Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Korranus posted:

Reminder that ECU had Oklahoma's coaching staff two years ago and pissed it away because ECU thought Duke's offensive coordinator was the next Tom Herman.

Which was also basically TTU's 2009 coaching staff minus Mike Leach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So this discussion piggybacks off of an SBNation article I was reading that was looking at the best DCs, and I do wonder who is really at the top of the pack in terms of OC and DC coaches right now. That article had Brent Venables at the top of their list. It was interesting to see Alabama being left off, but they are a juggernaut of talent and I think even though Smart and Pruitt are both good defensive coaches, Saban sets the tone with them. I don't even know who I would look to at OC right now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Louisville getting hit now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at Texas getting mad they are having trouble doing camps in Louisiana. One Yahoo article I read kept talking about how the players in state should find a way to get to Texas. If they weren't going to LSU and wanted to go out of state, why would they go to Texas instead of a good program like Alabama or Florida State?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I randomly read some garbage offseason hot takes article today and it started with this sentence:

CBS Sports Clickbait posted:

In six months, we'll know exactly how the 2017 college football season has played out.

We are still so far from football... and somehow already close to its end. Offseason is the worst.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State is going to roll out some throwback jerseys for the Indiana game

https://twitter.com/OnwardState/status/875411543441240064

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Komet posted:

Penn State's uniform has changed.... ever?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Spacebump posted:

why would they go to Texas instead of a good program like Alabama or Florida State?

Because it's the start of a dynasty and :words:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Frinkahedron posted:

A stripe here a helmet number there

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I maintain they should have done a total redesign after Sandusky

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Seaniqua posted:

I randomly read some garbage offseason hot takes article today and it started with this sentence:

We are still so far from football... and somehow already close to its end. Offseason is the worst.

That's the most Debbie Downer thing I've heard this week.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Frinkahedron posted:

They were pink at one point but they are too cowardly to use those as a throwback

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

If they weren't going to LSU and wanted to go out of state, why would they go to Texas instead of a good program like Alabama or Florida State?

Higher chance of playing time, wanting to live in Austin rather than Tuscaloosa, getting hoodwinked by Tom Herman. You could ask this about every player in regards to any school that isn't Bama.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Has a pocket for chloroform and candies.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mean, I can kind of understand why they are avoiding a newer, younger look.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

They were pink at one point but they are too cowardly to use those as a throwback

I'm pretty sure that the colors had changed by the time there was football, so they can't really "throw back" to that. Baseball definitely wore black and pink. They do the S in the student section in black and pink for homecoming though.

The actual secret is the blue used to be a bright one, more like Florida's.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 16, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Early reports say Kent State's Tyler Heintz likely died of hyperthermia

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

black and pink throwbacks for homecoming is a dream of mine

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Hello fellow football fans. I hope you are enjoying the darkess of the off season.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Just met this dude:

https://twitter.com/jeffrey_moore7/status/777353955101642752

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/876111591028260864

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Does he work for his dad's real estate office? He looks like he works for his dad's real estate office.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Does he work for his dad's real estate office? He looks like he works for his dad's real estate office.

That guy sells loving Scout boats and I won't hear any different

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

That guy sells loving Scout boats and I won't hear any different

Hard to tell. Depends on if his tan ends where his sleeves do.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Hard to tell. Depends on if his tan ends where his sleeves do.

Offseason man. He's been wearing zip-off shants, long-sleeve Columbia fishing shirts and neckerchiefs while hopping saltflats. Tan lines have blurred, m'man.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Offseason man. He's been wearing zip-off shants, long-sleeve Columbia fishing shirts and neckerchiefs while hopping saltflats. Tan lines have blurred, m'man.

I bet he caught one red drum and spends the rest of the summer telling people he knows a killer secret spot.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

I bet he caught one red drum and spends the rest of the summer telling people he knows a killer secret spot.

:unsmith: :hf: :unsmith:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

He turned 21 3 days ago so he isn't doing poo poo but being a drunk college kid. We old, y'all.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I miss hating on Charleston bros. :smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

He turned 21 3 days ago so he isn't doing poo poo but being a drunk college kid. We old, y'all.

That cooler tossin' manchild was 8 when I joined somethingawful dot com :suicide:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

He's still a twat :colbert:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

That cooler tossin' manchild was 8 when I joined somethingawful dot com :suicide:

:regd05:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I caught a 40 inch bonnethead shark the other day, so I'm going to ride that for the rest of my life. He'll be a 15 foot tiger shark by the time I die, obviously.

Also, I wish I still had my 00 reg date account.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Sash! posted:

I caught a 40 inch bonnethead shark the other day, so I'm going to ride that for the rest of my life.

Didn't know McElwain posted here

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mouse Cadet posted:

:vince:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mouse Cadet posted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sash! posted:

I caught a 40 inch bonnethead shark the other day, so I'm going to ride that for the rest of my life. He'll be a 15 foot tiger shark by the time I die, obviously.

Also, I wish I still had my 00 reg date account.

I caught a thirteen pound catfish once.

well, there's my fishing story, hope you like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Just saw a Nick Chubb in Kroger and the UGA bio that has him listed at 5'10" is telling a lie by a few inches. He also likes Nutella so he will forever be a drat good dawg in my book :colbert:

• Locked thread