Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

"Warriors Expected To Decline Possible White House Invitation" is the headline on RealGM, Trump should be smart and not invite them.

Either way this goes, it's going to ruin the NBA part of the internet for like two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

zoux posted:

Either way this goes, it's going to ruin the NBA part of the internet for like two weeks.

NBA twitter is already pretty bad before 6 PM or so

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ammanas posted:

Relocation fees plus... Who the gently caress leaves LA for Seattle, even as second fiddle? Maybe in a few years if the franchise is cratering/the stadium deal sucks/Seattle is tossing $750 million at him

Imagine the luxury box opportunities in LA vs Seattle. Forget ticket sales, that's small potatoes.

Isn't Seattle gonna become the next Bay Area pretty soon in terms of home prices? Pretty sure there will be plenty of tech companies that would but luxury boxes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

E2M2 posted:

Isn't Seattle gonna become the next Bay Area pretty soon in terms of home prices? Pretty sure there will be plenty of tech companies that would but luxury boxes

Nah that's Austin and it's already real bad.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

E2M2 posted:

Everything on the West Coast is absurd at this point.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I like that a $120k salary in the bay is equivalent to like a $60k salary in my area in terms of cost of living.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Oh, my bad. I meant $42k.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

They should go to Labour HQ and meet with Jezza

This would rule so hard.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Kibner posted:

Oh, my bad. I meant $42k.

Oh wow a suburb of Baton Rouge is significantly cheaper to live in than San Francisco, do you have any other hard-hitting news for us?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

What did Jerry West do for the Warriors exactly?

Helped with roster construction, most importantly was a factor in getting Durant. (Though the official story of Durant coming to the Warriors has changed a few times now.)

Here is some spicy old NBA gossip. Someone I know from college knows Norm Nixon very well. He is so bitter he got booted from the Lakers that he still tells people in private Magic is gay and that's how he got aids.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Hmm lively culture, gorgeous landscapes and a near perfect climate vs shrimps and God's rear end in a top hat of a climate

Gosh I wonder why folks want to live in SF so much

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

San Francisco smells like piss

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ammanas posted:

Hmm lively culture, gorgeous landscapes and a near perfect climate vs shrimps and God's rear end in a top hat of a climate

If you don't think Louisiana has lively culture, you don't know what you're talking about.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
two men whose careers were ended early by the shrieking sexual puritanism of the early 90s media, neat

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

It was MetroPCS.

haha it's true it was.

I'll be honest it was filed it was filed in my head under "off-brand hood phone" rather than one company specific, which might be odd because MetroPCS is my provider because their lil store is the closest phone store to my house and I didn't want to walk far if I had physical hardware issues. I do feel like they steal from me slightly less egregiously than some of my previous large providers like Verizon used to.

I think the point about the commercial being too embarrassing to upload stands tho'. I'd been searching for generic Deron commercials, not looking for the brand.

euphronius posted:

Still think he sandbagged the one bos loss to motivate his teammates .

I believe it and I think the massive disparity in the gamescores and the apparent deliberate-ness of his play otherwise supports your assertion.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2017/#all_pgl_basic_playoffs

3.6 vs 20-35 every other game. Watching him power through the Warriors in Q4 of game 5 is what LeBron looks like when he's trying.

Mr. Mambold posted:

As an official old person my hot take- pause, ok we know old people have lukewarm takes at best because- Chuck the Condor needs to go Old School with a long Z Z Top beard and a toy lawnmower that he pushes maniacally around during timeouts and then vaults over the mower handle, does a 360 in the air, splits his pants into 2 pieces, which then fall around his ankles, and slams a ball into the net......kind of like I did on that tricked out BSA 35 years ago, except there was no basketball, no net, and I was going maybe 40mph...bonus points if he wipes out a newly planted tree.

lol

GOOD Blow the Whistle is the best Bay Area anthem* even though a rapper's best song isn't supposed to be off his year 20 mildly successful comeback tour album
(*Narrowly edging out 93 Til Infinity, whose importance is temporarily diminished by recent use in a hilariously ironic Paul George Gatorade Commercial, and I Got 5 On It. E40 was always kinda lame, and Tupac wasn't Bay Area he was a NYC drama school kid and Andre Nickatina barely made anthems)

Noctone posted:

Oh wow a suburb of Baton Rouge is significantly cheaper to live in than San Francisco, do you have any other hard-hitting news for us?

He was participating in an ongoing discussion and reinforcing his example with statistics ! I like when people do that!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Ammanas posted:

This may be the dumbest thing that I've read this morning.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

NYC has no landscape, has like four days of good weather a year and then is either way too loving hot or wet and freezing, outside of Plain Slices we got barely anything in the way of food culture (unless you're rich) and we also have a massive pricing issues but we blame it on our landlords, it's nothing to get defensive about.

Landlords becoming disgustingly wealthy by raising the cost of living for everyone is a grand NY tradition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jacob_Astor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Rensselaer_(family)

edit:

Space Camp fuckup posted:

San Francisco smells like piss
We definitely have the edge on SF in this department. Everywhere in NYC smells like piss, and whenever they do any sewer repair there will be many-block-radius areas that reek of nothing but human waste. This might also lend to that lack of food culture thing.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 15, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Shrimps, kudzu, racism and a delight in humidity is not culture

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ammanas posted:

bwaaah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ammanas posted:

I was wrong. This is actually the dumbest thing that I've read this morning.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ammanas posted:

Stop sniffing your own farts and travel around the country more.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

It was MetroPCS.

lmao

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Stop sniffing your own farts and travel around the country more.

He's probably too busy developing his revolutionary app.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This derail is bad.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Sports Argument Stadium > NBA Offseason 2017-18 G/V: Stop sniffing your own farts and travel around the country more.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

We have so long to go still

Metapod posted:

Just wait he's about to say Californians don't have accents and there's no racism in San Francisco

Racism is everywhere friend, socal has nation-leading hate groups (Bakersfield and Orange County are basically the American south) and CA has some real bad white folk accents. My app is a fart detecting app so you can sniff em, I have VC backing for 3 million bux

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 15, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Just wait he's about to say Californians don't have accents and there's no racism in San Francisco

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hand Knit posted:

This derail is bad.

Not as bad as the thread title not being "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ammanas posted:

We have so long to go still

Especially if you keep posting.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That wouldn't make your previous statement wrong unless you're experiencing this morning as single event instead of traveling through time linearly like the rest of us

are you aware of future events?

please redgrendel can you tell me if the Knicks blow their pick this year I have to know :{

Cool Buff Man posted:

... thread title ... "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst"

this is my driving purpose and I will lie cheat and steal to make it happen

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 15, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Goddammit Ammanas I was just trying to call out empty stats why you gotta take this down a douchey path.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

mod rename yourself to ian sjumpert then change the title

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Cool Buff Man posted:

Then that must be pretty bad because this derail is horrible.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Hand Knit posted:

Then that must be pretty bad because this derail is horrible.

It is really bad! Can you please change the thread title to "Is Ian Sjumpert the worst" it's the defining post of the last several months

edit: no question mark

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 15, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

no it should be 'Ian Sjumpert is the worst'

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Culture to me is admiring some artisan graffiti on a dilapidated apartment building while I eat my sushirito.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
why would you attack NOL seafood when sf has the same crap but 10x more expensive. those wharf prices were disgusting.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Ian Sjumpert isn't the worst; he's the next Prime Minister of Sweden.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

make a markov bot mod, feed it taes posts, have it change the thread title every 2 weeks tia

• Locked thread