Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love most of the dungeons but I hate EXDR because it's only like two of them which gets really boring. I don't know why it can't be a larger rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

IcePhoenix posted:

I love most of the dungeons but I hate EXDR because it's only like two of them which gets really boring. I don't know why it can't be a larger rotation.

Good news! It's going to be 3 dungeons in SB.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
More like 1.5 if it's three for twice as many patch cycles :v:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Wacky Delly posted:

Good news! It's going to be 3 dungeons in SB.

*Monkey Paw Curls*

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Pigbottom posted:

There's no competition for Thousand Maws of toto-rak and Aurum Vale when it comes to poo poo tier dungeons IMHO.

Half the time with AV I get a group that AoEs and pulls properly, and it's a quick run with no issues.

Toto-rak is always Toto-rak, even with a good group.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Putting Toto-rak in the same category as, well, anything, is doing a huge disservice to whatever you pair it with. It's the sole reason I specified level 30+ dungeons.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Also no head start for having a completed Anima weapon rip

What.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

From a new interview: https://gamerescape.com/2017/06/15/e3-2017-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/

quote:

Gamer Escape: Will there be a benefit for completing the Anima weapon for the new relic weapon progression?

Yoshida: Last time with the Anima, it was released in 3.15 and beyond. The next relic type weapon will be planned for 4.15 and beyond. We are planning to make a new sort of relic weapon for this series that is completely different from what we did with the Zodiac Weapons or the Anima Weapons. So while you may have had a bit of an advantage if you had the Zodiac Weapon completed at the time of the start of the Anima Weapon series… this time we are going to have everybody start at the beginning of the series.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

lol if you saw skipping fates as a 'head start'

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
My rage is undying. The only reason I even loving bothered is because I knew it would be easier for me going forward if I just put the work in now. All that time when I could've just been using an Augmented Shire weapon this whole time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They've said a few times now that the process would be very different in Stormblood because they want to tie it in with Eureka.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MotU posted:

i havent played since like alexander turns were still unlocking im scared im gonna be way too overwhelmed coming back at xpac launch

also how I get glasses emote

You have to do the anime schoolboy Scholasticate questline, which isn't as fun as that sounds.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
yoshida has said numerous times he wanted sb to be easier to approach for newcomers

guess it makes sense that it would apply to relics too!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm still going to work on my Anima Weapon.

I think I'm actually going to finish the Aether Oils before the Unidentified things.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SonicRulez posted:

My rage is undying. The only reason I even loving bothered is because I knew it would be easier for me going forward if I just put the work in now. All that time when I could've just been using an Augmented Shire weapon this whole time.

You seriously thought completing an entire anima weapon questline would end up saving you time in the long run? Mulching your ARR relic only skipped the first step of the HW relic, and that step wasn't even all that long.

I don't know what to tell you, man. I did mine for the glamour and have no regrets.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SonicRulez posted:

You were legit dumb then. The zodiac "head start" didn't amount to a whole lot either.

Glamor is, was, and always will be the primary reason to do relics. It's about being fancy.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Big gently caress off to everyone letting me know that I made a mistake. I am aware of that now. I'm not exactly cancelling my sub over it though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SonicRulez posted:

Big gently caress off to everyone letting me know that I made a mistake. I am aware of that now. I'm not exactly cancelling my sub over it though.

You should have been aware of that then too. Doing ARR relic for a head start on Anima is also an idiotic idea even post nerfs. It does not save time in the slightest. Why would this have been any different?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I like toto-rak. Or at least compared to what I've read I don't hate it as much.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My SCH relic is a giant waste because I still can't use it to fly. :argh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shy posted:

I like toto-rak. Or at least compared to what I've read I don't hate it as much.

I've definitely mellowed on it. Now Halatali and Copperbell make my poo poo list.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

what mistake? you got a 275 weapon out of it that looks cool. were you really doing it only for a head start on the next relic weapon? why would you want that one if this one was apparently so useless?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Anima weapons have really cool glam potential at least. Don't feel too bad, you can still look Cool As gently caress, which is the real end game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Shy posted:

Hate's a bit of a strong word. But if I had to rate all the dungeons in the game, it's an easy contender for worst. It only has one boss, it has the annoying slime floors and web walls that just waste time, and the colour palette isn't much to look at even though some of the gelmoran areas have the potential to look kinda neat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Captain Oblivious posted:

You should have been aware of that then too. Doing ARR relic for a head start on Anima is also an idiotic idea even post nerfs. It does not save time in the slightest. Why would this have been any different?

I joined the game around 3.2. I didn't know how the ARR relic was. I was told that catching up was a good idea because it would give you a little headstart and because it's a lot easier to keep up than it is to catch up. Now it doesn't matter.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nice meltdown

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

SonicRulez posted:

i gotta believe you're exaggerating because lmao if you're actually this upset about this

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I would've thought "My rage is undying" was enough of a ridiculous statement to convey my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek. I am a little disappointed, but that's the extent of it really.

Then I let goons get to me with a bunch of :goonsay: and I prolly shouldn't have done that.

A Spider Covets posted:

Anima weapons have really cool glam potential at least. Don't feel too bad, you can still look Cool As gently caress, which is the real end game.

You do have a point there even if I don't like the Sandungs Lux. The previous steps had some stuff.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SonicRulez posted:

I joined the game around 3.2. I didn't know how the ARR relic was. I was told that catching up was a good idea because it would give you a little headstart and because it's a lot easier to keep up than it is to catch up. Now it doesn't matter.

For future reference, anyone who's "getting ready" for future content in any way other than meeting minimum requirements is doing more work ahead of time than they'd have to do if they waited.

e: That doesn't mean people shouldn't do more than the minimum, but it's not a time saver.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 15, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

dogsicle posted:

I've definitely mellowed on it. Now Halatali and Copperbell make my poo poo list.

:same: Copperbell isn't so bad for me since it's at least mercifully short, but Halitali is just a slog. Plus I've been leveling Machinist lately and I just keep getting Halitali and it's driving me insane aaaaaaaa

SonicRulez posted:

Then I let goons get to me with a bunch of :goonsay: and I prolly shouldn't have done that.

My bad dude, wasn't trying to be a dick. Hope the next relic goes your way.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Sinteres posted:

For future reference, anyone who's "getting ready" for future content in any way other than meeting minimum requirements is doing more work ahead of time than they'd have to do if they waited.

Keeping up to date with the Gear Treadmill does this anyway.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thankfully halatali hard is one of the coolest and most memorable dungeons in the game though.

Gird your loins!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I thought the anima head start mattered at least a little, since the original drop rates for the crystals was poo poo so it could have taken quite a bit of time to get them?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I can't stand cutters cry. I don't even know why, but it just feels like the most boring and tedious dungeon.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SettingSun posted:

I thought the anima head start mattered at least a little, since the original drop rates for the crystals was poo poo so it could have taken quite a bit of time to get them?

Sure, but not as much time as doing a full zodiac weapon.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

:same: Copperbell isn't so bad for me since it's at least mercifully short, but Halitali is just a slog. Plus I've been leveling Machinist lately and I just keep getting Halitali and it's driving me insane aaaaaaaa

I just don't get why Halatali had to jump immediately to three bosses (Copperbell's two "mid-bosses" don't count for much) and have two of them spend half their fights in invuln phases. Also the fact that the first boss can be burnt down while ignoring adds (like a lot of 1-50 content) runs counter to later content where adds have to be prioritized.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SettingSun posted:

It certainly saved a few hours, but if I remember right they adjusted the drop rates fairly quickly? Either way at no time in this game would doing your relic for the sole purpose of getting a head start on the next one be advice anyone should give anyone. Relics are cool if you play a lot and can keep up with the grind or if you do it at your own pace for the glamour/novelty of it all.

I personally have an incomplete BRD relic from 2.0 and an incomplete DRK one from 3.0 and I'll probably never finish either. My goal for 4.0 will be to keep up with it on PLD, but we'll see how the content goes.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

need to do hunts for grade 6 materia

pink peanut save me please

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

need to do hunts for grade 6 materia

pink peanut save me please

pink peanut is an early puller and a charlatan

please be careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

A Spider Covets posted:

pink peanut is an early puller and a charlatan

please be careful

pink peanut is my FRIENd

• Locked thread