Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sinteres posted:

Is there any reason to be melee dps in pvp anymore?

You get the melee lb and presumably different abilities! Wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Sinteres posted:

Is there any reason to be melee dps in pvp anymore?

You get to show the world that you're not a coward

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I realize that as their audience also encompasses countries that do not use a western alphabet, they couldn't go on to E or F without actually risking that someone wouldn't know what E or F was.

But it would have amused me greatly if they had gone A B X Y L R.

I guess this way lets you set up complicated strategies for PF groups where you can tell people to run to different spots by symbol or color (now that we have two reds and two yellows). That's the only thing I can think of

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm really confused by Thundercloud in Stormblood because it seems that both Thunder 1 and Thunder 2 treat the proc chance as 10% but Thunder 4 treats the proc chance as 3%. Are they mining the old Thunder 2 tooltip there or something?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ferrinus posted:

I'm really confused by Thundercloud in Stormblood because it seems that both Thunder 1 and Thunder 2 treat the proc chance as 10% but Thunder 4 treats the proc chance as 3%. Are they mining the old Thunder 2 tooltip there or something?

Most likely. That or the reduced proc chance is to make up for having Flare and Foul in your aoe kit later

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't know why they bothered to release a preliminary when they're doing the full notes on the same day

Tradition/keep people off their backs for a few hours.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So, the only new crafting/gathering scrips, Yellow ones, will have no weekly cap. The notes don't mention the future addition of a different color. Is this similar to how Blue and Red scrips were initially handled, or does it seem like they might just not be interested in the weekly caps for DoH/DoL this time around?

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

If I was a betting man, I'd say there'll be another scrip with a cap released alongside capped tomestones.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Am I to understand the game is unavailable until tomorrow morning?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Am I to understand the game is unavailable until tomorrow morning?

yessir.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
"A mini-aetheryte for Sapphire Avenue Exchange has been added in Ul'dah (X:13.8 Y:10.6)."

Oh my GOD

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ouhei posted:

yessir.

Bleh.. I won't be able to play until Sunday then.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
That potd change SUCKS, drat.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What change? You still learn all you job skills, you just can't learn or set role actions.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thumbtacks posted:

The role actions thing? :confused:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

..its just role skills, it's not really much different then things are before with cross-class skills.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Thumbtacks posted:

It's really not that big a deal

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

With the full 100% exp bonus to 50->60 EXP, how many POTDs will it take to do that level range? :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh wait am i misunderstanding what that means

i assumed it meant if you're level 20 outside potd, inside you can only access skills up to level 20, which would mean the 51+ floors are going to be super garbage

am i misunderstanding what role actions are

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thumbtacks posted:

oh wait am i misunderstanding what that means

i assumed it meant if you're level 20 outside potd, inside you can only access skills up to level 20, which would mean the 51+ floors are going to be super garbage

am i misunderstanding what role actions are

Completely. Role actions are not class/job actions.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Role actions are the 5ish abilities that you pick that are shared between jobs. Your class and job skills will work the same in potd as they do now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Martman posted:

So, the only new crafting/gathering scrips, Yellow ones, will have no weekly cap. The notes don't mention the future addition of a different color. Is this similar to how Blue and Red scrips were initially handled, or does it seem like they might just not be interested in the weekly caps for DoH/DoL this time around?

I think they said in one of the media events that they're just flat-out not doing scrip caps anymore. Though I guess they could change their mind.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh that makes WAY more sense, lmao

Oxyclean posted:

With the full 100% exp bonus to 50->60 EXP, how many POTDs will it take to do that level range? :v:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
These patch notes have me so super excited, oh my goodness gracious.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do we know if the 50-59 exp required were changed?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Do we know if the 50-59 exp required were changed?

I can't imagine why it would be, but they did mention that Armory bonus is going up to 100% until 60.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

oh that makes WAY more sense, lmao

Is there a spreadsheet for 1-49 too?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's two 51-60 runs per level from 1-50, i could be wrong though

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

GIVE IN TO THE HUNGER
GIVE IN TO THE HUNGER
LET PASSION RUN WILD

You don't have to tell me twice, Soken. This ost is loving lit.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is that for the new primals? Link please friend

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

We Bollywood now.
https://my.mixtape.moe/txlgvx.ogg

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gonna love the music in this expansion

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can someone repost the patch notes? Too lazy to go back and look myself (or google)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SirPhoebos posted:

Can someone repost the patch notes? Too lazy to go back and look myself (or google)

SirPhoebos... there are no patch notes. Final Fantasy XIV has been offline for years.

You've just awoken from a coma.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SirPhoebos posted:

-Babies don't start strapped with a knife.
-Stopped vampires from pinning their crimes on babies and children.
-Stopped zombie cats from adopting dwarves.
-Stopped ghosts from maintaining secret identities.
-Stopped dwarves from trying to clean their own missing or internal body parts.
-Made strangulation take less time.
-Demons masquerading as gods will try a little harder.
-Adjusted value of bees

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/50c65a5ac10627bd169e2d5638b5ecc7677a55bf

wow 4% exp instead of 3%? this loving pay to win garbage right here

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Hearing new music kick in at the appropriate time is one of my favorite parts of new content, listening to it ahead of time is an act of pure madness. Madness!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

-Adjusted value of bees

More Amdapor nerfs??

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Onslaught
Rushes target and delivers an attack with a potency of 100.
Additional Effect: Increased enmity
Beast Gauge Cost: 20
Can only be executed while under the effect of Defiance or Deliverance.
Cannot be executed while bound.

Upheaval:
Delivers an attack with a potency of 300.
Potency decreases as own HP decreases. Potency also affected by maximum HP-increasing effects granted to self.
Can only be executed while under the effect of Defiance or Deliverance
Ignores the damage penalty inflicted by Defiance.

Shake It Off
Removes most all detrimental effects.
Can be executed while under the effect of action-inhibiting statuses.

Internal Release
Halves Beast Gauge costs and nullifies Stun, Sleep, Bind, Heavy, knockback, and draw-in effects.
Duration: 20s
Can only be executed while under the effect of Deliverance. Effect is canceled if Deliverance ends.
Shares a recast timer with Unchained.

1) Here's hoping that Beast Gauge state doesn't zero out when zoning into stuff.
2) If it doesn't, "REMEMBER TO KILL SOME poo poo BEFORE WE QUEUE"
3) Upheaval sounds like it increases in damage with regard to the HP increase given by Defiance and maybe Thrill of Battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That's pretty much guaranteed to be the Lakshmi music, right? I am down for Bollywood Sharon Apple fight.

• Locked thread