Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i freakin LOVE dungeons. i can't think of a single dungeon past level 30 I don't love. Yes even that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

So Selene looks nice.

Fey Glow: Increases spell speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.
Fey Light: Increases skill speed of self and nearby party members by 30% for 30s, 60s cooldown.

They can't be used at the same time, but they don't share a cooldown on the tooltip.

Fey Caress and Wind are there too, and they look unchanged.

Didn't see those pets skills pop up anywhere.

Might put her over Eos from now on?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Is there going to be a new thread?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

i freakin LOVE dungeons. i can't think of a single dungeon past level 30 I don't love. Yes even that one.

Same but I don't love the people I run them with. the should rename The Vault the Tomb for how many loving pubbies I've had die because they refuse to move out of AoE/The big purple hole giving them stacks of Vuln up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This just looks like a list of every change to every ability ever? Like there are multiple shield oaths for example.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

It looks like abilities and traits that got removed are still in the data, hence the separate Selene buffs popping back up.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Even the pre-2.0 conversions like Aurum Vale? I would rather do almost anything than AV.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah, I really like The Vault. I just happen to hate literally everyone who I run it with in roulette. Same for Ravana Normal, Bismarck EX, and A11.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SettingSun posted:

Even the pre-2.0 conversions like Aurum Vale? I would rather do almost anything than AV.

Aurum Vale is one of my favorite dungeons, the atmosphere is just so oppressive and claustrophobic and Malboros are my favorite final fantasy enemy. it helps that Coincounter is like the best dungeon boss

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

y'all should stop trying to read datamine extracts without knowing how to read them

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I feel like Heavensward's 51-59 dungeons generally take way too much time to play through compared to ARR's level 15-49 dungeons. They take another 10 minutes to complete on average with pubs for various reasons linked to equipment and skill being subpar. Hopefully Stormblood won't see this trend continue.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah, I really like The Vault. I just happen to hate literally everyone who I run it with in roulette. Same for Ravana Normal, Bismarck EX, and A11.

Same here at least as far as vault, it's an aoe heavy dungeon with pretty tank N spanky bosses, never had a problem running it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
The vault has gorgeous lighting and pretty heavy music. Plus, the sheer amount of dodging you have to do in most of the boss fights makes for a pretty fun time.

Watching Charibert melt peoples' bones is always a great time.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I don't think that opinion is unpopular at all. People do the 51-60 PotD grind because you don't need to wait 10-20 minutes between runs if you aren't a tank, not because they love standing around in Quarrymill.

PotD is fun from 150+ but earlier than that it's just a snoozefest that occasionally gets you zero exp if things go massively wrong.

Ha looks like I got the wrong impression then, PBC talks about POTD a lot so I just assumed people enjoyed it that much and I just did not understand why.

I'm usually a healer and don't have to deal with queues much. So spoiled.

As for favorites, hm... I actually really like the ambiance of Snowcloak, and it was so different looking from other dungeons with the arctic setting when I first saw it. It's relaxing!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
In my experience even as a tank potd is massively faster than dungeons for leveling. I much prefer dungeons, but I end up going for potd for this reason. Disconnections + possible wipes and walking back makes it even worse. In potd 51-60 if you get a bad group or someone disconnects all you can possibly lose is about 15-20 mins.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So, since I'm coming back from like pre-2.1: should I be doing all the dungeons required to unlock the 50 duty roulette? Because that looks like a lot to do if you haven't been keeping up with each patch, but I expect it'll be helpful for something. I'm assuming there'll also be a level 60 roulette, too?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i havent played since like alexander turns were still unlocking im scared im gonna be way too overwhelmed coming back at xpac launch

also how I get glasses emote

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Harrow posted:

So, since I'm coming back from like pre-2.1: should I be doing all the dungeons required to unlock the 50 duty roulette? Because that looks like a lot to do if you haven't been keeping up with each patch, but I expect it'll be helpful for something. I'm assuming there'll also be a level 60 roulette, too?
There is, and honestly at this point I would say skip unlocking the roulettes until you're chilling at 80 because there's a lot of dungeons.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Pierson posted:

There is, and honestly at this point I would say skip unlocking the roulettes until you're chilling at 80 because there's a lot of dungeons.

drat I gotta do this too since I was lazy as poo poo. How long does it take? Like a week?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The 2.0 ones. Since IDs must remain the same the db dump will go:
All ARR data
All HW data
All SB data

So if they needed to add an ability with a new id it'll be at the bottom of the list. A db entry does not necessarily correlate with an ability you can use in game.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

Aurum Vale is one of my favorite dungeons, the atmosphere is just so oppressive and claustrophobic and Malboros are my favorite final fantasy enemy. it helps that Coincounter is like the best dungeon boss

Aurum Vale is a fun dungeon. It isn't really hard but it at least has expectations of the player. It and the Vault are my favorite dungeons. Honorary mention to brayflox hard which I admire because it'sboringly easy but has the decency to end quickly. which I will happily take over all the arbitrary gating in HW.

Worst dungeons in the game are the 2 copperbells.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Harrow posted:

The 50DR and 60DR dungeons are being merged into a combined 50/60 Duty Roulette. Presumably you'll still need to unlock them all at some point. You can run the new roulette for a good chunk of the new tomestone once you're at level 70.

You can already unsync the 50 DRs at level 60 and do them in like 5 minutes with a friend or two, so by level 70 you should be able to breeze through everything you didn't get at first and then queue to do it normally.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also has scholar been changed radically or will I be able to ease back into it coming from like a couple months at 60?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/15/e3-2017-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
According to this they're going to combine 50 and 60 DR into one.
Also no head start for having a completed Anima weapon rip

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Leofish posted:

The 50DR and 60DR dungeons are being merged into a combined 50/60 Duty Roulette. Presumably you'll still need to unlock them all at some point. You can run the new roulette for a good chunk of the new tomestone once you're at level 70.

You can already unsync the 50 DRs at level 60 and do them in like 5 minutes with a friend or two, so by level 70 you should be able to breeze through everything you didn't get at first and then queue to do it normally.

Okay, that'll help. I won't worry about it until I'm 70, then!

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

SettingSun posted:

I actually enjoy Aurum Vale. Coin Counter is pretty cool, the other bosses are decent as well, and I like the tension that comes from all the poison goo and having to be careful about how you pull. It doesn't feel painfully long like Toto Rak or Cutter's Cry either.

It also stands out to me for being the first time (and the only time I can remember) that I was kicked from a DF party when I accidentally ran my newbie Scholar into a pack of mobs and then backpedaled into a geyser and aggroed the rest of the first room like some sort of Mr Bean incident

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

The Grimace posted:

I feel like Heavensward's 51-59 dungeons generally take way too much time to play through compared to ARR's level 15-49 dungeons. They take another 10 minutes to complete on average with pubs for various reasons linked to equipment and skill being subpar. Hopefully Stormblood won't see this trend continue.

It takes on average 30 minutes to complete any leveling dungeon. That's a good ballpark for no ilvl or lvl-synced party that doesn't wipe to anything in there.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

All ARR data
All HW data
All SB data

So if they needed to add an ability with a new id it'll be at the bottom of the list. A db entry does not necessarily correlate with an ability you can use in game.
To add to this, if the fields ClassJob and/or ClassJobCategory do not contain anything, the abilities are not usable by players and should be ignored. I'm assuming someone dumped only ActionTransient, which does not contain the references to the Action table, which defines all of the things that let you know which action is available for who.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

It takes on average 30 minutes to complete any leveling dungeon. That's a good ballpark for no ilvl or lvl-synced party that doesn't wipe to anything in there.

holy poo poo you get some dog rear end groups

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy poo poo you get some dog rear end groups

Yeeeeeep. 30 min runs are around the max for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

30 minutes sounds right for an at level first time pubbie run.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

30 minutes sounds right for an at level first time pubbie run.

This is what most of my leveling roulette runs have been for the past month

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

MotU posted:

also has scholar been changed radically or will I be able to ease back into it coming from like a couple months at 60?

Scholar got simpified some: it lost a fair number of utility buttons to click, and its rotation/dot maintenance duties in 4.0 should be significantly simplified. Also its AOE got hammered. Its big new mechanics are a big channeled heal for the faerie and a sort of predictive heal mechanic. It, like the White Mage, will spend 4.0 sucking turds out of the Astrologian's rear end.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Harrow posted:

So, since I'm coming back from like pre-2.1: should I be doing all the dungeons required to unlock the 50 duty roulette?

You really should because 2.1-2.55 is filled with tons of padding and the dungeons will break up the monotony.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pretty sure it does, which is why Onslaught is a bad joke.

Onslaught should have generated 20 IB on a 60s cooldown.

I know, right? Onslaught generating 20 + Path combo = IB ready to roll.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The thing is, a lot of dungeons look good and hide their corridors well behind pretty visuals, or they have some interesting bosses or one or two cool trash packs, but 90% of the time they also have way too much pointless trash in between the cool parts and if you're running it more than 2-3 times, "atmosphere" doesn't rank high on a list of reasons why you're (not) liking a dungeon in my experience.

The Grimace posted:

Yeah that's why I said earlier that they become a slog quickly. Not only is the sync pretty harsh, you can spend up to 30 minutes in Sohm Al or the Vault even without wiping, just because you eg. have a honest healer or just lovely DPS. The XP is good, and if you get a good group you can do them in 20 minutes or so. Baseline for poo poo groups needs to come down to 20 minutes (10-15 for fast runs), it's not 2004 anymore.

Pigbottom posted:

In my experience even as a tank potd is massively faster than dungeons for leveling. I much prefer dungeons, but I end up going for potd for this reason. Disconnections + possible wipes and walking back makes it even worse. In potd 51-60 if you get a bad group or someone disconnects all you can possibly lose is about 15-20 mins.

At lower levels I can see that but after level 50 PotD is awful. Those 20 minutes are basically a single 51+ dungeon run if you have a good group, and the chance you have to outright abandon it is really minor, usually it just takes 5-10 minutes longer. I just leveled my AST from 52 to 60 last weekend and 56 to 60 I was basically just grinding dungeons, once I could do Vault after 57 and Gubal Library after 59 you get a fuckton of of XP (like 3-4 runs per level). You'd have to pay me to do those levels in PotD.

Obviously the whole thing changes if you're DPS and looking at it from 15-45 minute queues just to enter the dungeon.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gizmo Chicken posted:

https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/15/e3-2017-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/
According to this they're going to combine 50 and 60 DR into one.
Also no head start for having a completed Anima weapon rip

Meh, this is fine. I think headstart was an inducement because of how backbreaking Relics were. I finished 3 this time, as opposed to nearly noping out before finishing a single Anima book.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Weirdly enough I think the job I'm most interested in leveling after Red Mage might be Bard. I was never that interested in it before but it looks like it's going to be really fun in Stormblood. I'll look forward to reading Bard players' impressions I guess.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

hobbesmaster posted:

All ARR data
All HW data
All SB data

That makes sense. I spotted the pvp actions group right away, didn't even think to look at ability ID for the older chunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Failboattootoot posted:

Aurum Vale is a fun dungeon. It isn't really hard but it at least has expectations of the player. It and the Vault are my favorite dungeons. Honorary mention to brayflox hard which I admire because it'sboringly easy but has the decency to end quickly. which I will happily take over all the arbitrary gating in HW.

Worst dungeons in the game are the 2 copperbells.

There's no competition for Thousand Maws of toto-rak and Aurum Vale when it comes to poo poo tier dungeons IMHO.

• Locked thread