Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

this game is only good for the first 500-1000 hours

hope this helps with your financial planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

This game isn't great, there's lots of things you could pick apart. However, the people who don't like this game seem to have some weird personal vendetta against it.

Being jilted over 1000 hours of play is something I'll never understand.

Game is still kinda fun if you don't have too high of standards.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The two things that set this game apart are the retention of skill points over a boring Diablo 3 sort of system, and the amazing fast travel speed and movement based powers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ponzicar posted:

The two things that set this game apart are the retention of skill points over a boring Diablo 3 sort of system, and the amazing fast travel speed and movement based powers.

I see you haven't played since the BUE

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's literally the joke.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

My Gimmick Name posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is nested sarcasm or missing the sarcasm. Well done.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Have you played the other 2 arpgs worth mentioning for a decent amount of time? 200+ hours.

I have for PoE and D3, not to mention Titan Quest, Torchlight, and thousands of hours in D2. This game is good, entertaining, and engaging enough to have kept me playing for 6000+ hours. D3 and PoE got boring very fast for me and never really sucked me in. But now that I'm almost out of heroes to level and ttk, I'm taking sort of a break again.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Much like Lozareth, Im also finally at the point where I'm out of content, being levelling heroes or just new things to murder. I have like 5k+ hours in the game. That's great value for money and good variety. I've played other ARPGs before but none held my attention all that much. Only ones of any note in recent memory are Titan Fall and Grim Dawn. Try Grim Dawn if you haven't, btw, it's pretty great. Everything else I got real bored of very quickly.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

ponzicar posted:

I was thinking earlier today that I'd love if they just had a special event weekend where they give us our old travel powers back.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cams posted:

"YOU LIKE THING? I HATE THING! AND I'M RIGHT!" - a generation of defective human beings

nice grilled cheese

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
I didn't know I ventured into O forum within SA.

The game was good. Stopped playing since no new content and I probably won't go back. Life is short and I got other games to burn as well. My only issue is that I have 200k of Gazbucks sitting on my account with 5k splinter. I am a grade A moron when it comes to hoarding

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

davebo posted:

I was thinking earlier today that I'd love if they just had a special event weekend where they give us our old travel powers back.

For one weekend only you can drive the Punisher's battlevan.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

The game was good. Stopped playing since no new content and I probably won't go back. Life is short and I got other games to burn as well. My only issue is that I have 200k of Gazbucks sitting on my account with 5k splinter. I am a grade A moron when it comes to hoarding

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do you think those artists just rub the cursor on all the crotches as they make characters? Cause I know I would.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

jujojoh posted:

Should give people presents!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i will probably not touch the pc version again once this event is done, but i am enjoying the rate at which i can rack up free costumes in this event. 1-60 takes 30-45 minutes, so i can just blow through prestiges.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My Gimmick Name posted:

If you play for 1000 hours and then the game stops being fun it feels like your time/money investment has been wasted.

That's my guess anyway.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people who base a large portion of their identity and time on "playing and discussing video games" are, mostly, defective human beings who believe they are part of some community with value instead of being worthless garbage people who whine on the internet about the quality of their toys.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am more mature and a better man from my 3,000 hours personally.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
People are mad and sad because game was cool and rad, but is now dead and bad. People invested a lot of time, money and energy into the game and that is now wasted because the devs are incompetent. People don't like the feeling of losing stuff they once had.

Best part of the MH experiencewas the Groot force community, ICR's tournaments, and punchy's David Lynch Photoshops. All I got for my 6,698 hours played was a Wawa hat. Worth it.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I mostly miss the raccoon GIFs

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gibbering Madness posted:

People are mad and sad because game was cool and rad, but is now dead and bad. People invested a lot of time, money and energy into the game and that is now wasted because the devs are incompetent. People don't like the feeling of losing stuff they once had.

Best part of the MH experiencewas the Groot force community, ICR's tournaments, and punchy's David Lynch Photoshops. All I got for my 6,698 hours played was a Wawa hat. Worth it.
hi, there is not a single possible situation where the time, money, and energy spent on this toy would not be "wasted." the fact that you think otherwise is indicative of your brain being defective. fix yourself.

euthanize all gamers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am more mature and a better man from my 3,000 hours personally.

listen here you defective human being

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

listen here you defective human being
lol do not lump icr in with your poo poo, he's a cool guy who did a good job of enriching the experiences of people who played this game

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

lol do not lump icr in with your poo poo, he's a cool guy who did a good job of enriching the experiences of people who played this game

Yeah, it was a lot of fun playing this video game with him. Sucks that it isn't the case anymore.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cams posted:

hi, there is not a single possible situation where the time, money, and energy spent on this toy would not be "wasted." the fact that you think otherwise is indicative of your brain being defective. fix yourself.

euthanize all gamers.

What if you bought some characters and then the game got shut down before you played them?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

cams posted:

euthanize all gamers.

Kindly go suck a freaking disneydick

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

cams posted:

euthanize all gamers.

stop projecting

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grinning Goblin posted:

Yeah, it was a lot of fun playing this video game with him. Sucks that it isn't the case anymore.

cams posted:

Too kind y'all. Much love brodawgs. Trust me, I miss playing this with you all, but you know the state many of us are in. It is what it is and I cherish the good times.

If I was thinking, "Man, what would be the next step for our awesome goon community here (and honestly, our little Marvel gamers community is the best on SA), it would be to find the next game we can all jump to."

And I mean all of us. That's not very realistic but hopefully we can find it. I love our Future Fight community but trust me, I get that it's not for all of us. I do love it though.

I secretly always hope it'll be PoE and with the new expansion that seems loaded, I don't know. But we just gotta find the right game and uproot, my friends. That's kinda my "SA Gaming Dream" right now.

Our chat and gaming in MH was incredible fun. So many unbelievable memories that made my late 20s and early 30s pretty drat cool.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've never played an mmo this much before but I always just assumed it'd have a shelf-life for me based on the fact that I am not still playing Super Mario Bros on my NES.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

would play video games with yall

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

BabyFur Denny posted:

I mostly miss the raccoon GIFs

Then you'll probably enjoy PYF Raccoon. 48 pages of racon bliss.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

Then you'll probably enjoy PYF Raccoon. 48 pages of racon bliss.

I admit it. I've read every page and have it bookmarked. I suggest all of you bookmark this if you want to keep posting in superior marvel heroes thread.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

stash space is 25% off. is this the first time they did a stash sale in 4 years, or was i just not playing when they did

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

i suggest we all move to stellar upcoming pyramid scheme mmo, Asses of Creation

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I secretly always hope it'll be PoE and with the new expansion that seems loaded, I don't know. But we just gotta find the right game and uproot, my friends. That's kinda my "SA Gaming Dream" right now. .

https://twitter.com/davidbrevik/status/875493173954461697

brevo got you covered icr

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh perfect. I'm ready to fall for the Brevik trap again.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

cams posted:

oh no i got my rogue to cosmic 60, it loving sucked once i hit the late 40s. that was one of the longest breaks i ever took from this game.

came back and finished her off when there was some insane event like there is now.

quoting so we can all have proof of how low effort Cams is in all aspects of life. posting, levelling, probably eats at sheetz too. This is why being yellow is meaningless.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh perfect. I'm ready to fall for the Brevik trap again.

it has PIXEL ART and RANDOMNESS and NO NAME YET

what more could you want?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it has PIXEL ART and RANDOMNESS and NO NAME YET

what more could you want?!

It's actually more than I expected from Brevik. Crazy to think the guy was a "god" in the 90s and 2000s and now in 2017, I think he is horrendous and needs to hang it up.