Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You will probably get Kelsus by the end of the month if you are doing he daily missions.

Yeah, I've been pretty consistent. Figure the new stuff coming up next patch will account for whatever the daily and raid stuff don't account for.

Unless I've somehow horribly miscounted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

The problem for me is that with her 5* stats she doesn't have the HP to survive even with her barrier. I don't have the gear and materia to get her hp up enough.

Can you break? Breaking Titan's ATK is the single most important thing you can do in that fight. Her barrier alone won't cut it either, you need to slap up a Guard Order too.

Do you have any/enough HP +10% Materia? You can get them pretty easily from Rizer's TMR, now wouldn't be a terrible time to burn through all your friend points and sell off the completed smooshed together units and hope you get one or three extra. Most of the friend point units are terrible, but there are a few decent TMRs there like HP +10%, many -killers, Sunbeam, Raging Fist, Camouflage, Escape...

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Thancred is flowing river of hp tmrs right now, are those not enough? Pretty sure with 4 followers oaths sakura gets to 4.5k which should be enough to keep her alive in most situations

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Can you break? Breaking Titan's ATK is the single most important thing you can do in that fight. Her barrier alone won't cut it either, you need to slap up a Guard Order too.

Do you have any/enough HP +10% Materia? You can get them pretty easily from Rizer's TMR, now wouldn't be a terrible time to burn through all your friend points and sell off the completed smooshed together units and hope you get one or three extra. Most of the friend point units are terrible, but there are a few decent TMRs there like HP +10%, many -killers, Sunbeam, Raging Fist, Camouflage, Escape...

Orlandeau break, protectga, barrier, and all the 10% materia I can slap on with room for a equip h armor to give her some more def and she still died instantly when I broke the heart.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Khisanth Magus posted:

Orlandeau break, protectga, barrier, and all the 10% materia I can slap on with room for a equip h armor to give her some more def and she still died instantly when I broke the heart.

Do you have anyone who can draw attacks? That's pretty much the only way I survived the latter tiers. Even though it's pretty much guaranteed that unit will get got blown away half way through the fight, my remaining party would usually still have enough juice left to finish the job.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Do you have anyone who can draw attacks? That's pretty much the only way I survived the latter tiers. Even though it's pretty much guaranteed that unit will get got blown away half way through the fight, my remaining party would usually still have enough juice left to finish the job.

I have Cecil with golem to give him provoke, he is the only tank I have at Max lvl, but his gear is far from stellar.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have Cecil with golem to give him provoke, he is the only tank I have at Max lvl, but his gear is far from stellar.

If you have the DPS to take him down I can throw up my Wilhelm after maint. His LB is maxed which gives a 3 turn 74% def and 1 turn 54% damage reduction. With his counters, all the tumult spam, and his buff that increases atk/mag/lb fill rate it will probably charge at least every 2 turns. Haven't tried him on Titan since I pulled him after I cleared the trial but he did great work for me during octopus trial.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

You don't have anyone else to break? I skimmed your previous posts and see you have Aileen and no Orlandeu, you should try to use an Aileen friend for chaining if you can and someone else like Rain, if you have absolutely no one else, to break.

I know the whole "just bring two Orlandeu!:v:" thing is annoying, I've got one decent-ish (846 ATK) Orlandeu which, paired with a Goon with nearly 1100 ATK, took Titan down in three turns. No finishers.

Titan is not immune to earth damage, nor does he use any elemental damage at all. Aileen has Stone Killer built in, and if you slap Golem on her, and give her another one from King Giott's TMR, you can get even more effect, since they're all from different sources. Two Aileens should be able to get him down in three turns too.

If you have Noctis use Fish, or have Cecil Provoke (Aileen should still probably be plenty powerful without Golem if you go this way) when you break the core, all you have to worry about it is the Tumults. And probably raising Noctis.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So that third accessory from the BF event, the one with a nondescript passive? It's actually 10%Phys/Mag evade.
There's also an Elite Maxwell with some moogles, coins and tickets. More info here.

Also Zargabath isn't exclusive and will be buffed for Japan.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
It's silly that this banner has 3 4* pulls, two of which are 5* max. Not worthless 6*, but 5*.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FF12 the zodiac age (the remaster) comes out July 11th, I think it likely we are getting that banner/event then. FFX is probably getting delayed into August, if then...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

So that third accessory from the BF event, the one with a nondescript passive? It's actually 10%Phys/Mag evade.
There's also an Elite Maxwell with some moogles, coins and tickets. More info here.

Also Zargabath isn't exclusive and will be buffed for Japan.

Theoretical Maximum Magic Evade, after catching up with current JP: 45%

20% Base (Lightning and Fryevia can do this)
10% - Tetra Sylpheed, the wind esper
10% - Lucky Bangles (GL Exclusive item we are getting tomorrow)
5% - Defender (Greatsword, part of the next FFT event)

The problem with an evasion stat is really, unless you're at 100%, you can't depend on it, making it a bad stat to stack unless you can get it really, really high.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Of course Tilith needs 20 of the mat I only have 19 of. Thanks game

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Servers are up.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm confused. March on Titan is still going, but there is a community reward?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

I'm confused. March on Titan is still going, but there is a community reward?

Community reward, not raid reward. Something from E3 or Facebook, probably.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Getting Whitebrim from "The Gathering - The Gathering" is proving to be very difficult to me.

On my best attempt, I had a maxxed out 6-star Fohlen guest, so I was able to land a few precious hard hits on the bosses before they annihilated my entire team in a single turn (Seriously, why can those two attack like 6 times each? Jesus gently caress). I payed 100 Lapris to rez and managed to chain Stongas with my Y'shtolas and then finish with all my Limit Breaks to get the Whitebrim from the cat boss... except it literally survived with like 3% health. So, no Whitebrim for me.

Could anyone help me out? My ID is 209,464,963. I'd really appreciate it!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Office Thug posted:

Getting Whitebrim from "The Gathering - The Gathering" is proving to be very difficult to me.

On my best attempt, I had a maxxed out 6-star Fohlen guest, so I was able to land a few precious hard hits on the bosses before they annihilated my entire team in a single turn (Seriously, why can those two attack like 6 times each? Jesus gently caress). I payed 100 Lapris to rez and managed to chain Stongas with my Y'shtolas and then finish with all my Limit Breaks to get the Whitebrim from the cat boss... except it literally survived with like 3% health. So, no Whitebrim for me.

Added you as Aleyce. I'll have an Orlandu up today that will become Maxwell tomorrow.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Office Thug posted:

I added you as well. My Olive should be able to one shot the mob with the limit burst if its the only target, so maybe kill the other one first.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

I will be pulling for so many hours on Friday.

:same:

Thank god for Nox macros. Currently at 299/300 unit slots too. Can't wait to see how much I overload it. :shepicide:

(gonna do an 11 pull tomorrow and pray for a Tilith which would also be a good use of my many cactuars)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've gotten so many cactuars from this event I've been feeding whoevers and anybodies. Will I ever use Leon, Garnet, Rosa, Zyrus, or Lawrence? Probably not, but now they're max level for their rank just so I could make room to pull more. Got all the story characters up to max rank/level too except Lasswell since I don't want to burn 6* mats on him yet.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Office Thug posted:

sent an invite

if any other new players want a friend 446,079,826

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
If the shark was incredibly difficult for me how hard is the next tier of Gathering going to be?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6hgmjx/ffbe_e3_producers_announcement_recap_615/

Some stuff coming up for the anniversary including a guaranteed 5* summon from a 10+1 pull. One time only. Starts on 6/29.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ratmtattat posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6hgmjx/ffbe_e3_producers_announcement_recap_615/

Some stuff coming up for the anniversary including a guaranteed 5* summon from a 10+1 pull. One time only. Starts on 6/29.

:flashfap:

Here comes my second Delita

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Expedition team ready to go!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And an entire month of free daily pulls. Nice.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Fiss posted:

:catstare:

hot stuff

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Fiss posted:

Get ready for Delita #5

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a free 11 pull with a guaranteed free 5* with a shot that its tidus is pretty swell if you ask me

now wheres the loving ramza enhancements gumi

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I hope the expeditions give you FFT-style stories from the units you send off. This is the way!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ EDIT: That could be neat.

Ratmtattat posted:

Oooh. Last free 10+1 I got Ace.

Did a regular 10+1 on the last day Orlandeu was featured, got him then.

I am reasonably optimistic, going forward.

Fiss posted:

Lol holy crap.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

FF10 banner on the 29th as well, same time as the free 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5*. I'd assume the 10+1 won't be banner specific but there's still a chance of getting Tidus or Rikku then.

Mr. Swoon posted:

I hope the expeditions give you FFT-style stories from the units you send off. This is the way!

I had a good experience!

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Ratmtattat posted:

Come on Gumi, daddy needs a third Queen!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
How much money do you need to spend for a guaranteed 5*? Not that I'm gonna throw money at this game, I'm just curious.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How much money do you need to spend for a guaranteed 5*? Not that I'm gonna throw money at this game, I'm just curious.

i mean you could theoretically spend money forever and never get a 5* because of rng.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ratmtattat posted:

Is the EX point system how people get stuff like the super dual wield materia (DW and 15 or 20% atk/mag I think?) or was that done some other way for P2Pers?

Gonna enjoy using that guaranteed 5* 10+1 pull to try and get Ramza but end up getting Queen #3 instead. :v:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
June 29th for Tidus and Rikku! I'm hyped even though I consider FFX the game where the series lost me as a fan.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Thankfully, I was there!

Apparently it's loving FREE!

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is the EX point system how people get stuff like the super dual wield materia (DW and 15 or 20% atk/mag I think?) or was that done some other way for P2Pers?

Gonna enjoy using that guaranteed 5* 10+1 pull to try and get Ramza but end up getting Queen #3 instead. :v:

Apparently they spoke for like 20 minutes and threw all this info out. gently caress if I know any more details than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Here's the reddit post about the EX system from January when it launched there.

Basically it's a VIP reward for people that buy Lapis, with the last reward being an exclusive unit somewhere around the $450 USD mark, theoretically 4 of the $100 USD lapis bundles and 1 of the $50s will get you everything, it's possible they'll increase the cost to an even 5 of the $100 USD bundles. You won't get anything retroactively, so if you're thinking about buying Lapis you should probably wait until after the system goes into effect, however other than the guaranteed 5* ticket and the unit, you aren't missing much. Of course we don't know that the rewards will be the same so wait and see I guess.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 15, 2017

• Locked thread