Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
XCOM 2 is pretty much better than XCOM 1 in every way IMO. Although I don't think the DLC mech things are as cool or as useful as the equivalent from XCOM 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

XCOM 2 is pretty much better than XCOM 1 in every way IMO. Although I don't think the DLC mech things are as cool or as useful as the equivalent from XCOM 1

It's on my list of barely-or-never-played strategy games, I'm just waiting to lose my job or suffer a debilitating injury so I can dive right in.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I LOVE VIDEOGAME!!!!!

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hahaha

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
reminder that this is today

times are PDT

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

holy poo poo i didn't know nier was gonna be at e3

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mkOx1fH2G0

There's no substantial footage of this game yet but I'm cautiously optimistic. I really love creepy deep undersea stuff and it seems like this'll deliver that.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

http://m.bilibili.com/video/av11376919.html

someone ggot hidden cam footage of monster hunter, it looks like everythin i wanted out of it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There's no substantial footage of this game yet but I'm cautiously optimistic. I really love creepy deep undersea stuff and it seems like this'll deliver that.

Have you played SOMA?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

http://m.bilibili.com/video/av11376919.html

someone ggot hidden cam footage of monster hunter, it looks like everythin i wanted out of it

idg why they made this footage a secret. im pissed about mhxx and im certain this will have some stupid crap in it that ruins the game because capcom

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

idg why they made this footage a secret. im pissed about mhxx and im certain this will have some stupid crap in it that ruins the game because capcom

dude th footage looks real good. theo nly thing that even looks slightly bad is tht the GS animations dont look as meaty as id like, and tht might be because the guy playing is doing combo GS. otherwise this looks like just a primo monster hunter game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

dude th footage looks real good. theo nly thing that even looks slightly bad is tht the GS animations dont look as meaty as id like, and tht might be because the guy playing is doing combo GS. otherwise this looks like just a primo monster hunter game

due to how salty i am about mhxx

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Have you played SOMA?

Seconded. SOMA is very cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When it comes to deep sea Spookfeels you wont find more bang for your buck than SOMA folks.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Have you played SOMA?

I need to finish that...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I like deep sea spoopyfeels and existential quandaries about AI/artificial life so that game seems incredibly cool. Unfortunately it came out shortly after MGSV so I forgot about it...

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 16, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

extremebuff posted:

due to how salty i am about mhxx

Capcom didn't say they'd NEVER bring MHXX westward- just that it's not an immediate priority. They have more demanding projects

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I like deep sea spoopyfeels and existential quandaries about AI/artificial life so that game seems incredibly cool. Unfortunately it came out shortly after MGSV so I forgot about it...

You should deffo finish it mate.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Like monster hunter stories

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Eagle posted:

Like monster hunter stories

Nintendo's publishing that and I suspect they're also publishing MHXX & Capcom's being dumb about it because they have to wait for Nintendo to mention it first

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stories plays nothing like a real MH game but it's cute and I'm glad it's coming over

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i like the look of that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching the Giant Bomb videos now - EA Press Conference is up first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Way Out and Need for Speed look epic. I hope NFS has a turbo meter and such and its just a new burnout

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its kind of insane that EA still keeps trying to make basketball games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Its kind of insane that EA still keeps trying to make basketball games.

Its kind of insane they keep failing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Its kind of insane they keep failing

its cool that NBA Elite 11's demo was so bad that they cancelled the game 2 weeks before release

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

all this Thinkfluencer poo poo is so stupid.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

its cool that NBA Elite 11's demo was so bad that they cancelled the game 2 weeks before release

that shouldve happened with battlefront 1

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I forgot about that, lol. I'm surprised that didn't happen to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo! They got iJustine, Tha_Golden_Boy and the EA Head of PR on the mic???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo! They got iJustine, Tha_Golden_Boy and the EA Head of PR on the mic???

$1000

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All 2 games on the Xbox One X are going to be in 4K 60 FPS . Awesome.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ab unch are hardlocked to 30fps apparently...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody on the planet makes fun of two things: the size of our console and that we don't make any games for it. [Phil Spencer thinkjs silently in a board room office for 12 straight months and emerges at the E3 2017 Stage] This is the smallest Xbox ever (LOL!) , and here's a branded car on stage for 15 minutes.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I still can't get over the small xbox. It feels wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think this metro trailer contained a single second of actual gameplay but if they manage to actually make something like a stalker game it would be cool. but those last games I didnt actually like at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

All 2 games on the Xbox One X are going to be in 4K 60 FPS . Awesome.

the way to compete with the completely dominant ps4 is to make our console considerably more expensive - microsoft

• Locked thread