Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

80s James Hetfield posted:

That would make it even better TBH.

Gearhulking into a Bolt would be extremely cool and fun

It would be
1 - powerless and irrelevant
or
2 - annoying and oppressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lightning Bolt being oppressive is a thing I never thought I'd hear about standard ever again.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Tales of Woe posted:

They're not putting loving lightning bolt in Standard in 2017, please stop setting yourself up for disappointment.

People were saying this in 2009 too. That said, definitely not while Shock is still in Standard.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's okay, they'll put in Counterspell to balance it out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Who needs Hour of Devastation spoilers when you could get some Ixalan spoilers

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sorcerous Spyglass is a pretty neat pithing needle

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

1-loyalty walker, some sort of "target player draws 7 cards", Gold tokens, checklands, 2-mana Pithing Needle-ish, interesting-looking enchantment, Coat of Arms-ish, and Looter il-Kor?

That black card to the side is a mythic, right?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Angry Grimace posted:

Neat. That walker appears to be Jace, and the ultimate puts copies of him onto the board

e: Also I'm p sure he's 3 loyalty, not 1

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Serperoth posted:

1-loyalty walker, some sort of "target player draws 7 cards", Gold tokens, checklands, 2-mana Pithing Needle-ish, interesting-looking enchantment, Coat of Arms-ish, and Looter il-Kor?

That black card to the side is a mythic, right?

That's a 3, not a 1. That's a Jace, ________; the ultimate appears to make more Jaces without a Planeswalker type.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Holy poo poo, someone is going to get in a shitload of trouble for this. This is the biggest leak since the Godbook, right?

As in, the biggest deal.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

TheChirurgeon posted:

Neat. That walker appears to be Jace, and the ultimate puts copies of him onto the board

e: Also I'm p sure he's 3 loyalty, not 1

Jace ____________ Castaway? Pirate set ahoy!

Also if that draw seven is an instant, prepare for torrential gear hulk to spike yet again

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 15, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elyv posted:

Sorcerous Spyglass is a pretty neat pithing needle

you know what seems fun? T2 cast spyglass, see their hand, name a fetch in it

it's basically a better sinkhole amirite

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

those cards look quite good for tribal decks

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Some Numbers posted:

Holy poo poo, someone is going to get in a shitload of trouble for this. This is the biggest leak since the Godbook, right?

As in, the biggest deal.

It's a picture of an uncut foil sheet, so someone had access to it.

Also, countdown to people complaining that Amonkhet Ixalan is a ripoff of Yu-Gi-Oh! Pirates of the Caribbean.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Someone is gonna be fired....

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
That hasty lotus petal maker is pretty cool

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The reason they switched Gold to Treasure is probably so you can't double dip on Improvise.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Lannery Storm has to be in the top 10 of worst names

Artifact Treasure tokens though!

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Star Man posted:

It's a picture of an uncut foil sheet, so someone had access to it.

Also, countdown to people complaining that Amonkhet Ixalan is a ripoff of Yu-Gi-Oh! Pirates of the Caribbean.

The copy in the announcement made me think it's Uncharted: The set.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

As in, the biggest deal.

In Oath of the Gatewatch someone leaked Kozilek mega-early and every other relevant mythic well before spoiler season.

This is hugely far ahead though.

Lannery Storm has to be in the top 10 of worst names

Artifact Treasure tokens though!

Fight me.

This is the END for you, you gutter crawling cur!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Is Trick Jarrett still around to yell at the community for WOTC's leak problem?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
At least checklands are back, they were one of my favorite standard lands.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Core set pro tour is team of three event. Pro tours are not going to necessarily be two weeks after set release starting after Ixalan. It's a small announcement today.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sickening posted:

At least checklands are back, they were one of my favorite standard lands.

They're up there with Shocklands as the best available Standard fixing you can get. Most of the time I'd consider them better than fetchlands because they don't cost life and they fix multiple colors at once while almost always being untapped.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Retromancer posted:

The copy in the announcement made me think it's Uncharted: The set.

Come on.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Leaks are cool, spoil the whole drat set. I think that Jace has Castaway in the name. I wonder if at the end of Devastation Bolas kicks the GW's rear end and sends each of them across the verse to different worlds

Mono Red Pirate Aggro sounds amazing.

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Angry Grimace posted:

They're up there with Shocklands as the best available Standard fixing you can get. Most of the time I'd consider them better than fetchlands because they don't cost life and they fix multiple colors at once while almost always being untapped.

What was nice about the ALA/ZEN and ZEN/SOM Standard seasons was having both fetchlands and checklands around.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Is Trick Jarrett still around to yell at the community for WOTC's leak problem?

And this time he doesn't have Helene Bergeot around to fix his bungled statement

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

What's with "choose any card name" on Spyglass vs. "name a card" on Needle? Just a new way of wording it?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lmao someone is getting in so much trouble for this

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Leaks are cool, spoil the whole drat set. I think that Jace has Castaway in the name. I wonder if at the end of Devastation Vilas kicks the GW's rear end and sends each of them across the verse to different worlds

Mono Red Pirate Aggro sounds amazing.

I want a set where Jace spends the entire time talking to a clue token

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It makes me laugh how there are still people skeptical of these leaks as though you could fake 9 foil pirate cards less than 24 hours after they revealed that Ixalan is a pirate set.

Star Man posted:

What was nice about the ALA/ZEN and ZEN/SOM Standard seasons was having both fetchlands and checklands around.

Checklands with Shocklands was similarly ridiculous.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Angry Grimace posted:

Checklands with Shocklands was similarly ridiculous.

It was beautiful, because for INN/RTR we had all ten pairs for checklands available.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

I want a set where Jace spends the entire time talking to a clue token

That was SoI, where Jace "investigated" by doing exactly what Tamiyo's journal said to do

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That looks like the typical planned leak that's either dark or blurry to get people excited for an upcoming product.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Angry Grimace posted:

In Oath of the Gatewatch someone leaked Kozilek mega-early and every other relevant mythic well before spoiler season.

This is hugely far ahead though.

That's what I mean. This feels way further in advance than the Oath spoilers and much closer to the god book.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

no set mechanics on that leak other than the treasure token, but there's 2 creature type matters rares so there's likely a tribal component.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
WotC wouldn't do a planned leak for Ixalan the day before Hour of Devastation spoilers start.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

That looks like the typical planned leak that's either dark or blurry to get people excited for an upcoming product.

lol theres no way they intentionally leak stuff from the fall set the day before the previews for the summer set start. this just looks like someone who works at the printer sneaking a cellphone pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

odiv posted:

What's with "choose any card name" on Spyglass vs. "name a card" on Needle? Just a new way of wording it?

Probably to make it clear you don't have to name a card that's in their hand.