Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A big slow for one second and a taunt for 1.25 isn't a 3 second stun at all???

Smash's burst damage is a different conversation. I haven't tried that build yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The slow + taunt essentially holds them in place for 3 seconds. Like literally everyone has been saying charge + taunt is stupid busted ever since Varian came out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bamhand posted:

The slow + taunt essentially holds them in place for 3 seconds. Like literally everyone has been saying charge + taunt is stupid busted ever since Varian came out.

Yeah, Taunt Varian puts up a massive "if you enter this radius you are dead" for a ton of heroes.

I like smash Varian in games where you are a double warrior comp going into another double warrior comp where its just going to churning through massive HP pools/heals. It is very surviveable with the W skills leading into Smash.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Got to try out spiders Nazeebo for a few games. How do you stack up voodoo ritual fast without running OOM? Just chuck spiders onto minions as yours engage and just let them die? Roam to another lane if on a map that has close lanes and throw spiders/zombies onto the minions to just farm it that way?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yukari posted:

Got to try out spiders Nazeebo for a few games. How do you stack up voodoo ritual fast without running OOM? Just chuck spiders onto minions as yours engage and just let them die? Roam to another lane if on a map that has close lanes and throw spiders/zombies onto the minions to just farm it that way?

You spider enemy heroes.

Also, lrn2auto.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Yukari posted:

Put AA's and toads on minions, put spiders on heroes so they'll restore your mp.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I just had one of those QM games that started with someone doing something loving stupid, and replying with "lol it's qm" when someone called them out. So I spent the entire game relentlessly feeding, and typing "lol it's qm" in chat every few seconds. It was, by a wide margin, the most fun I have had playing this game in at least the last year. Namaste.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

NeurosisHead posted:

I just had one of those QM games that started with someone doing something loving stupid, and replying with "lol it's qm" when someone called them out. So I spent the entire game relentlessly feeding, and typing "lol it's qm" in chat every few seconds. It was, by a wide margin, the most fun I have had playing this game in at least the last year. Namaste.

Wrong thread.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
lol, someone "called out" a mistake in QM? loving hell, some people...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Toshimo posted:

Wrong thread.
There's a thread for embarrassing and pathetic posts?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

No Wave posted:

There's a thread for embarrassing and pathetic posts?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724675

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

source your quotes you gigantic manbaby

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Macaluso posted:

I love when he does his sarcastic OH NOO PLEASE COME BACK

I also love if they come back he'll be like "Was it the router? I bet it was the router"

I've been having latency issues and that line is as infuriating as it is hilarious.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yukari posted:

I personally blow Zombie Wall on every single minion wave to force the enemy into a position that I can throw spiders at them comfortably. Typically the zombie damage is enough to weaken the enemy minions to the point where the allied minions can kill them off, and Blood Ritual gives returns on health/mana for things that die under the effect of Voodoo Ritual (even things that don't give stacks, like monsters, objective enemies, and heroes).

But then again I'm just some Diamond shitter, so maybe someone better than me will tell you to not do that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

I personally blow Zombie Wall on every single minion wave to force the enemy into a position that I can throw spiders at them comfortably. Typically the zombie damage is enough to weaken the enemy minions to the point where the allied minions can kill them off, and Blood Ritual gives returns on health/mana for things that die under the effect of Voodoo Ritual (even things that don't give stacks, like monsters, objective enemies, and heroes).

But then again I'm just some Diamond shitter, so maybe someone better than me will tell you to not do that.

Why would you take Voodoo Ritual over SPIDERS?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Toshimo posted:

Blood Ritual is much better in-lane sustain, Hexed Crawlers is better sustain if you are on a map where you expect to spend a good chunk of time away from lanes fighting.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Is double bonuses not auto pick? Wow nazeebo sure has changed

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This explains so much.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Big Voodoo is not bad, but yeah it's hardly the always-pick it used to be.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Toshimo posted:

This explains so much.

I was being flippant

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yukari posted:

Here are some good & chill players showcasing how to zeeb.

Spiders at 1, 4, 7, Ravenous Spirit, Superstition, Spiders, (didn't reach 20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLfdW2OPCSQ

Spiders at 1, Big Voodoo or Blood Ritual, Spiders, Garg, Superstition, Spiders, Vile Infection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNjizl7MME

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 15, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

Voodoo Ritual is the passive. Blood Ritual is the thing that gives health/mana restoration when things under the effect of Voodoo Ritual die.

Also I'm one of the weirdos who swears by Thing of the Deep instead of Widowmakers, so I guess that's something else for you to clutch your pearls over.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Whenever there's a range improving talent, or really any talent that doesn't directly add DPS or hard CC, people can easily dismiss it as a :jerkbag: talent for noobs who need a crutch

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Whenever there's a range improving talent, or really any talent that doesn't directly add DPS or hard CC, people can easily dismiss it as a :jerkbag: talent for noobs who need a crutch

They're good talents for solo queue unranked/hero league where you might take an early Nazeebo pick to carry your team, but then your team doesn't compliment you at all and the other team is all dive and you really need that extra range to be remotely useful without dying. Little less reward on your spiders to make up for a bad draft.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I like that you could find success with nearly any build path on him depending on the enemy team composition. Frogs is the hardest to make work but it can get really obnoxious against teams that don't have good poke.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I like that you could find success with nearly any build path on him depending on the enemy team composition. Frogs is the hardest to make work but it can get really obnoxious against teams that don't have good poke.

Had a TL game the other day against Artanis, Sonya, Leoric, Uther, and one ranged -- our Nazeebo went Toads and just wrecked poo poo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I swear by Thing of the Deep because it lets me harass absolutely anyone, up to and including the squishy backline that people rarely expect to get tagged with a Spirit of Arachyr jar. I typically wind up with a lot of kills because Vallas and Auriels don't realize they're covered in spiders in the midst of a teamfight.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Man, malfurion feels gimp now... His heals and mana efficiency were shot to death. I miss old malf.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Man, malfurion feels gimp now... His heals and mana efficiency were shot to death. I miss old malf.

Finally we are back to 3 great supports, 4 was too much choice

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Midnightghoul posted:

Finally we are back to 3 great supports, 4 was too much choice

Auriel, Tyrande, and...?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Medivh

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Uther, Rehgar, and...?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Thrall.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

So, what's the go to Thrall build post rework?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

So, what's the go to Thrall build post rework?

Everyone I've seen has been abusing the hell out of the Windfury quest talent at 7. Don't know what the call is on the other talents, though.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gustav posted:

Uther, Rehgar, and...?

Well I guess I'm a raving lunatic. What are the actual good supports?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
uther tassadar and rehgar have the highest win rates

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

But Tassadar is only an option if you can get a 2nd person to volunteer to also play support. And good luck with that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It strikes me as they're trying to steer towards the situational/match up based healers the same way they did for tanks, but they're in the middle of that revision rather than a big roll out. So some supports have clear roles, or situations where they work and others are still floundering.

Uther* and Lili strike me as the only still decent single healers that don't need to worry too much about comp or map.
Auriel works well with the right comp, Brightwing is good if they don't get too heavy on burst, or it's a large map where her teleports and bribe come in handy. I've had matches with BW where we're dominating but then we can't end it before 16 and suddenly by the time the other team hits 18 we just can't win a team fight.

Tass is great with AA teammates and I like Reghar but he feels thoroughly like a 2nd support, or only good against poke until you get his shield talent and/or ancestral.

*They didn't nerf him again this patch did they?