Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

who the heck pays for consultants

who even wants a consultant other than idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
they're international consultants. they have no conscience, no empathy. we can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did yanukovich hire every single american political advisor

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Got to corner the market.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

zegermans posted:

Went back to the photos on the old Metro East for Bernie Facebook group to see if our favorite patriot was at the Edwardsville meeting I went to almost two years ago. I can't find him, sadly -

AV cert for the person who can find me

Guy in the table near the center seated with three women, the only person looking away from the camera.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Concerned Citizen posted:

they're international consultants. they have no conscience, no empathy. we can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So the Atlantic is holding a completely useless effort about nationalism and populism

https://www.facebook.com/events/1371501972903333/?ti=as

Jeffery loving Goldberg, yeah I'm sure he'll habe a lot of interesting informative poo poo to add

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Which ones your wife zergperson

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Shear Modulus posted:

did yanukovich hire every single american political advisor

i was thinking the same thing. nice little cottage industry putin funded over there.

Serf
May 5, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

ToryPedophile.jpg

i figured out what i don't like about this guy

he's got the innsmouth look

fear the scions of y'ha-nthlei

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hillary derangement syndrome is very real

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

man it really is weird how the new york times keeps attacking sanders

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
nytimes is firmly in the category of fake news

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

they are and always have been trash, op

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

so what paper should I read for good and correct opinions

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm sorry but you're not allowed to write any article about bernie sanders that isn't exclusively about how his objectively correct policies are growing more popular

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
engagement with brands! I'm lovin' it

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/875385249676578816

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

read? paper?

it's 2017, u should be asking "what podcasts have the good and correct opinions?":smug:

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

UHD posted:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/issue/by-taking-power

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/alanferrier/status/873826735300763648

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

UHD posted:

Do not read newspapers for opinion writing, and read all newspapers critically.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jacobin is not a newspaper and does not publish original reporting. It is babby's first left wing journal.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i'm sorry but you're not allowed to write any article about bernie sanders that isn't exclusively about how his objectively correct policies are growing more popular

It is kind of weird and inexplicable that Joy Reid could continue indulging her unhealthy fixation on Bernard Brothers for this long with the full blessing of the Gray Lady without someone else who works there going "hey maybe cut it out" by now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

follow journos who do good work on twitter and get the raw newstory injected into your taint directly

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid posted:

Jacobin is not a newspaper and does not publish original reporting. It is babby's first left wing journal.

It's paper and it has good opinions written on it. unlike newspapers

another option: https://www.propublica.org/

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

loquacius posted:

It is kind of weird and inexplicable that Joy Reid could continue indulging her unhealthy fixation on Bernard Brothers for this long with the full blessing of the Grey Lady without someone else who works there going "hey maybe cut it out" by now

joy reid is from msnbc

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

read all newspapers critically.

this is really the key. assume everything you read is biased, since it probably is, and figure out how

sometimes the NYT/WaPo centrist bias is useful, like when they endlessly dump on Trump, but during the dem primary it was almost entirely tedious and awful

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

UHD posted:

http://www.workers.org/

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

NewForumSoftware posted:

It's paper and it has good opinions written on it. unlike newspapers

another option: https://www.propublica.org/

It's not a newspaper, sorry. It's a good journal, i have subscribed for years, but it is not a substitute for a newspaper and many of its online pieces suck.

Propublica does good work. Another group that funds good articles and partners with other publications is the Economic Hardship Reporting Project.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is really the key. assume everything you read is biased, since it probably is, and figure out how

sometimes the NYT/WaPo centrist bias is useful, like when they endlessly dump on Trump, but during the dem primary it was almost entirely tedious and awful
they're terrible even when dumping on trump because they are going full on russian hysteria w/ no evidence

there are many more legitimate ways to attack trump and not give him credence if the russian hysteria ends up falling apart

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

the bitcoin of weed posted:

sometimes the NYT/WaPo centrist bias is useful, like when they endlessly dump on Trump

yeah it's awesome that they've brought the daily show into paper form

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

agreed, op

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

they literally published a smear article trying to tie sanders and his supporters to the shooter

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

comedyblissoption posted:

they literally published an article trying to tie sanders and his supporters to the shooter

something that has absolutely never happened to any other politician

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid posted:

it is not a substitute for a newspaper

good because newspapers are uniformly garbage

the world would be a better place without the 24 hour news cycle funneling garbage into our brains 24/7

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Senator Sanders, your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Isn't that a serious safety risk to both the engineers and the surrounding population?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

they literally published a smear article trying to tie sanders and his supporters to the shooter

i'll be curious if cowsbreak returns after his probe or if he died in a baseball diamond.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I feel like it's not too hard to tie at least one Sanders supporter to the shooter

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

um

is it common for campaigns to be tied to shooters cc (or allegedly so)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

well yah. i'm just pointing out the new york times deserves the same level of respect as a cumrag.

• Locked thread