Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They put Thanos (not bad old mvc game thanos) and Sigma into the same game and still managed to make me hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Look, cams is kind of an idiot but you don't need to double down on it.

I honestly agree with this. As much as I don't like cams, he does not need to be made out to be a gross subhuman when he makes enough lovely posts on his own to show how dumb he is.

cams posted:

being repeatedly falsely accused of beating women has convinced me that there is nothing at all toxic or disgusting about this internet community, you guys are all healthy individuals engaging with intellectual honesty

You have no right to be criticizing others for saying gross poo poo, lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

They put Thanos (not bad old mvc game thanos) and Sigma into the same game and still managed to make me hate it.
mvc2 thanos owned for how lame all his moves are and going 'thanos reigns'

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

If he didn't actually assault his girlfriend then I apologize for that particular statement but for nothing else I've said.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

If he didn't actually assault his girlfriend then I apologize for that particular statement but for nothing else I've said.

dude if i did know that was bs you should've known because that's the only environment it came out in so gently caress off

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

You have no right to be criticizing others for saying gross poo poo, lmao
no you're right, i deserve to be accused repeatedly of assaulting women because i said euthanize all gamers.

NecroMonster posted:

hahahaha you guys are such pieces of poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also thanos just going "Pray.' on switch-in is the most badass switch-in quote in fighting games

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They got Sagat's voice actor to voice Thanos and he sounds pretty cool, that is the only amount of good voice acting they could muster up for this game. There, that is my compliment for this game.

cams posted:

no you're right, i deserve to be accused repeatedly of assaulting women because i said euthanize all gamers.

Yeah you said a lovely thing and then got a lovely thing said back to you for it, congrats. For someone who dishes out a lot of dirt, when it gets dished out back to you you fold like a coward and start trying to play the victim, which is what's really amusing.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 15, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I really really don't pay much attention to anything Dias

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I agree about euthanize all gamers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

I really really don't pay much attention to anything Dias

I mean, it's clear you're an imbecile, but I guess that's just how we're gonna proceed with life. GL.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I thought you were going cams

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

I mean, it's clear you're an imbecile, but I guess that's just how we're gonna proceed with life. GL.

lmao

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah you said a lovely thing and then got a lovely thing said back to you for it, congrats. For someone who dishes out a lot of dirt, when it gets dished out back to you you fold like a coward and start trying to play the victim, which is what's really amusing.
"you disparaged the way we posted on an internet forum, we accused you of beating women, we're all just playing dawg."

i fully admit that every time i come into these threads it is a mistake because it is so loving gross

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but seriously, why are people accusing cams of beating women?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Part of the reason why people are making GBS threads on these games so much is because, get this, they also really like fighting games and are genuinely disappointed when Capcom shits things out like sfv and now mvci which appears to be comparable in quality. Nobody is stopping you from enjoying flawed or even bad games cams but there exists opinions more nuanced than "lmao i just buy and enjoy stuff i like well cya!!"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

if you know the original content you know this, because interro backed off of mistaking him from "someone else" like two posts into that convo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i can't believe spider-man and wolverine aren't in this game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

if you know the original content you know this, because interro backed off of mistaking him from "someone else" like two posts into that convo.

i don't know the original content lol

thanks for the clarification

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NecroMonster posted:

Because interro made a gently caress up where he thought cams beat his gf and later apologized for the gently caress up.

cams posted:

"you disparaged the way we posted on an internet forum, we accused you of beating women, we're all just playing dawg."

i fully admit that every time i come into these threads it is a mistake because it is so loving gross

Lol I didn't even say you beat women and in fact said you didn't deserve that level of shade thrown at you, but keep playing the victim dude.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i don't know the original content lol

thanks for the clarification

how the gently caress do you know that then, because that's the only time it came up here? Y'know what, whatever. Back to talking poo poo about this game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Carew posted:

Part of the reason why people are making GBS threads on these games so much is because, get this, they also really like fighting games and are genuinely disappointed when Capcom shits things out like sfv and now mvci which appears to be comparable in quality. Nobody is stopping you from enjoying flawed or even bad games cams but there exists opinions more nuanced than "lmao i just buy and enjoy stuff i like well cya!!"
yes and that more nuanced opinion is 3 pages of "i haven't played this game but it's poo poo and the people saying it's poo poo are lying."

i criticized that, then everyone came out with their rationalization for why criticizing that is in itself wrong. then i got personally attacked, then 3 people started talking about how i beat women.

there is nothing at all toxic about this community and the people in it are healthy individuals with perspective on life.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

how the gently caress do you know that then, because that's the only time it came up here? Y'know what, whatever. Back to talking poo poo about this game.

people were accusing him of beating his girlfriend on last page of the thread?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

KungFu Grip posted:

i can't believe spider-man and wolverine aren't in this game

I can understand why no mutants and them nickel and diming every new character, but how the hell did they skip out on Spiderman?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spider-Man is in the game, they've already found him in the files

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

yes and that more nuanced opinion is 3 pages of "i haven't played this game but it's poo poo and the people saying it's poo poo are lying."

i criticized that, then everyone came out with their rationalization for why criticizing that is in itself wrong. then i got personally attacked, then 3 people started talking about how i beat women.

there is nothing at all toxic about this community and the people in it are healthy individuals with perspective on life.
you have like 20 probations for telling people to kill themselves

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

people were accusing him of beating his girlfriend on last page of the thread?

Kay, guess you got all that context from one post. I apologize then. Stupid thing to go hard on outta a post sayin' "beat his gf with a gamecube" tho. Just sayin'.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i go nothing but hard and stupid

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
nobody kill yourselF! just keep posting. never stop posting

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Endorph posted:

wow that rap sheet is worse than MvCI

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

wow that rap sheet is worse than MvCI
and has more free content

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Anyway, the worst thing about capcom recruiting "trusted" players to talk up their stuff isn't that they change peoples minds, rather it silences these players ability to be critical of these games.

It's probably no mistake that capcom only started to really push this strategy after SFxT.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i go nothing but hard and stupid

and man it shows

Did anyone post the Combofiend stuff showing off mechanics thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4syv7S10C7Q

I think the two interesting things are 8-way dashes still being in (so there are still triangle jumps) and you being able to hyper hop with super jump. At least they didn't COMPLETELY destroy Marvel mixups.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean fwiw, I don't doubt dudes like Justin or Ultrachen or Floe actually do enjoy the gameplay while criticizing everything else, especially Justin who just loves the poo poo he does in general regardless of what other people think.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

oh yeah, i don't regret a single one of those. i'm just racking up probations when i'm stressed. every minute i spend probated is a gift to me and to you.

baal is right, i do deserve it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My favorite character is cams, with the Nintendo game cube assist. Which is a 10-0 MU against cams' girlfriend

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

My favorite character is cams, with the Nintendo game cube assist. Which is a 10-0 MU against cams' girlfriend
kill yourself :)

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I remember being pretty hype when they announced a story mode. I thought that their may be a lot of fun interactions between the characters.

how times change.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I played the demo and enjoyed it, I'm a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harlock posted:

I played the demo and enjoyed it, I'm a monster

And the demo steals the soul of another one.

We are "doomed."

Because you know, Dr. Doom, he is in this of course.

• Locked thread