Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The center is the fake bc it doesn't have the laces at the collar

It does have holes for the laces though - or are you saying it shouldn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, they can just scratch him for 43 games then

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/875436428985085953

oh

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The center is the fake bc it doesn't have the laces at the collar

I lost the laces years ago.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

OK so, getting Drouin is good. Losing Sergachev is bad, considering the state of the Habs' D right now.

Watch Bergevin expose Drouin during the expansion draft anyway to protect fuckin Andrew Shaw.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

That's two 80's movie-style zero-to-heroes being jettisoned by their teams this summer: first MAF, now Drouin, who came out of nowhere to be a stud in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're all fake. Even the ones bought from the NHL.

Directed by M Night Shyamalan

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

yellowcar posted:

Watch Bergevin expose Drouin during the expansion draft anyway to protect fuckin Andrew Shaw.
I don't think he's going to do that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Gally to Rangers pls.

Scared me for a second

I hear Gally is worthless because he doesn' tplay defense at all though

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think he's going to do that.

He's stupid enough to.

So this pretty much means Galchenyuk is gone now. gently caress, I hate you Bergevin.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can't tell if that's good or bad for both Montreal and Tampa

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thats a neat trade

Big fan of swap deals

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Wow, the Habs managed to get a Quebecois first line center. Sergachev is probably going to be really good for a long time, but I guess since they went all-in-right-now with Weber, this is also a good move since Drouin is good right now and has plenty of years left.

Duck Rodgers posted:

e: Also how often is it a team that breaks a trade?

The last few moves - this and the Girardi buyout - have been broken by the teams themselves. I think the league is making a concerted effort to do this rather than having the media start squeaking it out bit-by-bit.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/CJHE/status/875018314543583232

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
This offseason the Habs have to resign Drouin, Radulov, and Galchenyuk (and Markov but he's not getting as much as he did)

Next season Plekanec and Emelin go off the books but you also have to give Carey Price a blank check. The season after that, Pacioretty's 4.5m cap hit expires and he's for sure getting a huge pay increase. I think that's why people are saying Galchenyuk is gone. You just don't have the cap room for all that.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Benson Cunningham posted:

Of these three, which ones were bought directly from the nhl and which ones were bought from China.

If you guess correctly, I will post a picture of my dog.

Edit: Staal, Orpik, and Fleury if it matters.

That's a terribly grainy picture, but if I had to guess I'd say the left and middle are fake, of only one then probably the middle.

I typically look at the stitching, especially on patches like the winter classic one, or the inside underneath the crests.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I will be astonished if Radulov resigns in Montreal. He has no reason not to test the market.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Radulov and Kovalchuk, please both go to the Knights. It'll be awesome. C'mon.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Bet Yzerman regrets picking Drouin over Jones right about now

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Wow, the Habs managed to get a Quebecois first line center. Sergachev is probably going to be really good for a long time, but I guess since they went all-in-right-now with Weber, this is also a good move since Drouin is good right now and has plenty of years left.

The last few moves - this and the Girardi buyout - have been broken by the teams themselves. I think the league is making a concerted effort to do this rather than having the media start squeaking it out bit-by-bit.
Drouin is a LW

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

I got a Niklas Bergfors jersey for Christmas in 2009

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Yaya posted:

This offseason the Habs have to resign Drouin, Radulov, and Galchenyuk (and Markov but he's not getting as much as he did)

Next season Plekanec and Emelin go off the books but you also have to give Carey Price a blank check. The season after that, Pacioretty's 4.5m cap hit expires and he's for sure getting a huge pay increase. I think that's why people are saying Galchenyuk is gone. You just don't have the cap room for all that.

Radulov isn't resigning in Montreal

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The way I'm parsing this is out is, Drouin is an immediate help for the offence. However, I am apprehensive that the Habs are mortgaging their future on defence. It looks.... dire.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

yellowcar posted:

The way I'm parsing this is out is, Drouin is an immediate help for the offence. However, I am apprehensive that the Habs are mortgaging their future on defence. It looks.... dire.

it'll all be OK when they re-sign Emelin

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

t:mad:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Oh. In that case, they're doomed.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Sergachev was their only top quality defensive prospect, but Juulsen and Mete have some potential. Neither projects as anything more than a depth player but I expect both will play in the NHL in some capacity. This basically means the Habs are for sure taking a defenceman in round 1 again, but they'll hit eventually. They do have a pretty severe age gap growing on their back end though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The same to ask Jake to sign their beer
https://twitter.com/JuicySteen/status/875040349764206592
:lol: Jake's teenager voice

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
i'm bummed because drouin is really frickin' good, but i assume that to trade him means that he had no interest in signing a team friendly deal at best, and at worst he flat out hated tampa and wanted out. serge is an awesome prospect, and tampa's got even more great forwards in the system, but no one has the potential that drouin could one day be.

the rumor was this was for galchenyuk, and i'd almost have preferred him , to be frank.

also: you know you got a good player when wonder j llama is questioning the trade, goon grats HAS

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wonderllama posted:

i'm bummed because drouin is really frickin' good, but i assume that to trade him means that he had no interest in signing a team friendly deal at best, and at worst he flat out hated tampa and wanted out. serge is an awesome prospect, and tampa's got even more great forwards in the system, but no one has the potential that drouin could one day be.

This is all pretty relevant. Yzermam didn't make this trade in a vacuum.

Was this a trade to avoid an offer sheet they knew was coming anyway.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Wonderllama posted:

the rumor was this was for galchenyuk, and i'd almost have preferred him , to be frank.

also: you know you got a good player when wonder j llama is questioning the trade, goon grats HAS

Kucherov is what people hoped Drouin would be

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Steve Yzerman did the right thing, especially by dumping Drouin on a team that is set up to collapse inwardly anyway.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nick Bonino's injury was more serious than we thought.

Yes that is him. It's hard to tell with how zoomed out it is and the lack of a hobo beard but I couldn't find a better picture of his peg leg setup.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Nick Bonino's injury was more serious than we thought.

Yes that is him. It's hard to tell with how zoomed out it is and the lack of a hobo beard but I couldn't find a better picture of his peg leg setup.

Now all he needs is a pirates jersey and a shoulder parrot.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the habs are going to be shoving it all-in now and its going to rule watching their hopes turn to ash

gally+ for stepan is the next step

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hudon is extended for two-years on a one-way contract. I sure hope this means the Habs are protecting him in the expansion draft. :ohdear:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Drouin won't live up to expectations. He won't be the francophone hero that saves the team and he'll get run out of town. Sergachev will be a top pairing defenseman.

Wake me up when Bergevin is fired.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Suspicious posted:

Drouin won't live up to expectations. He won't be the francophone hero that saves the team and he'll get run out of town. Sergachev will be a top pairing defenseman.

lol

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I'm going to use the next 15 minutes at work to convince my terrible brain that the reason we traded drouin was to create enough cap space to sign Nikita gusev. Watch me go.

Sign ALL the Nikitas

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Suspicious posted:

Drouin is really really good. But you're right to be semi-concerned since he's 22 and has never been able to completely get it all together and/or be consistent.

Also he ugly. Like dog ugly. Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Yesterday's news, but Ottawa doesn't wanna re-sign Neil, and Neil wants to play at least one more year of hockey before he retires.

Can anyone use an older punchmans with a heart of gold? Bonus: He's never once been suspended. Cleanest punchmans in the NHL.

I'm honestly gonna miss him. Not for his hockey skill, but for everything else.

• Locked thread