Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That is kind of funny but it doesn't really mean much when 50+% of the people are picking the :shrug: option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Polling on foreign leaders is kinda horseshit anyways since you're unlikely to know the day to day political mechanisms of a country unless you happen to be outside the us looking in right now. Like I think on the surface Merkel is alright but I don't have the faintest clue what kind of job she is doing.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

HEY GUYS ORB LMFAO

ORB

ORB

ORB

ORB

LOLOLOL

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Blue Train posted:

HEY GUYS ORB LMFAO

ORB

ORB

ORB

ORB

LOLOLOL

heh

lol

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

hoooooly poo poo

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
From less than an hour ago:

quote:

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center. He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates."

Dang, dude.

In other news:

"TRUMP TRIED TO CONVINCE NSA CHIEF TO ABSOLVE HIM OF ANY RUSSIAN COLLUSION"
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tried-convince-nsa-chief-mike-rogers-russia-investigation-fake-report-626073

lol this guy

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Apparently that's why there were so few causalities. He was only aiming for republican cocks.

He would have had better luck tapping his foot in the men's stall and waiting with a knife at the hole. Piss (tape) poor planning on his part.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

Steve Scalise

i still don't know how to feel about this

Like, I'm sorry the guy got shot, but like wtf do you expect? The guy was house whip, he got congressmen to vote on republican party bills that are usually pretty terrible. The Republicans have been spewing poo poo for loving decades about guns & rebellion & act surprised when it finally lands on their doorstep?

I don't want people to get hurt, but unless there's a come to jesus moment by the republicans, i don't know how we get out of this "total war" mindset without more bloodshed.

So how would the second american civil war play out?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Kumo posted:

Like, I'm sorry the guy got shot, but like wtf do you expect? The guy was house whip, he got congressmen to vote on republican party bills that are usually pretty terrible. The Republicans have been spewing poo poo for loving decades about guns & rebellion & act surprised when it finally lands on their doorstep?

I don't want people to get hurt, but unless there's a come to jesus moment by the republicans, i don't know how we get out of this "total war" mindset without more bloodshed.

The South would go down faster than Grenada

Also the GOP has already begun the "We need LOOSER gun laws to fix this" talking point

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 15, 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Trump can take care of himself. He ran for president just to get revenge on people for insulting him, and won. I'm sure he will have some suitably horrific fate in store for those that show him disrespect.

he'll whine like a toddler about it on twitter

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I can picture it getting much worse. They'll pass some garbage healthcare bill, some crazy dudes wife will lose her cancer coverage, they won't be able to afford her treatment, guy gets fed up and shoots a politician. Repeat x100. You can only gently caress with people's lives so much before they fight back.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Blue Train posted:

HEY GUYS ORB LMFAO

ORB

ORB

ORB

ORB

LOLOLOL

haha, thats funny

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
They literally say they want a second civil war so gently caress it, I didn't start this bull poo poo but I want it over with

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Kumo posted:

Whichever party controls the military would win in probably less than a week. A bunch of citizens with rifles can't do anything against tanks/drones/planes/bombs.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
The south will rise again!!!

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Counterpoint; Trump is commander in chief and also we're gonna be in five new forever wars with the middle east soon so the military will be weaker than ever

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Kumo posted:

One one hand, I'm a bad person for laughing at it, but on the other hand I am not trying to take health care away from 25 million people so I have that going for me.

https://vimeo.com/146189543

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Whichever party controls the military would win in probably less than a week. A bunch of citizens with rifles can't do anything against tanks/drones/planes/bombs.

The Air Force would probably side with the New Confederacy because they are the evangelical branch of the military. The other branches could defeat them easily, but the Air Force controls nuclear weapons so they would probably destroy all major cities outside of Texas and the South.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I can picture it getting much worse. They'll pass some garbage healthcare bill, some crazy dudes wife will lose her cancer coverage, they won't be able to afford her treatment, guy gets fed up and shoots a politician. Repeat x100. You can only gently caress with people's lives so much before they fight back.

It's cool though, they just have to loosen gun laws until every molecule of the US is guns. Those crazy dudes won't be able to shoot anyone when the entire continent has been replaced with a nightmarish tangle of metal, plastic and gunpowder.

Doctor President Dragunov Type 73 will be tweeting out gun sounds onomatopoeia while the rest of the world laughs in confusion.

apparently there's no good gun names starting with t and no gun names at all starting with j

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Telephones posted:

The Orb will rise again!!!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bloom posted:

It's cool though, they just have to loosen gun laws until every molecule of the US is guns. Those crazy dudes won't be able to shoot anyone when the entire continent has been replaced with a nightmarish tangle of metal, plastic and gunpowder.

Doctor President Dragunov Type 73 will be tweeting out gun sounds onomatopoeia while the rest of the world laughs in confusion.

apparently there's no good gun names starting with t and no gun names at all starting with j

Tec-9/Tek-9

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

bloom posted:

Tokarev TT-30. :colbert:

Jatimatic :colbert: :colbert:

:sad:

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I think a second civil war would be a real mess. It's not 1861 anymore. Military weapons are incredibly accurate and powerful now. Foreign countries can travel great distances in hours rather than weeks. Civilian weapons are miles ahead of what was used back during the civil war. They used freaking knives and cannons, not scoped AR-15s. I don't think most Americans would respond to actual firefights in the streets with "I gotta fight for our country!" and join in. I'd imagine more would close their blinds, board up the door, and hide in their basements. The actual citizens out there killing the other side would be violent extremists, probably. How does our military respond? How do our foreign allies respond? Would foreign adversaries take the powerless US government and civil unrest here as an opportunity to interfere? Invade? Escalate tensions? Does that result in WWIII? How does the country recover after a "winner" is decided. How long will the "losing" side hold a grudge? Will we just have to get used to people who intensely hated the other side randomly killing each other or fighting for the next few decades?

I dunno. I think it'd really sink us as a country in 2017+.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cthulu Carl posted:

Thompson submachine gun aka the Chicago typewriter

Also IMI Jericho

And all the Chinese and Japanese guns that get translated to Type xx

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:colbert:

How was I beaten on this, drat

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but it'd be pretty LoL to watch Congress figure out how to literally bomb itself.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Scyantific posted:

Tec-9/Tek-9

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wikipedia has failed me horribly.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Catastrophe posted:

I think a second civil war would be a real mess. It's not 1861 anymore. Military weapons are incredibly accurate and powerful now. Foreign countries can travel great distances in hours rather than weeks. Civilian weapons are miles ahead of what was used back during the civil war. They used freaking knives and cannons, not scoped AR-15s. I don't think most Americans would respond to actual firefights in the streets with "I gotta fight for our country!" and join in. I'd imagine more would close their blinds, board up the door, and hide in their basements. The actual citizens out there killing the other side would be violent extremists, probably. How does our military respond? How do our foreign allies respond? Would foreign adversaries take the powerless US government and civil unrest here as an opportunity to interfere? Invade? Escalate tensions? Does that result in WWIII? How does the country recover after a "winner" is decided. How long will the "losing" side hold a grudge? Will we just have to get used to people who intensely hated the other side randomly killing each other or fighting for the next few decades?

You guys really need to crack a history book.

You should be thinking of Argentina or El Salvador, not Gettysburg. Or South Korea or hell modern Mexico

This is the face of modern war: death squads, paramilitaries, torture and murder as performance art and social media.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You guys really need to crack a history book.

You should be thinking of Argentina or El Salvador, not Gettysburg. Or South Korea or hell modern Mexico

This is the face of modern war: death squads, paramilitaries, torture and murder as performance art and social media.

Yea it's gonna own

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Catastrophe posted:

yeah, you know, the more i think about it, the more civil war sounds pretty bad

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

From this same report, also:

quote:

42% of Trump voters think it's appropriate for politicians to body slam reporters, compared to 45% who think it's inappropriate. By contrast only 6% of Clinton voters think it's appropriate to body slam reporters, to 89% who think it's inappropriate. Overall 22% of voters think it's ok to body slam reporters, to 69% who think it's not.

:psyboom:

And in less surprising, BUT MAH HERITAGE news:

quote:

There's also a divide between Trump and Clinton voters when it comes to public memorials to the Confederacy. Trump voters support them 70/15. By contrast only 46% of them support the American Health Care Act, and only 62% of them oppose the Affordable Care Act. So they are much more unified over Confederate memorials than they are about anything related to health care. Clinton voters oppose Confederate memorials, 20/55. Overall there's 42/35 support.

:thunk:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

If I'm not mistaken this is a black woman arguing that the democrats wanted to keep slavery, and republicans wanted to abolish. She also takes issue with government assistance programs as well, apparently lol

Brainwashing is good.

haha did anybody tell this idiot to charge his phone, what an idiot hell fucker.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
nice battery percentage, for me to laugh at, idiot.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

bloom posted:

Michigan is about to pass a law that literally every person in the state can concealed carry a gun. No classes, training, or license necessary. Lmao this country loving sucks

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

torture and murder as performance art and social media.

but enough about the feeling + experience of reading your posts itt and, indeed, iet (in every thread).

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

tpink posted:

From this same report, also:

:psyboom:

And in less surprising, BUT MAH HERITAGE news:

:thunk:

imagine putting the question "is it okay to bodyslam reporters" on a survey

then imagine youre head not exploding when you see the results

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Michigan is about to pass a law that literally every person in the state can concealed carry a gun. No classes, training, or license necessary. Lmao this country loving sucks

Its going to be cool when you can hide a gun in your baby.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

This is good actually

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah, you know, the more i think about it, the more civil war sounds pretty bad

Just wait until climate change dries out all of the agricultural areas and rangelands a few times! LOL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Minimalist Program posted:

Its going to be cool when you can hide a gun in your baby.

Just let the baby hold the gun, he/she needs protection from other babies with guns