Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I can't get onto the eShop. This means only one thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Frankston posted:

Stardew valley... it's TIME!!!!!!

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Mega64 posted:

So no co-op with Mario-controlled Luigi and Luigi-controlled Mario?

Why would there be co-op or Luigi in the spiritual sequel to Super Mario 64??

It would ruin the single player exploration experience.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"I don't have to actually do that much" - Sakamoto

it's confirmed, Mother 2 remake will be good

e: Sakamoto's voice sounds a lot like Lupin III's and it's weirding me out

e: they just confirmed Takehiro Izushi, producer of Zero Mission, is helping out on Samus Returns (or maybe it was Takehiko Hosokawa who designed it, I may have misheard, but either one was a lead on Zero Mission)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 15, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Mr President posted:

Why would there be co-op or Luigi in the spiritual sequel to Super Mario 64??

It would ruin the single player exploration experience.

There is co-op, it's just not with Luigi. P2 controls Cappy. Seems slightly better than Galaxy's co-op, but only slightly.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Supero Metroido!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm going to sound like an ungrateful dickhead considering how good Nintendo's E3 was, but the only thing I really REALLY wanted was a Switch Animal Crossing, hopefully something that looks like the AC stage in Mario Kart

Oh well, I'll console myself with the dozen other really good looking Switch games

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Samus Returns looks pretty good, as in this studio can actually produce some results if they want.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

chaleski posted:

I'm going to sound like an ungrateful dickhead considering how good Nintendo's E3 was, but the only thing I really REALLY wanted was a Switch Animal Crossing, hopefully something that looks like the AC stage in Mario Kart

Oh well, I'll console myself with the dozen other really good looking Switch games

It'll come. I agree and really hope it looks more like that track. I'm so sick of the rolling camera.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Quest For Glory II posted:

either rigorously check a stock tracker website or wait for a Splatoon 2 bundle to happen

It was announced a while ago. The full bundle is Japan-only

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/ebf1a792-35f2-11e7-8f53-063b7ac45a6d.html

Australia gets the pro controller, screen protector and carry case but not the joycons

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Frankston posted:

You'll be able to get back on it soon!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bandaid.friend posted:

It was announced a while ago. The full bundle is Japan-only

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/ebf1a792-35f2-11e7-8f53-063b7ac45a6d.html

Australia gets the pro controller, screen protector and carry case but not the joycons
yeah I'm saying wait until it is announced for America which it will. at which point there will be a batch of new shipments

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Frankston posted:

I can't believe after winning E3 Nintendo is finally dead. R.I.P. Nintendo, you had a good run.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm sorry, I misunderstood

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Twitch chat is hilarious. Nothing but limericks about wanting to marry the female hosts and bitching about Smash.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I liked the constant spamming of the complaining of constant spamming

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

yeah I'm saying wait until it is announced for America which it will. at which point there will be a batch of new shipments

You might get the same thing we're getting in Europe: Splatoon 2 bundle with Blue/Red Switch. It's odd that the US hasn't had an announcement when most other territories have, though.

The only JoyCon colours announced to date are grey, red, blue, neon yellow and the Japan-exclusive Splatoon ones, right? I haven't missed any announcements?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress yeah tingle outfit

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Beastie posted:

The Twitch chat is hilarious. Nothing but limericks about wanting to marry the female hosts and bitching about Smash.

Gamers bad
Twitch is lovely
Cappy is rad
Thank you Ninty

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm a little disappointed that Luigi is not playable in Odyssey (he's my favorite and the best), but that's definitely next on my list of games for Switch. Somebody bought me 1-2 Switch as a gift, so I'm excited to play that with the wife.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Luigi could be playable in NG+ like in Galaxy

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Gamers bad
Twitch is lovely
Cappy is rad
Thank you Ninty

this is not even close to a limerick gtfo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Demo for Ever Oasis is actually available now! I just checked.

Edit: And downloaded

Is this Japan accounts only, or what? Search brings up nothing in the e-shop.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mister Facetious posted:

North America. If you're in Europe, then I don't know when or if that's happening.

The actual download is in with the pre-order page. Click that and it will be at the top of the touch screen.

Edit: Also that VVVVVVVVV

I only posted here because it was relevant discussion to those who were also watching the Treehouse stream this morning. Sorry for the confusion.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 15, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

3DS

Mister Facetious posted:

So, not the Switch. Well gently caress that then.

My thoughts exactly.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The 3DS is dead.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The 3DS is dead.

Long live the 3DS.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tender Bender posted:

Without spoiling anything, just based on how the first game went and what we've seen of the second, I would be very surprised if you'd need to have closely followed the characters and plot of the first game instead of just reading a summary.

Oh I know, massive ending spoilers for Xenoblade 1 and what I thought was going into 2 when whatshisface protag mentions a architect part of me thought it might be a term given to Shulk seeing how he kinda overthrows the mechonis and bionis and is told he can shape the world.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh I know, massive ending spoilers for Xenoblade 1 and what I thought was going into 2 when whatshisface protag mentions a architect part of me thought it might be a term given to Shulk seeing how he kinda overthrows the mechonis and bionis and is told he can shape the world.

Rude of Shulk to wield godlike power and not use any of it to fix up his future brother-in-law's busted arm, frankly

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

So, not the Switch. Well gently caress that then.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, that's a good point and would make sense if this is shulk's new world. I still think that, even if that's the case, it's unlikely you'll need to play the first game to follow the story. Especially since, by necessity, a ton of poo poo from the first game wouldn't be around any more to be carried over.

Not saying you can't play the first game on its own merits, of course! But the original question was whether he'd be ok jumping into XC2 without playing the first for the story.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd like to play Xenoblade again but welp that VC didn't work out for Switch so that sucks.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Policenaut posted:

I'd like to play Xenoblade again but welp that VC didn't work out for Switch so that sucks.

If you have a 'new' 3DS or a Wii U it's available on both.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
ARMS dlc info comin up next

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I hope a teaser for the next character

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have it on Wii but never finished it. Do you know if I could play it with Wii U controllers or would I have to bust out a Wii Mote? I really don't want to go digging around my garage.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My dream for arms DLC would be obstacle course levels inspired by Clu Clu Land where you sling shot around or something I don't know.

Thanks for reading.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

HMS Beagle posted:

I have it on Wii but never finished it. Do you know if I could play it with Wii U controllers or would I have to bust out a Wii Mote? I really don't want to go digging around my garage.

You can play it with the GamePad, but not the Pro controller iirc.

Also it's just emulated through the wii mode so if you still have a save file you can still use it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

Wiimote plus nunchuk is possible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah, I actually have both Wii and 3DS versions but that lizard brained urge to buy it again to play on Switch in undocked mode really speaks to me.

• Locked thread