die-hards. So p typical modern MMO launch.

That said there is fun to be had on launch as usual and well you should have fun. I will say it is 100% not worth taking off work for, and aspiring albioners should just dick around at t4-t6 until they are bored, because going hard in AO leads to nothing but despair and misery.

So yeah, I'll talk poo poo about this lovely pile of poo poo poo poo game all I want and may play for a week or two until bored.

poo poo game.

e: they really just need to adopt the crowfall campaign idea and wipe the game every 6 months.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 19, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

futile posted:

Hey don't forget some people dropped like 100bux so they could ride an ox for 1 extra day. You can't just not play at that point

Its a bad lovely game but I got to ride my ox at least once.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
You know what I miss most about AO?

Full page quote hamburgers, like 4500 pixels long. Those were legit

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well I've never seen any MMO before this really capture the magic of a MOBA while chaining it to the MMO grind so I'm super excited for that one of a kind experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
someone told me everybody who was banned during beta is getting unbanned at launch

kimsemus come back 2 us

• Locked thread