Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

I think it's in the same rarity tier as Soul Taker, but only drops in maps while Soul Taker can be found for pretty much all of Merciless :shrug: It's always been a decently rare item, it's just the supply eclipses the demand because ~pure armor shield~.

Yeah but even if they got insta-bought I'd imagine they should still show up on poe.trade for a bit though, unless they're only sold in trade chat or some poo poo. Guess the map-only thing is the main culprit. They seem to be showing up now at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Is there a date on the next beta patch? I really want to check out Decay on ED.

Also, the buff no one seems to be talking about: ED no longer has to have a 4-off chromatic roll on their six-link. Decay and Efficacy mean that you now only need 2-off!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Also, the buff no one seems to be talking about : ED no longer has to have a 4-off chromatic roll on their six-link. Decay and Efficacy mean that you now only need 2-off!
oh poo poo

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Is there a date on the next beta patch? I really want to check out Decay on ED.

Also, the buff no one seems to be talking about : ED no longer has to have a 4-off chromatic roll on their six-link. Decay and Efficacy mean that you now only need 2-off!

They said next week, along with a wipe.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is the mystery box for reaching level 10 during a race something you get per-race or just a one and done thing.

only one and done, yeah

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I thought that Decay was coming 'this week sometime', and a wipe was coming after that? That kinda sucks since I pushed an ED Witch to 80 here in preparation for Decay...

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Yeah, there's an update with new jewels and some bug fixes this week at some point, and then a full wipe along with act8 next week.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911656

no specific dates that i know of though.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
How does something like "melee crit chance" interact with frost blades? If the melee portion crits, won't the projectile portion crit too?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

How does something like "melee crit chance" interact with frost blades? If the melee portion crits, won't the projectile portion crit too?

I'm running a Frost Blades build myself and from what I've read the projectiles don't benefit independently from your melee crit chance. They do however share the same roll from the initial melee hit, so you could potentially crit with a low roll on the melee portion because your chance is higher but fail all the checks afterward on the projectile portion. Conversely with a high enough roll everything will crit.

Keep in mind I could be wrong, the few posts I've found explaining this (albeit all saying the same thing) have given no sources or math. It sounds convoluted.

Edit: I guess if this is how the interaction actually works it's not too hard to follow.

Melee hit: melee crit chance+global crit chance
Projectiles: projectile crit chance+global crit chance

One roll per shot tho

Goo P-Nut Sack fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 15, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah each attack has a crit roll from 1 to 100. If your crit chance on that attack is 75%, the game just checks if your roll was greater than 25. So if you roll a 40, and the melee part has 75% crit chance, while the projectile has 50% crit chance, the game will say "is the crit roll over 25? Yes? Melee part crits. Is the crit roll over 50? No? Ranged part doesn't crit."

I believe assassin's mark just adds a flat number to your crit roll, while lucky crits just rolls your crit twice per attack and takes the higher number.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I am doing pure phys cleave with Multistrike-Melee Phys-Brutality-Chance to Bleed-Inc AOE I think.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I really want to do frost blades in the new beta/league, but it's single target is awful poo poo, and with boss hp going up 1.5x-2x, that makes fights really loving painful. Might go ice shot raider, which is a similar tree anyways, and at least i'll also have, uhh, barrage?? drat, gotta figure out a single target solution for ice shot.

e: lightning strike might be a lot better next league due to clearing up the ground clutter. if that's the case it's a pretty strong contender...

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 16, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

I really want to do frost blades in the new beta/league, but it's single target is awful poo poo, and with boss hp going up 1.5x-2x, that makes fights really loving painful. Might go ice shot raider, which is a similar tree anyways, and at least i'll also have, uhh, barrage?? drat, gotta figure out a single target solution for ice shot.

e: lightning strike might be a lot better next league due to clearing up the ground clutter. if that's the case it's a pretty strong contender...

Frost Blades single target is great with the threshold jewel. 30% single target cold pen with two jewels.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
If you're going crit just slam vaal lightning strike in a 4-link, deals a shitload of damage and on a crit it'll keep anything shocked for a good 10 seconds. Once you're decently in to mapping upgrade it by crafting a pair of gloves or helmet with one of the corrupted essences. The only downside is that you have to actually melee someone with it instead of using Frost Blades's hosed up pseudo-melee range.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Count Uvula posted:

If you're going crit just slam vaal lightning strike in a 4-link, deals a shitload of damage and on a crit it'll keep anything shocked for a good 10 seconds. Once you're decently in to mapping upgrade it by crafting a pair of gloves or helmet with one of the corrupted essences. The only downside is that you have to actually melee someone with it instead of using Frost Blades's hosed up pseudo-melee range.

VLS is a lot less good in beta now that you can't use multistrike and spell echo with vaal skills.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i threw together a marauder ignite build in path of building but couldn't really get it past 39k dps/15kignite, using either dyadus or martyr of innocence, doing frost blades w conversion to fire. i thought it might be good because those weapons have the high fire damage, but bc the physical damage is so low you can't really use the great phys conversion gems such as fire elemental damage or hatred.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Thanks to a couple fine gentlegoons, I am now in proud possession (League softcore) of a perandus manor map.

What in the gently caress do I do with this? Sell it for some hundreds of chaos? Save it to sell in standard for some number of exalted? Effort-sell seats for god knows how much? Use it like a chump for the atlas %?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Would that chance to maim support work with reckoning? 30% move speed reduction could be a decent defense mechanism.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bluemillion posted:

Would that chance to maim support work with reckoning? 30% move speed reduction could be a decent defense mechanism.

It's vuln minus the dot bonus without using your curse and also 20% more phys damage on top of that. The movespeed thing is kind of a footnote most of the time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

It's vuln minus the dot bonus without using your curse and also 20% more phys damage on top of that. The movespeed thing is kind of a footnote most of the time.

still, free application of the damage bonus with vengeance/reckoning/riposte is big.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904034
Finally you can have a true double shield build, now that Advancing Fortress has proper 3D art!

e: HOW DID I GET TO THIS ARTICLE I THOUGHT IT WAS NEW

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 16, 2017

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Played PoE for a while about a year ago. Got into maps a bit before work got busy and I had to quit. Whats a good cheap build to get to endgame with these days? I'm open for whatever. Played a 2h flicker build and a pretty generic bow user before. Enjoyed both. Flicker felt a bit like if I didn't have certain stats set right I'd run out of mana and be hosed. That kinda sucked but otherwise I liked it.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Gejimayu posted:

Played PoE for a while about a year ago. Got into maps a bit before work got busy and I had to quit. Whats a good cheap build to get to endgame with these days? I'm open for whatever. Played a 2h flicker build and a pretty generic bow user before. Enjoyed both. Flicker felt a bit like if I didn't have certain stats set right I'd run out of mana and be hosed. That kinda sucked but otherwise I liked it.

Mathils Mortem Morsu build is awesome, super cheap and can take you to endgame. It's going to get annihilated in the 3.0 expansion thats coming next month, so get while the gettings good.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Lechtansi posted:

Mathils Mortem Morsu build is awesome, super cheap and can take you to endgame. It's going to get annihilated in the 3.0 expansion thats coming next month, so get while the gettings good.

Crit poison builds might still work decently with that new crit multi for dots passive that's conveniently located near vaal pact.

I tossed together a quick and dirty one and it loses about a third of its dps vs Mathil's build in 2.6. A setback but not an insurmountable one. That doesn't include new support gems, deadly ailments could well make the difference.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 16, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've got two ideas for a build in beta. One is an earthquake herald of ash ignite proliferator (I loving loved those builds back in Rampage league), which has a nice synergy because the first hit can redline some enemies and the aftershock finishes them off with a stupidly high overkill. It also sounds like something that works nice with the new Emberwake,

The second idea is a more conventional assassin Terminus Est Flicker with the new chance to bleed. Again, no reason to not throw on a HoA prolif setup.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I thought HoA doesn't prolif anymore?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I'm planning to do Demi's Jorrhast's Blacksteel build and stack poison/chaos damage on SRS/ranged animate weapons so that you get lots of their kills (which auto-animates more weapons, which kill more things, which auto-animates more weapons...)

Combine that with the +10% minion damage per buff on you, and the mini-headhunter jewel (Demi verified that it works with actual headhunter, so I'm hoping it does with the jewel too) for insane momentum through each map. Maybe some spectres too if they get changed to be less annoying.

I really like the new passive gem that gives additional added chaos damage, as well as a bunch of other poo poo that increases the poison damage at the cost of the initial hit (making it even more likely that I get the kill)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I woke up to find my Tyrael cosplay is the highest upvoted thread on the subreddit by a decent margin.

I finally beat the game.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 16, 2017

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Somehow I've found 4 Cartographer's Strongboxes in the past 24 hours on the LHC race. I mean the highest was in a T5 map so not exactly the most useful but still, what the hell.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Insurrectionist posted:

Somehow I've found 4 Cartographer's Strongboxes in the past 24 hours on the LHC race. I mean the highest was in a T5 map so not exactly the most useful but still, what the hell.

In lower maps and act 4 merc, they are about as rare as arcanist, they get more and more rare as you go up tiers until level 80+ zones where they can't spawn.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Huh, I literally never saw one in all of regular Legacy I think, and only 1 or 2 in previous leagues so I figured they were really rare no matter the area

I did find 3 Diviners and two unique strongboxes over two days towards the end of Legacy which was fun and probably used up all my strongbox RNG

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

funmanguy posted:

In lower maps and act 4 merc, they are about as rare as arcanist, they get more and more rare as you go up tiers until level 80+ zones where they can't spawn.

Oh yeesh

Is this also true for perandus archives?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jinnigan posted:

Oh yeesh

Is this also true for perandus archives?

Archives don't have a max zone level where they can appear. Not sure if they are more rare in higher maps, if they are ggg hasn't said anything about it. They are very rare tho, I've stacked up something like 35k perandus coins in legacy and haven't seen one naturally, i bought the leaguestone for the challenge.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Thanks to a couple fine gentlegoons, I am now in proud possession (League softcore) of a perandus manor map.

What in the gently caress do I do with this? Sell it for some hundreds of chaos? Save it to sell in standard for some number of exalted? Effort-sell seats for god knows how much? Use it like a chump for the atlas %?

Anyone?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

There are two things that would stop me from selling it. (1) Can I use the money better than running a map? and (2) Will it offend the people who got me the map?

Every time I have used something valuable like that, I end up wishing I had sold it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

NPR Journalizard posted:

There are two things that would stop me from selling it. (1) Can I use the money better than running a map? and (2) Will it offend the people who got me the map?

Every time I have used something valuable like that, I end up wishing I had sold it.

Well, it was my good fortune and the nice goonfriends simply helped me get the rest of the coins, which I paid nicely for. So I doubt #2.

#1 is really...would I rather get the completion of the atlas (on standard, presumably, since league is ending soon) or have the hundreds of chaos and then, I dunno, buy a shitton of nice gear to make my RF chieftain bitchin.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Lechtansi posted:

Ah, I forgot that 3.0 was coming so soon. Maybe I should be trying to get into the beta for that instead? How closed is it, if I haven't played in a bit and haven't paid any money?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Well, it was my good fortune and the nice goonfriends simply helped me get the rest of the coins, which I paid nicely for. So I doubt #2.

#1 is really...would I rather get the completion of the atlas (on standard, presumably, since league is ending soon) or have the hundreds of chaos and then, I dunno, buy a shitton of nice gear to make my RF chieftain bitchin.

personally, I dont give a rats rear end about completion bonuses, so I take the money every day.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Gejimayu posted:

Ah, I forgot that 3.0 was coming so soon. Maybe I should be trying to get into the beta for that instead? How closed is it, if I haven't played in a bit and haven't paid any money?

If you just wanna play the game I suggest you play legacy. The beta is fun but a wipe is incoming and it's hard to gear your characters since nobody is selling much in Poe.trade.

If you do want to play it, you can pick up one of the supporter packs and you'll get a beta key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

silvergoose posted:

If you don't actually play Standard why not run it? It's not likely you are gonna get another one any time soon.

• Locked thread