Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Yug posted:

I don't think minimum wage statistics is evidence of trump's corruption though. So far I have seen no evidence of trump's corruption. Aesop continues to be evasive and talk about anything except actual evidence for his claim of trump's corruption.

my evidence for trump's corruption is, his blood pact with shog'gar qambh and the upside down pentagrams seared into his pupils that you can only see in the dark because they glow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

You're really trying to push a meltdown that pretty obviously isn't going to happen. I don't even really know much about you other than you're annoying and your attempts to troll people are just to repeat things over and over and you have an entire post history of ignoring people's evidence even if they bother with it. I'm probably just going to stop talking to you cause you're not fun, which is the worst sin a poster can commit in my mind. From now on I will respond to you with chill songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWwZ7S4nzmo

This is more meltdown and more evasion and still no evidence of Trump's corruption.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

If they were gonna do that, why report civilian casualties at all?

Also, sorry, but US foreign policy is broke as hell right now because people encourage otherizing the the Middle East and then flexing the military muscle in an attempt to make people forcibly adopt corporate-capitalist values. I mean, the truth is, even Sainted Bernie himself would've probably allowed the drone strike programs to occur so without a fundamental shift in how we view our role internationally, that poo poo isn't gonna change.

I agree with this mostly.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yug posted:

This is more meltdown and more evasion and still no evidence of Trump's corruption.

Thats a pretty laid back meltdown

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Thats a pretty laid back meltdown

He's been posting nothing but angry words about how much i suck as a poster because I want evidence of his claims. That's classic meltdown.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

like seriously I have no idea what's going on itt right now but everyone should go watch Hypernormalization so we can discuss it

hate Trump?

hate Clinton?

no matter what side you are on if you all watch it and then come back in we can all hold hands and scream "everything is a lie and goddamnit poo poo is hosed up"

I watched like a ~20 min. excerpt a while back. I enjoyed it, but I recall bemusement at a couple of supposedly shocking "revelations" that were only that to the ignorant or naive.

I'm not hot on any documentaries, but I'll see if I can't take a deeper dive into this one because I like you, Bluetrain, and the people who recommended the documentary previously. Also, that excerpt was some of the least worst doc footage I've seen. (I really hate them so much.)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm actually trying to think of meaningful differences under a pence presidency

-same lovely healthcare bill

-same neocon government, though probably more fully staffed

-probably wouldn't have done the travel ban? But that's been effectively shut down already so no real diff, though probably wouldn't have tweeted evidence that helped stopped it

-would not have put his son-in-law in charge of the gov

-would not have touched the orb

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjVS-kdOgk

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Yug posted:

He's been posting nothing but angry words about how much i suck as a poster because I want evidence of his claims. That's classic meltdown.

I think that's just pointing out the obvious.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
It's almost Friday again and this week's scandal hasn't even gotten off the ground yet. Looks like the Don slips away again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Wanna touch

Wolfsheim posted:

-probably wouldn't have done the travel ban? But that's been effectively shut down already so no real diff, though probably wouldn't have tweeted evidence that helped stopped it

Not without his wife present anyway.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I think that's just pointing out the obvious.

That's he's having a very angry meltdown? I mean I think it's pretty obvious. He got shamed in the lol trump's fine thread, how can he ever recover now?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wolfsheim posted:

Would not have ended TPP.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Wolfsheim posted:

Pence is one of the most Evangelical Republicans left, which basically means instead of the wall there'd be a push to roll back Obergefell v. Hodges and instead of threatening to invade North Korea he'd threaten to invade Palestine and Iran. Pence isn't a particularly competent politician but next to Trump anyone looks like a genius.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Yug posted:

That's he's having a very angry meltdown? I mean I think it's pretty obvious. He got shamed in the lol trump's fine thread, how can he ever recover now?

Lol dude

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Instead of doing under cover sting operations to convince actual literal retards to join isis and plant bombs the FBI is giving them, they should just go under cover as lobbyists and bribe politicians. Seems like it would be the easiest slam dunk in the world.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yug posted:

also, you suck

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Heaven Spacey posted:

Pence is one of the most Evangelical Republicans left, which basically means instead of the wall there'd be a push to roll back Obergefell v. Hodges and instead of threatening to invade North Korea he'd threaten to invade Palestine and Iran. Pence isn't a particularly competent politician but next to Trump anyone looks like a genius.

Yeah, I think he'd be worse than trump in a lot of ways. It's like having to pick what color the boots they're going to kick you in the face with are.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pence would be a lot worse.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Heaven Spacey posted:

Tillerson is already calling for regime change in iran and the wall was never actually happening anyway though

Also I'm not sure there's an appreciable difference between pandering to hardcore evangelicals and being one when the end result is basically the same

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Yug posted:

Pence would be a lot worse.

If for no other reason than the fact that he knows government well enough that he would accomplished a great deal more at this point in the term I'm inclined to agree.

I'm just happy we avoided to President Cruz timeline

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3MM6JHZ_I

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

If for no other reason than the fact that he knows government well enough that he would accomplished a great deal more at this point in the term I'm inclined to agree.

I'm just happy we avoided to President Cruz timeline

President Cruz would be the absolute worst. When Cruz won Wisconsin is when I had my election meltdown. I would be a broke brained under a Cruz presidency to be sure.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

This youtube video is not evidence of Trump's corruption.

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I doubt he took money personally. I'm sure it's some stupid attenuated 4 degrees of separation bullshit . Asking for the tax returns is like asking for the birth certificate in terms of stupidity.

Well, generally when you take Russian Mafia money you don't just transfer it directly from Ivan's Mobsky's bank account to yours

Trump has burned so many American and European banks by being a bill-stiffing shithead and going bankrupt 3 times, no one with sense wants to lend to him. In steps some "very legitimate" Russian "businessmen" willing to let him launder... I mean borrow their money. For very reasonable rates.

I think this is the real reason Trump's acting so guilty. He may or may not have been directly involved with the DNC hacking shenanigans (my money's on not, I think some combo of Stone/Flynn/Manafort was probably running the American end of that op), but he's probably terrified that if people poke into his affairs enough, they'll find out he's in hock to Russian mobsters and probably broke all kinds of laws to get there

quote:

And pretty lol for the Democrats to suddenly pretend to care about taking foreign money

yeah who cares if the President potentially owes millions to anyone, let alone a foreign power. It's not like they can threaten to call in their debts or anything

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nut to Butt posted:

I watched like a ~20 min. excerpt a while back. I enjoyed it, but I recall bemusement at a couple of supposedly shocking "revelations" that were only that to the ignorant or naive.

I'm not hot on any documentaries, but I'll see if I can't take a deeper dive into this one because I like you, Bluetrain, and the people who recommended the documentary previously. Also, that excerpt was some of the least worst doc footage I've seen. (I really hate them so much.)

it's one of those types of documentaries that doesn't really work in small bites, the whole point of it is how many small incidents between people like Trump, the Assads, the internet, NY in the 70's, just a wide range of things is interconnected and directly related to each other

a lot of it is common knowledge but you'd really have to be a policy wonk or a fan of geopolitics in general to see the wider picture it tries to paint

e- also it's unbiased as gently caress, if I could distill it down to one phrase it's "the people in power have no idea what to do in an increasingly complex world, and the general populace has willingly let that happen"

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 15, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hobelhouse posted:

yeah who cares if the President potentially owes millions to anyone, let alone a foreign power. It's not like they can threaten to call in their debts or anything

The point was Dems take it too and specifically Hillary took a poo poo ton from Saudi Arabia

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

This youtube video is not evidence of Trump's corruption.

Sometimes I like you :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky9Ro9pP2gc

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trump Derangement Syndrome folks. It could happen to someone you love. It could even happen to... you!

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord

Blue Train posted:

The point was Dems take it too and specifically Hillary took a poo poo ton from Saudi Arabia

I don't recall Hillary getting mob loans

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

His spiritual corruption. You can just take one look at the guy and be like "there's a fat dumbass piece of poo poo right there, what a loser, hate that guy, burn in hell"

Jesus knocks on Donald's door, but he gets stopped by the doorman :(

VikingSkull posted:

the only corruption that matters is the corruption of the few lines of code underpinning our simulated universe that allowed this reality to become possible

Just let it crash, lol.

Restart and skip safe mode.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

Trump Derangement Syndrome folks. It could happen to someone you love. It could even happen to... you!

Sometimes I don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBacZDDjScg

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Yug posted:

hey if you wanna read mad words about corruption and stuff you can click my ? as well

Hobelhouse posted:

I think this is the real reason Trump's acting so guilty. He may or may not have been directly involved with the DNC hacking shenanigans (my money's on not, I think some combo of Stone/Flynn/Manafort was probably running the American end of that op), but he's probably terrified that if people poke into his affairs enough, they'll find out he's in hock to Russian mobsters and probably broke all kinds of laws to get there

yeah I think it's pretty obvious he wasn't directly involved with any russian spycraft - there's no way that the FSB would give any information to the type of person who would ask them to hack clinton during a nationally televised press conference. believing that he's a mastermind is the domain of Still With Her hillarymen who can't accept that donald j trump is the legally elected president of the united states. it's pretty clear that trump personally is the definition of useful idiot and may honestly be unaware that he's doing anything wrong - even before his neural degradation started accelerating. I have to wonder if this whole investigative process could take so long that he'd escape jail time on a purely humanitarian "he's hardly sentient any more" reasoning.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Hobelhouse posted:

I don't recall Hillary getting mob loans

that's a dilemma. which is worse? russian mob or wahhabists?

the lesser evil is still evil

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rezatahs posted:

How about both since trump supports Saudi Arabia and Russia, and the Russian mob might as well be the Russian government at this point

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
President Mike Pence, you say?

:pcgaming:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
what up

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Aesop Poprock posted:

How about both since trump supports Saudi Arabia and Russia, and the Russian mob might as well be the Russian government at this point

this is when you must ask yourself, does America support Saudi Arabia? or does America support a destabilized and fractured middle east?

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Buglord

rezatahs posted:

I don't recall the time Hillary took loans from the Saudis to keep her ongoing business operation afloat

Influence peddling through donations is lovely and should be banned and is reason #346 Hillary was a terrible candidate but there's that and then there's literally being owned by a foreign power

Prince Whatever calls up President Hillary and says "Hey, we donated to your Foundation... go gently caress up Iran for us OK? Or maybe no more donation, see?" President Hillary says "Lol, that's only 5.2% of our donations, gently caress off"

Putin's guy calls up President Trump and says "Hey, our boys kept you afloat after literally no one else would lend to you, you still owe us money, and if you don't get sanctions lifted on us, we're going to call in your debt, crash your business empire, and reveal all the laws you broke by taking money from us?"

never mind, the first scenario is clearly worse, full nihilism now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

this is when you must ask yourself, does America support Saudi Arabia? or does America support a destabilized and fractured middle east?

Why not both?

• Locked thread