Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

syscall girl posted:

The federation gets annoyed by that because it's like telling the US that Vietnam wasn't a police action, that we aren't peace-keeping in Afghanistan. The feds are maintaining an expire of ideas. They don't hold systems but they hold up the prime directive, by force if necessary. And it's usually necessary.

The fact that their exploratory vessels while less armed and armored than they could be still outclass everything but the second-galaxy (Romulans, Klingons, later Cardies and a bunch more) is evidence that they're using other cultures for their proxy wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what episode is this

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I asked because I literally didn't know if dragon's were a major part of it. My entire GoT.txt compendium of information I have in my head is " Peter Dinklage, naked ladies, red wedding, HODOR"

You are missing nothing. Aside from the best costuming you'll see in any soap opera.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think most viewers like the dragons in Game of Thrones? Like people only seem into the Daenerys stuff because of the dragons.

The show would be a lot better if it was about Greyjoy Krakens though.

And also was only about Theon.

And was just a show about Alfie Allen going on adventures with his Kraken friend. That can talk.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

As a BBC series.

The only options are to either include Vin Diesel or walk blindfolded and naked into the Tomb of Horrors.

I hope they adapt Expedition to Barrier Peak. MTV's Shannara series is really slow getting to the robots vs druid fight.

The toyline have at least one more dragon robot, and one devil robot made out of several dragon-like robots.

Beast Machines and the Japanese Robots in Disguise line already had great dragons and demon transformers, how did they gently caress this up this badly?

Really upset I can't find pictures of the two dragons kissing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snowman_McK posted:

You are missing nothing. Aside from the best costuming you'll see in any soap opera.

Well I'm missing the naked ladies

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I thought Norton and the director mostly got along but they both fought with the studio a lot over final cut.

The two things with Norton were that he strong-armed Marvel into allowing him to rewrite the entire script (which caused some difficulties on the set, as he continued to rewrite it throughout shooting), and then both he and Leterrier fought for a much longer cut of the movie. As a result, both of them were basically blackballed from Marvel the minute the movie came out.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Timby posted:

The two things with Norton were that he strong-armed Marvel into allowing him to rewrite the entire script (which caused some difficulties on the set, as he continued to rewrite it throughout shooting), and then both he and Leterrier fought for a much longer cut of the movie. As a result, both of them were basically blackballed from Marvel the minute the movie came out.

Why does anyone ever think this is a good idea.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just got back from seeing It Comes at Night. Only other people in the theater were three high schoolers who clearly were not impressed. I thought it was quite good - very atmospheric, great at ratcheting up the tension with webs of paranoia, hypocrisy, jealousy, questions never fully answered satisfactorily, nightmares that you're not quite sure the kid has woken up for, things that might or might not be there due to the camera angle, that the characters might or might not have seen. It reminds me of a mix of 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Road, the early Chris Pine vehicle Carriers, and a bit of Blair Witch Project. I'm really surprised it's apparently gotten such a negative reception.

Timby posted:

As I recall, before he re-wrote the script, wasn't it a direct sequel to the Ang Lee Hulk?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm really surprised it's apparently gotten such a negative reception.

I think it's because it was marketed as more of a horror movie, so when it wasn't really a horror movie (albeit still a very tense movie), I can see people getting a bit disappointed that there's no monster besides man.

It's too bad Edward Norton is such an (alleged) cockhead to work with, since he's usually very good in the movies he is in.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well I'm missing the naked ladies

There are other places to see those. Let me tell you of the wonders of the internet.

Timby posted:

Ths actually had a measureable impact on their ability to market it. I remember there being a lot of speculation on why there was no trailer for so long.

Neo Rasa posted:

It's not a huge deal on the sort of small character dramas Norton is probably a bit more familiar with, and even big movies have on set re-writes (X2 had individual lines being rewritten as they didn't work on set, apparently 'the next time you want to show off, don't' was one of them) but if the people doing it aren't familiar with how bigger movies get shot, it probably gets pretty loving annoying, especially if it screwed up a shot with multiple extras, pyrotechnics, and bits being shot for the SFX team in mind.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Beast Machines and the Japanese Robots in Disguise line already had great dragons and demon transformers, how did they gently caress this up this badly?

Really upset I can't find pictures of the two dragons kissing.

Dragonstorm looks cool though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JDMorgan/status/875192237298208768

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I hope that Rampage promotional material consists entirely of those three standing in front of various devastated backdrops.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Gorilla, wolfman, lizzy?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope that Rampage promotional material consists entirely of those three standing in front of various devastated backdrops.

Also they have to be naked

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neo Rasa posted:

Because sometimes it is. There's a bunch of lovely movies from around 2009 because there was a writers strike so they were shooting films off old scripts and they couldn't hire proper writers to fix the script. I'm not accusing Ed Norton or the director of Incredible Hulk of being proper writers though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

syscall girl posted:

Also they have to be naked

Chris Pine did a perfect 'shuffle sideways while naked with your hands covering your junk" move in Wonder Woman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
So the first short "Rakka" from Neil Blomkamp's Oats Studios went up on Youtube and Steam.

It's... alright, I guess? A nice piece of very bleak sci-fi with good effects work and body horror. Still not entirely sure how this works, I guess you'll be able to pay by episode, and on Steam buy additional things sort of like DVD extras. I like the idea of moviemakers bypassing restrictive studios and producers, but right now I feel like I could take or leave whatever they put out next.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Caught the Blade Runner trailer before Wonder Woman tonight, and here I had just assumed it was forever stuck in development hell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
Looks bizarre, I'm down.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Neo Rasa posted:

The Outlaw Joesy Wales is a great movie

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Book of Life 2 is a go!

https://variety.com/2017/film/festivals/annecy-reelfx-jorge-gutierrez-the-book-of-life-2-1202466961/

:dance:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Book of Life 2 is a go!

lol I got confused with Tree of Life and thought well there's a hard-sell of a sequel :o:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I got confused with Tree of Life and thought well there's a hard-sell of a sequel :o:

I kinda feel like all of Malick's subsequent movies have basically been Tree of Life sequels

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Blomkamp's first short film is out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ2t_yNHQs

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This is proof-of-concept for a bigger film right? The visuals were wild but it felt like the opening of a longer story, not a whole short story itself.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

I'm still so disappointed in The Book of Life. Great concept, beautiful art/design, and then they just blew it with the music (for me at least). As soon as you have the main character in your historical-fantastic Dia de Los Muertos fable bust out an acoustic cover of "Creep", I'm out. I'm glad it's successful enough to get a sequel, but I don't know if I'm up for more of that.

Kung Fu Space Punch, on the other hand, sounds like something I want to know more about.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I honestly don't know. I think he just wants to make the stuff he wants to make and not have to deal with studios, short-form long-form, whatever.

The 3d Assets, sound effects, and other stuff are on sale on Steam for $4.99 as DLC so that's some cash flow I guess? :shrug:

I liked Rakka a lot, and it could easily be expanded if he decided to. A lot like Jo'Berg became District 9.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pierson posted:

This is proof-of-concept for a bigger film right? The visuals were wild but it felt like the opening of a longer story, not a whole short story itself.

Pretty sure that's only, like, the first episode. There's a trailer with a bunch of footage that wasn't in that video and Dakota Fanning, so there's probably more coming.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was on an all-night youtube binge and I happened across that Blomkamp thing not knowing it was in production. I dig it a lot. I didn't even realize it was Blomkamp until the credits rolled, although sigourney weaver showing up should have told me it wasn't some random shoe-string budget short film.

It teases a lot of lore and they're selling steam assets to fund it further, so i'm wondering if they want to make a game with enough money.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, I'm gonna make a guess about Rakka now the lizard guys aren't actually the villains, the black goo is sentient and controlling them.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I guess there is a Duke Nukem/Borderlands cinematic universe coming from Gearbox Software?

quote:

We’ve been developing scripts and the strategy that we’re on right now is, that it’s obviously all in the Borderlands universe, but rather than retell the stories that were in the game, we’ll create new stories so the films will have their own film canon. We’ll use all the characters and scenarios, it’s similar to what Marvel is doing. You can’t read any particular film plot in a comic book but there’s a lot of the characters, themes, and, in fact, some of the situations are represented. [...]

We’re working on [Duke Nukem]! I can’t announce it but it’s blown my mind, there’s been a lot of production companies that have come at us. We’re putting together a deal right now with a major motion picture studio; I’ll tell you off the record if you want to know. It’s the exact right people that should be doing a Duke Nukem film and we’ll see what happens. It’s unbelievable, I think that’s very likely to be a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SqEFk7qjs

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
the only part that didn't quite work was towards the end where the slo mo starts after the guy gets mind controlled..

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Duke Nukem Forever the Movie

Starring the Olsen Twins

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

I guess there is a Duke Nukem/Borderlands cinematic universe coming from Gearbox Software?

Oh neat, Duke Nukem can get trapped in a new kind of development hell.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Barudak posted:

Oh neat, Duke Nukem can get trapped in a new kind of development hell.

a new "permabanned until" text

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

Who anywhere wanted a Borderlands movie?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Who anywhere wanted a Borderlands movie?

The guys at Gearbox?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
can't wait for the Claptrap spin-off set in the '80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I know that the whole meme-heavy joke laden thing doesn't jive here at all but people really do like borderlands and would probably pay for a ticket to its movie(s)

• Locked thread