Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I mean, it was just them joking around and touring E3 and sometimes a fan comes up and talks to them and gets a picture with them. It wasn't bad at all.

Yeah, they were both super gracious and humble...unfortunately it didn't really make for a very entertaining stream. They definitely didn't expect to be recognized as often as they were and said as much near the end of the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

The fact that they started off with only occasional people coming up to them and ended barely able to move two steps without someone wanting a photo implies people were hunting them down from the stream, I bet that's the last time they try that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TAZ is out, and this is the next to last Stolen Century.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I dunno, I thought the livestream was fun. It was like going on a tiny adventure with the car boys.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Organza Quiz posted:

The fact that they started off with only occasional people coming up to them and ended barely able to move two steps without someone wanting a photo implies people were hunting them down from the stream, I bet that's the last time they try that.

The did the exact same stream tour thing last year and it was definitely a stark difference. There was a lot of wide open spaces and empty corridors, and I don't think a single person ever interrupted them. Opening E3 up to the public is a big move, although I don't know if it's necessarily a great idea or enough to revitalize the conference.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Hargrimm posted:

The did the exact same stream tour thing last year and it was definitely a stark difference. There was a lot of wide open spaces and empty corridors, and I don't think a single person ever interrupted them. Opening E3 up to the public is a big move, although I don't know if it's necessarily a great idea or enough to revitalize the conference.

They weren't Car Boys last year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah someone brought them a wrapped gift with a card, so I think they were getting stream sniped.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Waffleman_ posted:

TAZ is out, and this is the next to last Stolen Century.

Stolen century's gotten real boring.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Stolen Century is really cool and it's been fun seeing the crew relationships actually exist and get detailed.

Cause lord knows The red robe, the Director, and Davenport were barely people until fairly recently.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Stolen century's gotten real boring.

Agreed. and this episode is especially bad.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

djnkro posted:

Agreed. and this episode is especially bad.

I sometimes wonder if I'm listening to a different podcast that other people in this thread.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

A Long Way Down posted:

I sometimes wonder if I'm listening to a different podcast that other people in this thread.

I miss the interaction between the PCs a lot, but there have been some big emotional moments in Stolen Century that I loved. Merle dying with his congregation, for instance.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Long Way Down posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I haven't had a chance to to finish it yet but I loved the trial stuff and Lucretia's bit.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I felt like the big thing this episode kinda came out of nowhere just because it had to happen and Griffin had to squeeze it in somewhere.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just started listening to the stolen century arc today. The first episode has been OK so far, but after the big ramp up during the last lunar interlude it is a bit of a swing hype-wise.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I liked this episode, to be honest.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
At this episode I've started getting really psyched for the boys to step back into their high level characters as if they're putting on mech suits. Griffin is doing really well at building up this exasperation and frustration and hatred towards the hunger. When the guys snap back to real time where they're backed into a corner with the hunger staring them down and remember their godlike abilities, it's gonna be fireworks.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRv5aWSIMM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stolen Century is great because it's letting them really flesh out the emotional bonds between all these people without a cumbersome system.
The full Worlds system is excellent for faster and looser play styles that the McElroy's enjoy.

Lup's Best Day killed me. I loved it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I was really tickled by Justin's hasty reorganizing of Lup's Best Day, and I'm really curious what the DMV scene would have been if the world still had people on it like he thought.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I kept thinking "How does Lup's Best Day not involve sex, and this is going to bad places", and so was relieved to find out that she'd already had a Lup's Best Day with Barry.

smore of babylon
Apr 20, 2016

constantly attacked by giant snails

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I kept thinking "How does Lup's Best Day not involve sex, and this is going to bad places", and so was relieved to find out that she'd already had a Lup's Best Day with Barry.

I thought the same thing. Actually, I kinda wondered if, practically speaking, the knowledge that she and her lover were both going to be immortal beings of power wouldn't maybe make them both a little more inclined to lose their minds and run off and bang for all eternity. Obviously it didn't happen, but like, if you gave me the opportunity to be a lich with the true love of my life, I can't guarantee I wouldn't.

Impulsive, pre-Julia Magnus is both hilarious and frustrating. Go spend some time as a statue, ya doof. Think about what you've done.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Now I'm imagining an alternate scenario where everyone else made it out of the trial just fine, and Magnus comes back to find a statue of himself with "IDIOT" carved into the base.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

A Long Way Down posted:

I felt the same way until this episode. It really showcased what makes me dislike the show. Griffin has a story to tell, interaction be damned. And death has no consequence, we know the outcome, so becoming a lich is pretty meaningless.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I just want to get back to the moon fight so we can hear THB lose their poo poo when Ango finally drops his shapeshift.

Ojjeorago fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 16, 2017

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
McElroy-adjacent content. All he's missing is "great job!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv8wqnk_TsA

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ariong posted:

Now I'm imagining an alternate scenario where everyone else made it out of the trial just fine, and Magnus comes back to find a statue of himself with "IDIOT" carved into the base.

I bet he would love that statue and probably keep it in his room. It'd be a Hell of a conversation starter if nothing else: "oh that? Yeah that statue if actually my old body, I died trying to fight four all powerful statue Gods in another dimension."

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

I was really tickled by Justin's hasty reorganizing of Lup's Best Day, and I'm really curious what the DMV scene would have been if the world still had people on it like he thought.

I think he came up with the DMV idea once he realized that there weren't any people, and that they could take advantage of that fact and smash things without consequences.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
This latest episode was real good and I enjoyed it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Was anybody paying attention to the sort of things each individual statue god was saying? I assumed each one had some sort of attribute like Justice and Mercy or something like that and I tried to parse out what they could be based on their dialogue, but I had trouble remembering who was saying what.

Or maybe he said as much and I just missed it?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
$10 says the judge's Devine Providence was somehow gained by being consumed by the hunger, which is why their vision ends by the hands of the Space Blaster crew. (latest episode spoiler)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, every episode this arc has had people talk about entire scenes that I missed because I zoned out through them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

$10 says the judge's Devine Providence was somehow gained by being consumed by the hunger, which is why their vision ends by the hands of the Space Blaster crew. (latest episode spoiler)

I thtink that those big stone blowhards could see what is happening in the past, present, and future, but not why those things are happening. For example, "They run from the town they kill" is included as a future sin, but if that's referring to what I think it is referring to, that actually happened because of Sazed. So, they incorrectly assumed that the Starblaster crew is causing the apocalypse, rather than trying to prevent it. Anyway those guys suck and I hope they realized that they doomed themselves before the end came.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, every episode this arc has had people talk about entire scenes that I missed because I zoned out through them.

With this arc, I honestly can't differentiate sometimes between scenes I haven't listened to yet, and scenes I wasn't fully paying attention to because I was driving or something. I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but I'm glad this is confirmed to almost be over. I enjoy certain beats that it's hit, but the fact that we had to have a point of "Taako, this is going to be your big story" I think says a lot about how this particular arc is going.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Waffleman_ posted:

TAZ is out, and this is the :airquote:next to last:airquote: Stolen Century.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Griffin also stopping the pace of the story to explain twice that "this is a courtroom game and this is how you play" was lame and speaks to the weakness of this arc

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Griffin also stopping the pace of the story to explain twice that "this is a courtroom game and this is how you play" was lame and speaks to the weakness of this arc

The best part about that was none of that mattered, there's no way they weren't going to get killed, judging by their future crimes.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I'm still enjoying it, but part of the fun of TAZ was them using the rules to come up with creative and utterly suicidal ways to solve problems and you can't really do that in a rules light system. Won't be sad when the arcs over.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Signs point to a Seeso death spiral.

http://splitsider.com/2017/06/seesos-days-are-numbered/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

God, the fuckin dab.