Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In MvC they seem to have replaced dragon punch motions with tapping down twice (Maybe we'll have to wait for Ryu to confirm that.)
It's a shame you could only fight fodder enemies (plus the unbeatable(?) boss) but that demo completely unsold me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Skwirl posted:

Between Mr. Negative being the main villain and Miles Morales being a side character, I bet there are parts of the game where you are an evil Spider-Man, or Miles Morales Spider-Man fights an evil Spider-Man

Miles is the main spider-man that you see in the demo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pretty disappointed by the Spider-Man gameplay demo. It really doesn't seem all that separated from the last gen of Spidey games.
Could never have guessed that I'd come away more interested in Mario/Rabbids :/

Everyone should be looking up the developers on that one before getting excited.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Miles is the main spider-man that you see in the demo.

That would be kind of weird since Miles is with Ganke taking pictures from the street while Spiderman stops the helicopter from falling.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

muscles like this! posted:

A really weird thing about MvC is how they're using the design from the terrible Bionic Commando game that sold poorly and was a joke among fans for its ludicrous ending.

I hope Mike Patton is still the VA for him

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That would be kind of weird since Miles is with Ganke taking pictures from the street while Spiderman stops the helicopter from falling.

Yeah not seeing why people are saying Miles is the main Spiderman just based on that trailer (unless some official press release is saying that is the case, I can't be arsed to look right now), I saw a few game news stories with that as the headline, though looking now, they might have been deleted. Feel like they might get some backlash from that if that turns out to not be the case.

Trailer was cool, made me hopeful that this'll be the Spiderman take on the Arkham games, where they just set it in an established world where Spidey has been Spidey for awhile, they can just use a bunch of his villains and make a drat good Spiderman game. Only thing I don't like is the costume, feel like the Spiderman costume has remained largely unchanged for a reason.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 13, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Pete is definitely the Spidey being controlled in that demo, he even uses that name in the dialogue, it's a Peter-Spidey colour-scheme on the suit and it's based on the late BND/early Slott run with the vigilante police captain and Mr Negative.

However, I can certainly see them doing a duelling Spider-Men thing with Mr Negative as the opening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Trailer was cool, made me hopeful that this'll be the Spiderman take on the Arkham games, where they just set it in an established world where Spidey has been Spidey for awhile, they can just use a bunch of his villains and make a drat good Spiderman game. Only thing I don't like is the costume, feel like the Spiderman costume has remained largely unchanged for a reason.

They actually already did that with the last Spider-Man game. It was pretty good.

(The current Spider-Man costume in the comics is a neon mess incidentally.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

In MvC they seem to have replaced dragon punch motions with tapping down twice (Maybe we'll have to wait for Ryu to confirm that.)

I think Giant Bomb was talking about that a few weeks ago at a preview, so it's more or less the direction they're moving in.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don't mind the new costume
And holy hell does the game look pretty and play fluid. Hopefully it lives up to the demo they played and isn't all watered down when it comes out. I really dig how Spidey's fighting style is based on using the enemies' own weight against them rather than just straight up fist fighting.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
There was an interview floating around yesterday talking about how it was Miles and he was older and more experienced. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: evidently I misunderstood, both Miles and Peter are in it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I don't know why people were confused with that. It probably does even partially explain the decision for the larger white spider on Peter's suit, so it contrasts more with what Miles' suit looks like.

Hyped for that game, even if it is borrowing a lot from the Arkham games. But I don't care what they rip things off from, so long as the game is good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming anyone confused about it didn't actually watch the full trailer to the end since the Miles thing is like the very last bit they showed.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

most likely not since it was after the wrap-up trailers shown at the end of the presentation. comic books are post-crediting e3 presentations now :v:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

One thing interesting about that Spider-Man demo is that the mini-map in the corner shows the surrounding city, so I wonder if it's going to be like AC: Syndicate or Arkham Knight where there are encounters that you can begin approaching from any angle and leave whenever you want.

Skwirl posted:

Between Mr. Negative being the main villain and Miles Morales being a side character, I bet there are parts of the game where you are an evil Spider-Man, or Miles Morales Spider-Man fights an evil Spider-Man

He's the main villain? That' surprising. In hindsight it makes sense because his goons have now been the focus of both the first trailer and this recent demo but I thought they were just doing that to show off the game while keeping the others hidden.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Lobok posted:

He's the main villain? That' surprising. In hindsight it makes sense because his goons have now been the focus of both the first trailer and this recent demo but I thought they were just doing that to show off the game while keeping the others hidden.

There will probably be a twist, Spiderman villains traditionally team up a lot more than Batman villains so they don't have to jump through as many hoops plot wise to get a good "All of my villains are teaming up to fight me?" story going. I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of the plot is a bunch of crimelords fighting a gang war while the costumed supervillains are doing their own poo poo. Osborne is running for mayor according to that billboard as well so they might have something with him too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

People are just assuming that Mr. Negative is the main villain because he was the focus of the gameplay sequence, but Kingpin showed up in that too and I doubt Mr. Negative is going to be the focus of the entire game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kelp Plankton posted:

People are just assuming that Mr. Negative is the main villain because he was the focus of the gameplay sequence, but Kingpin showed up in that too and I doubt Mr. Negative is going to be the focus of the entire game

No the one off villain no one cares about is definitely the big bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Negative is p cool actually

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Doesn't contradict.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Everyone should be looking up the developers on that one before getting excited.

Well, yeah. Mario by way of Ubi was the initial worry all through the leaks, but the presentation sold me.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Really dig the combat, but the swinging is not there yet. Which I understand, they both had to show webswings but also that would be one of the last bits to be properly finalized. Combat is looking amazing. My only issue is that this segment is so cinematic and tightly controlled, like a turn to the right would've crashed things, so it doesn't feel as representative of the game as i'd like. I hope it gets tuned up by the time it comes out because so far it looks like an alright spidey game but with AAA production values and a dope-rear end combat system.

It's not coming out for at least another year (and if I had to guess, it probably wouldn't be until Q3 2018 at the soonest), there's plenty of time to tighten things up.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Guys help I really like playing as Red Hood in Injustice :(

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

hup posted:

Guys help I really like playing as Red Hood Kylo Ren in Injustice :(

Shame on you.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

hup posted:

Guys help I really like playing as Red Hood in Injustice :(

DT has another convert.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I never meant for this to happen. Tell my wife I loved her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hup posted:

I'm not talking to an anime body pillow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh sure, Red Hood is where it starts. Pretty soon, you'll be maining Deadpool in Marvel 3, and then where will you be?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I already did because I am BAD AT VIDEO GAMES

have gun will shoot

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

hup posted:

She knows!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Man does Infinite look like a piece of crap.

I'm way more excited about the DBZ fighter that's coming out for god's sake.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

To be fair, that DBZ game looks hype as gently caress

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So I played MvCI and it's...not that good? Why is it not that good?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SonicRulez posted:

Because Capcom made it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Couple reasons off the top of my head.
1. Graphics are sup-par
2. The roster is uninspiring
3. They made it 2v2 for no discernible reason.
4. They got rid of the fun/importance of having a good team composition by removing assists, replacing those with gems.
5. Lot of the characters are just copy and pasted from mvc 3.
6. Gameplay seems kinda clunky (at least in the video's I've seen.)

I was hoping that Capcom learned their lessons from the shitshow that was sf5 but nope.

As Roth said at least DBZ looks super hype.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, DBZ is technically a comic book video game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Why do they keep using the bad version of Rad Spencer?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Why do they keep using the bad version of Rad Spencer?

ComboFiend, a ex-pro FGC dude who now works for capcom likes him

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

FutureFriend posted:

ComboFiend, a ex-pro FGC dude who now works for capcom likes him

But they can just use the classic Rad look and give him the same moveset. Pretty sure one of his DLC outfits in MVC3 was the classic look even!

Unless he just really liked dreadlocked, dead wife armed Rad Spencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I knew they took out assists. I thought I just couldn't figure the button like some kind of idiot. The gems weren't even cool.