Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

Yeah because the Chinese haven't figured out how to put holes in things yet. That's tech only the west possesses.

Where does Adidas make their poo poo anyway? Probably in Pakistan or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
No one has ever come up to me at the arena or elsewhere and called me out on wearing a fake/knockoff jersey. Best $200 I ever saved.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

ElwoodCuse posted:

"we have to stop knockoffs"

"oh and replica jerseys are like $200 and authentics are like $400"

Hmmmmmmm

Apparently they are trying to bring prices down on "Authentics" based on what they cost to retailers, but I'll believe that when I see it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Benson Cunningham posted:

No one has ever come up to me at the arena or elsewhere and called me out on wearing a fake/knockoff jersey. Best $200 I ever saved.

I'm never going to go up to someone and say it but knockoff jerseys are "you get what you pay for" 101

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

2DCAT posted:

When do the non-poo poo jerseys go on fire sale?

Cats gear was half off at the last home game. Snagged a sweet Troch jersey.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/PunjabiOil/status/875367157433020417

The Oilers are back, baby

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it gets better. he was on tsn1260 talking about it and, well

https://twitter.com/john4bes/status/875363391707021313

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Welp. I'm angry they removed the blue/black/white/burgundy pattern, but at least it's not the apron strings.

Edit: although if they brought back the zig zags I'll deal.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

I am firmly in favour of this move

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Those prices are going to exclude a lot of fat guys who rely on hockey jerseys as shirts that actually fit

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

If the Bergevin trades Beaulieu and Galchenyuk, he would then have traded all the Habs' first-round picks from 2009 to 2012.

ha ha ha ha HA HA HA :suicide:

Fire Bergevin.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Goddamn Chiarelli is stupid.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
You can't tell because the Avs have one color letters but in the other teams they showed today multiple color letters are now the same single layer screen print poo poo as current replica jerseys

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Goddamn Chiarelli is stupid.

Just gearing up for another 1st overall run.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I'm not going to hit the panic button over this just yet. First and foremost, the Oilers aren't signing anyone before Draisaitl/McDavid, and they can't re-sign McDavid until July 1. So that means they won't re-sign Russell until he hits free agency. So he'll have time to talk to other teams who'll pay much more than the Oilers for him. Second of all, notice that the key words are "looking to give". This doesn't mean that Russell and his agent are looking for that money/term. If I remember correctly, he wants at least $5 mil, and given that his agent priced him out last free agency, I can see Russell's agent refusing to sign a $4x4 deal since the salary isn't high enough. Thirdly, this whole thing supposedly hinges on Eberle, who the Oilers can hold onto for a year until the cap forces their hand and who can easily return a better defenseman in a deal. Fourth, having Russell for 4 years doesn't even make sense when you consider the fact that the Oilers have guys like Nurse and Benning growing in the NHL, and guys like Caleb Jones and Bear hitting the AHL who can grow into NHL roles. So even if the worst case scenario was to happen and he was to re-sign in Edmonton, he's getting traded by the end of year 2 at the latest.

So I'm not worried even though I know the rest of SAS is going to have a field day with this.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

On the other hand Chiarelli does a lot of dumb poo poo.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Anyways, in other news, sounds like Phil Housley will be the Sabres next head coach:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/875381381542678528

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kilza posted:

Anyways, in other news, sounds like Phil Housley will be the Sabres next head coach:
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/875381381542678528

Dammit, I was hoping Arneil would get this.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kilza posted:

I'm not going to hit the panic button over this just yet. First and foremost, the Oilers aren't signing anyone before Draisaitl/McDavid, and they can't re-sign McDavid until July 1. So that means they won't re-sign Russell until he hits free agency. So he'll have time to talk to other teams who'll pay much more than the Oilers for him. Second of all, notice that the key words are "looking to give". This doesn't mean that Russell and his agent are looking for that money/term. If I remember correctly, he wants at least $5 mil, and given that his agent priced him out last free agency, I can see Russell's agent refusing to sign a $4x4 deal since the salary isn't high enough. Thirdly, this whole thing supposedly hinges on Eberle, who the Oilers can hold onto for a year until the cap forces their hand and who can easily return a better defenseman in a deal. Fourth, having Russell for 4 years doesn't even make sense when you consider the fact that the Oilers have guys like Nurse and Benning growing in the NHL, and guys like Caleb Jones and Bear hitting the AHL who can grow into NHL roles. So even if the worst case scenario was to happen and he was to re-sign in Edmonton, he's getting traded by the end of year 2 at the latest.

So I'm not worried even though I know the rest of SAS is going to have a field day with this.

Fifth, Edmonton is run by idiots.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I'm never going to go up to someone and say it but knockoff jerseys are "you get what you pay for" 101

I guarantee you that you can't tell which of my jerseys is the $30 one. It's identical to the ones I bought directly from the NHL, save that it 'fell of the back of a truck' and I saved an rear end ton of money.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

turn left peter noooooo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/status/875390350394703876

Guess Buffalo has to negate the Housley hire somehow.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I Kind of like the new oilers blue

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

https://twitter.com/walsha/status/875078910962089984

gently caress the Penguins and all that but man, that MAF guy is a guy who is a good guy.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey...027%26page%3D10

Interesting

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just realized that sports talky guys, especially the Canadian ones, are calling Vegas the "Goldaknights" by dropping that first n sound. I'll never not hear this again.

Go goldaknights.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Nothing's gonna happen. The moment the expansion draft 'uncertainty' is over, they'll move onto the next excuse which is 'uncertainty' around the cap staying flat. We're also probably going to see the first 'uncertainty' about a potential lockout in two years' time (September 1, 2019 is just around the corner!).

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 15, 2017

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
This jersey reveal spoiler bullshit reminds me a lot of the Scott Walker presidential campaign logo reveal spoiler bullshit, and while it's unlikely to be that scale of total disaster, the similarities alone should be concerning.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

flakeloaf posted:

https://twitter.com/walsha/status/875078910962089984

gently caress the Penguins and all that but man, that MAF guy is a guy who is a good guy.

Flower is an awesome dude and I hope he one day retires as a penguin

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Just gonna continue calling them the Vegas Knights because it's cooler, better, and has a better sound to it in general.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ThinkTank posted:

Nothing's gonna happen. The moment the expansion draft 'uncertainty' is over, they'll move onto the next excuse which is 'uncertainty' around the cap staying flat. We're also probably going to see the first 'uncertainty' about a potential lockout in two years' time (September 1, 2019 is just around the corner!).

I think we'll see some stuff happen. There will be movement because of the expansion draft at least

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
my dads friends daughter is married to one of jeff gorton's assistants and claims that stepan is 100% being traded so uh, take that for what it's worth i guess

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

If the Bergevin trades Beaulieu and Galchenyuk, he would then have traded all the Habs' first-round picks from 2009 to 2012.

ha ha ha ha HA HA HA :suicide:

Fire Bergevin.

aka The Chiarelli way of franchise building

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Benson Cunningham posted:

I guarantee you that you can't tell which of my jerseys is the $30 one. It's identical to the ones I bought directly from the NHL, save that it 'fell of the back of a truck' and I saved an rear end ton of money.

I would absolutely take you up on this challenge. I've seen (and have) some drat good fakes, but there's Almost always some telltale signs.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

a false posted:

my dads friends daughter is married to one of jeff gorton's assistants and claims that stepan is 100% being traded so uh, take that for what it's worth i guess

which one of your acquaintances works at Nintendo?

VVV :smugbert:

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 15, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a false posted:

Does your uncle also work at Nintendo?

e: :argh:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Avs bought out Francois Beauchemin. Apparently he's still playing?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

a false posted:

I have it on good authority that the family is pulling Stepan off life support, 100% confirmed, RIP Stepan

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

a false posted:

hah

I mean it's rumored fairly heavily at this point so that's not a stretch. Just depends on what they're trying to get...top 4 puck moving D? Anything else? A bit hard to swallow losing one of their better centers and Hayes as the #2 makes me nervous but the off season is young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank posted:

The Avs bought out Francois Beauchemin. Apparently he's still playing?

I felt this way when I saw J-M Liles playing for Boston last postseason

• Locked thread