Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/LyZzXpQ.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hahahahahahah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

A good yoshi

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Was there any E3 news from FromSoft? Was that Bloodborne sequel rumor from the Ori developer thing ever confirmed?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

suuma posted:

Was there any E3 news from FromSoft? Was that Bloodborne sequel rumor from the Ori developer thing ever confirmed?

There was no news and lol if anyone thought that guy knew anything

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
That's cool, I didn't really think he did.

I just haven't really been following E3 this year.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
No fromsoft game, no platinum game, no death stranding. Bad e3

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

corn in the bible posted:

people make fun of mass effect andromeda but it's way better than da 2 or 3

The main story ending is garbage and removing the AI customization sucked but other than those DA Inquisition was thoroughly enjoyable to me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

suuma posted:

Wait what? There was a rumor that the Ori guys were working on a Bloodborne sequel?

In any case, we're getting Ori 2, a much better use of their dev time

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I like Bloodstained's art style and think it looks good.

Dunno how this seems like a MN9 situation to people at all

Same.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Wait what? There was a rumor that the Ori guys were working on a Bloodborne sequel?

In any case, we're getting Ori 2, a much better use of their dev time

No there was a dumb clickbait article floating around where someone quoted the maker of Ori saying he was very sure a Bloodborne 2 would be at E3, as though he was any more of a source than a random person.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Quest For Glory II posted:

this shouldn't be a shocker but BG&E2 sounds like the Vaporwariest Vaporware

I'm really worried now. Esp hearing how they're pulling off an FFXV and completely resetting development

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nina posted:

I'm really worried now. Esp hearing how they're pulling off an FFXV and completely resetting development

I'm pretty sure there was never more work done than these two trailers in over ten years.

It's more like Star Citizen on a budget.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

No there was a dumb clickbait article floating around where someone quoted the maker of Ori saying he was very sure a Bloodborne 2 would be at E3, as though he was any more of a source than a random person.

The ori guy is apparently a bit of a blowhard. He swore up and down the new xbox was next gen and not just a pro version and thats wrong as hell too.

Stick to painterly vidyagames, ori guy, lest ye seem dumb again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

recently picked up Thumper for Switch to see what all the fuss is about. goddamn wish I picked this up sooner, what a batshit game. I actually was getting antsy thinking the Final Boss was the end of the game. Then I realized this was just world 1 of 9 and there are still new mechanics being introduced.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nina posted:

The main story ending is garbage and removing the AI customization sucked but other than those DA Inquisition was thoroughly enjoyable to me.

the combat is complete and absolute rear end, seriously one of the worst ive seen in an RPG

even in the trash fire that was 2 the combat was still fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Inquisition's combat didn't bother me all that much. It wasn't great but it was extremely easy to break.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it was okay

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i heard it got better with dlc but at release it was nothing but mindless button mashing even on the hardest difficulty. the only way to get some meaningful challenge was to fight stuff much higher level than you at which point you realize that tactical planning is completely impossible due to the horrid overhead camera

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

The ori guy is apparently a bit of a blowhard. He swore up and down the new xbox was next gen and not just a pro version and thats wrong as hell too.

Stick to painterly vidyagames, ori guy, lest ye seem dumb again.

The Ori guy can say as much dumb poo poo as he wants as long as I get more Ori

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
Hollow Knight desperately needed an automap but that's about it

bloodychill posted:

Also I got bored with DAI pretty quickly but a lot of people love that game a lot and I'm still not entirely sure why.

their WoW raids were locked for the week

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I thought it was pretty fun but my standards for slower RPG gameplay aren't very high.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

babypolis posted:

i heard it got better with dlc but at release it was nothing but mindless button mashing even on the hardest difficulty. the only way to get some meaningful challenge was to fight stuff much higher level than you at which point you realize that tactical planning is completely impossible due to the horrid overhead camera

It has some vestiges of old-school CRPGs but it's really more like an MMO that you just do your own thing in while occasionally ordering your party members to drink a potion.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nina posted:

I'm not worried just because I wasn't really counting on a BG&E sequel anyway. Lots of other good games to play instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

The Ori guy can say as much dumb poo poo as he wants as long as I get more Ori

Microsoft owns them or a big part at least so we'll get one every other year until the end of time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Microsoft owns them or a big part at least so we'll get one every other year until the end of time

I mean I'd be 100% okay with this. The movement in that game feels so good to me

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They'll probably run out of funding halfway through and go bust before that plan comes to fruition.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Bloodstained looks fine from what I've seen and I hope it's fine upon release.

Kinda wish they were using 2D graphics but maybe that's just me Being Old about it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im not criticizing i think its a good game and look forward to the next 6

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

why miss ryder you'rre trying to seduuce e

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
by the way elder scrolls online is literally a better rpg than dragon age 3 and you can't even say da3 avoids the annoyances of playing an mmo because it has loving hour long timers and poo poo

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Monkey Fracas posted:

Kinda wish they were using 2D graphics but maybe that's just me Being Old about it

no you're correct actually

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
As much as I'd like Beyond Good & Evil 2 to be amazing, I think it was stupid to put out another trailer with nothing to really show. Ancel sounds excited for his plan but it reeks of feature bloat, especially since they haven't really done any work on gameplay. The description that was posted earlier sounded like a jumble of buzzwords, each of which makes the game more complicated to finish. And why even attach it to BG&E if you're going to have player-created characters and procedural worlds? Just make a contained story with fun gameplay and loving finish it. Let me photograph animals for money and give me some nice music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdcJWDNsao

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Monkey Fracas posted:

Bloodstained looks fine from what I've seen and I hope it's fine upon release.

I think it looks fine (and looks fun!), but if anything could use a once over to give it GG:Xrd style shading it's definitely this style of game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know they don't use 2D stuff because it is very expensive to do that but does anybody know if the technology behind things like Guilty Gear XRD's graphics is cheap enough to pull off? I wouldn't be opposed to more games adopting that style if it will let them achieve a 2D look without the cost of 2D animation.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I know they don't use 2D stuff because it is very expensive to do that but does anybody know if the technology behind things like Guilty Gear XRD's graphics is cheap enough to pull off? I wouldn't be opposed to more games adopting that style if it will let them achieve a 2D look without the cost of 2D animation.

I think it's just time consuming because they mess with the tweened animations by hand until they don't look automatic.

Like they outlined how to do it in a GDC talk so I don't think it's proprietary or anything, just hard and requiring dedication.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

Xrd has hand-manipulated frames with 3D models so most studios that pick 3D graphics over 2D wouldn't bother because that beats the whole point with animation efficiency. If you're going to do Xrd style 3D you might as well do 2D.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That BG&E2 plan *sucks teeth*

That is a neat video in the article, though.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

2) a laughable take on hacking subculture that plays like the musings of a baby boomer who dialed into BBSes in the 90s and started extrapolating on what today's millenials find cool

Watchdogs 2 is the closest we'll ever get to a video game version of the movie Hackers and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

I think it looks fine (and looks fun!), but if anything could use a once over to give it GG:Xrd style shading it's definitely this style of game.

Man that would look nice

FirstAidKite posted:

Someone posted some conference video where the devs on the game were talking about what they did and it seemed to my untrained eye like they were doing a lot of fiddling to get everything to look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how do you pronounce "xrd"

• Locked thread