Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wise Learned Man posted:

This is FUD. The proper definition of Pay-2-Pay is paying $15,000 for a "completionist" package and gaining the right to later pay an additional $2500 for something not included in the completionist package.

:airquote: Completionist :airquote:

oh poo poo you are right, they had pay 2 pay before they had pay 2 pay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I would expect nothing else from the greatest marketer in the world.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

As I was sitting here perusing this train wreck of a thread. It hit me. One hundred and fifty million US dollars. It's a number that I just laughed at before (and still do) but man oh man. One hundred and fifty million dollars.

Are you comparing train wrecks, or suddenly realising that this is about an absolutely stupendous amount of cash?

An F-16 was $15 million.
M1-Abrams is $10 million
AH-64E is $64 million

How about an Island? http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/islands-for-sale/usa/florida/ballast-key/

$15 million.

Edit: Pineapple is as valid a topping as buffalo chicken, you goddamned snobs.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 15, 2017

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Lladre posted:

As I was sitting here perusing this train wreck of a thread. It hit me. One hundred and fifty million US dollars. It's a number that I just laughed at before (and still do) but man oh man. One hundred and fifty million dollars.

Get ready to wrap your brain around this... Six years.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wow way to justify one invalid pizza topping with another invalid pizza topping.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

Are you comparing train wrecks, or suddenly realising that this is about an absolutely stupendous amount of cash?

The absolutely stupendous amount of wasted cash.

You see it all the time really.
Lotto winners or athletes/musicians who suddenly find themselves rolling in cash and then go spend it like they are going to have that same flow coming in ear after year.
But it doesn't and now that fifty million dollar mansion that takes twenty full time employees to run is still costing the same amount and you have no new cash coming in.
Back to living whatever hellscape they were in beforehand.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Sappo569 posted:

How did we get onto the thought that cig basically got all the actors and mocap time for next to nothing now ?

Perhaps it is a matter of expectations but I don't think £3million ~ $4.6 million is really next to nothing. The total turnover for the Imaginarium Studios was £1.5m in 2014, £2.2m in 2015 and £3.7m in 2016. From these numbers it seems to me that £500k to £600k is a reasonable estimate of the cost to hire the facilities for a three month block in 2015.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Hav posted:

An F-16 was $15 million.
M1-Abrams is $10 million
AH-64E is $64 million

How about an Island? http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/en/islands-for-sale/usa/florida/ballast-key/

$15 million.

Edit: Pineapple is as valid a topping as buffalo chicken, you goddamned snobs.

Falcon 9 launch cost: $62 million

You could build a satellite, launch it into space for real, and still have enough money left over for a Scrooge McDuck money pit.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Remember Chris is a smart businessman as hes adjusting his staff and expenditures based on the income month to month.

By this logic, you can see when he has a good month he hires a ton more workers and when the next month is bad fires a bunch. Smart.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sunswipe posted:

Metal Gear Solid 6. Quad Mantis are the four sons of Psycho Mantis who all share a psychic link making them effectively one mind with four bodies.
Man, the Paratwa series escalated fast.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 15, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

Wow way to justify one invalid pizza topping with another invalid pizza topping.

The aristocrats!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

shrach posted:

Perhaps it is a matter of expectations but I don't think £3million ~ $4.6 million is really next to nothing. The total turnover for the Imaginarium Studios was £1.5m in 2014, £2.2m in 2015 and £3.7m in 2016. From these numbers it seems to me that £500k to £600k is a reasonable estimate of the cost to hire the facilities for a three month block in 2015.

Why would you pay $30,000,000 or whatever for a cast of dozens of celebrities when you can just capture their faces and let noted Hollywood actress Sandi Gardiner fill in their performances?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/875422894360326146

Today I ramble on about why I am not concerned with delays in the arrival of Star Citizen Patch v3.0 As always thank you for listening to and viewing my episodes.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Man, the Paratwa series escalated fast.

Oh poo poo I thought I was the only one who knew about that weird awesome garbage.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
State of the game

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Get a refund.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

Get a refund.

NOOO THE GAME IS GOING TO GET BETTER REAL SOOOOOOOOOOON! :reddit:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Dark Off posted:

catte tax

Damnit, what might have been decent quality pizza dough is ruined by that topping.
Also, a cat sitting on it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

XK posted:

Get a refund.

Actually this and sue for damages.

The level of malfeasance expressed by Roberts is really extraordinary.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
they made a goddamn teaser video for an ATV

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875403439521529857

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

quote:

Coming in Around the Verse today: We look at Serialized Variables, essential network tech to building the Star Citizen Persistent Universe!

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875406669257244673

This is a critical networking component that was since removed from the 3.0 - 3.2 schedule. They will probably bring it back tomorrow?

Aside from that, this is someone on the game's official Twitter feed, trying to associate a networking construct with graphics performance :shrug:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I thought Serialized Variables came out in 2.6.2 along with multiplayer MegaMap. Are you sure they don't mean Serialized Variables 2.0?

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Serialized variables are on day 16 of Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MilesK posted:

I thought Serialized Variables came out in 2.6.2 along with multiplayer MegaMap. Are you sure they don't mean Serialized Variables 2.0?

Pfft. Hell everyone is sitting on the edges of their seats for the fabled delta patcher.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/875422894360326146

Today I ramble on about why I am not concerned with delays in the arrival of Star Citizen Patch v3.0 As always thank you for listening to and viewing my episodes.

jfc this is depressing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQO2ynEyzk&t=306s

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

About 18 seconds in he hits 10 FPS.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

MilesK posted:

Why would you pay $30,000,000 or whatever for a cast of dozens of celebrities when you can just capture their faces and let noted Hollywood actress Sandi Gardiner fill in their performances?

Pretty much. Even so, Sandi could have a day with Gary Oldman while he does his Bishop speech a dozen times. Did we see any Oldman behind the scenes? Maybe two days with Gillian Anderson. Remember how surprised she was at having to wear the flattering motion capture gear? Probably didn't factor that experience into the fee she asked for. Someone like Mark Strong supposedly commands a fee in the region of $200,000 for a movie, they could probably afford to make him mop a virtual floor for a solid week or two.

Gary Oldman is the only real standout in the cast list. There is also the rumour that Oldman / some of the other actors are also due some sort of profit share for the released computer game Squadron 42 which wouldn't have to be paid yet for obvious reasons.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you put pineapple on pizza you should be shot execution style wherever you tried to purchase your disgusting fruit pie as an example to anyone else with bad taste perpetuating disgusting foods

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Space Crabs posted:

if you put pineapple on pizza you should be shot execution style wherever you tried to purchase your disgusting fruit pie as an example to anyone else with bad taste perpetuating disgusting foods

:yikes:

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Pineapple : Pizza :: Star Citizen : Video Games

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yeah, way too soon. We could lose part of the Republican leadership due to a pineapple pizza.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 15, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Aside from that, this is someone on the game's official Twitter feed, trying to associate a networking construct with graphics performance :shrug:

The game's frame rate is server side bottlenecked.

It's almost like cry engine is an extremely poor choice for doing anything with more than 32 players or something.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The 'bargaining' stage.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: It's All Internal

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Star Citizen: I'm objectively pleased with their actual theoretical progress

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 15, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

shrach posted:

Pretty much. Even so, Sandi could have a day with Gary Oldman while he does his Bishop speech a dozen times. Did we see any Oldman behind the scenes? Maybe two days with Gillian Anderson. Remember how surprised she was at having to wear the flattering motion capture gear? Probably didn't factor that experience into the fee she asked for. Someone like Mark Strong supposedly commands a fee in the region of $200,000 for a movie, they could probably afford to make him mop a virtual floor for a solid week or two.

Gary Oldman is the only real standout in the cast list. There is also the rumour that Oldman / some of the other actors are also due some sort of profit share for the released computer game Squadron 42 which wouldn't have to be paid yet for obvious reasons.

I actually had to go back and look at the annual charity auction that took place last year: http://www.doodle4nf.org/

Last year they had Oldman, Anderson, etc. do doodles for charity along with other signed props and memorabilia. Oldman's was pulled half-way through the auction. You won't see it on the site. Guy Fieri (who basically sums up the idiot American chef with a side of Donkey Sauce) was beating him in dollar amount at the time.

Pgabz and I were in a bidding war. But alas, it was pulled.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

X-Ultron posted:

Serialized variables are on day 16 of Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days.

Nice FUD goonie. Serialized variables are groundbreaking new technology that CIG's team of the best talent in the industry created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

harsh, but fair