Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Since presidential libraries are (in my understanding) privately funded and mostly designed by private groups couldnt a group make library mostly making GBS threads on trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Like, I cannot articulate how much it pleases me that Trump is so obsessed over his terrible situation. He legit might be more stressed out and depressed about life than Lincoln was during the Civil War or FDR after Pearl Harbor, all because he's so unbelievably self absorbed and selfish.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Like, I cannot articulate how much it pleases me that Trump is so obsessed over his terrible situation. He legit might be more stressed out and depressed about life than Lincoln was during the Civil War or FDR after Pearl Harbor, all because he's so unbelievably self absorbed and selfish.

Me too. I hope he's really, really unhappy with his current lot, and it certainly seems like he is.

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Glazier posted:

I need to know who he and his parents supported/voted for before I spend any of my very limited sympathy.

This too, amazingly white privilege doesn't work everywhere.

theyre blaming obama for not rescuing their son. im confident their republican

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
"These constant news stories are giving me stress ulcers." Trump says, turning to the white house intern. "I'm not under investigation, but it's a great amount of stress being lied about constantly. A great amount". The intern pauses, possibly wondering about bringing up heliobacter pylori, before deciding against it and nodding.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

The Glumslinger posted:

Ok, I could buy this one setting off the tweetstorm

Also, I think a lot of people are looking at the Tweet storm -> 2 hours later -> Bad poo poo in the media

Its not that it gets leaked in response to his tantrums, its that the paper reaches out to the WH for comment before publishing and then he rages all over twitter when he finds out

The allegory of the Scorpion and the Frog is going to be replaced by the allegory of the Trump and the Republican.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The Republican plan sure seems like like a lot of words to say "repeal with no replace".

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Game is about to start, Dems are the home team. Their starting pitcher is Cedric Richmond (LA-2)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rigel posted:

Game is about to start, Dems are the home team. Their starting pitcher is Cedric Richmond (LA-2)

You know what happens to people named Cedric when they oppose fascists?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Death panels!!!

Seriously, how is this not exactly what they freaked out about although it didn't actually exist in the ACA? Sorry, you've consumed your limit of healthcare, please embrace death thanks.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Rigel posted:

He has a good record as a pitcher except for last year
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...381c_story.html

quote:

Last year, Richmond wilted on the mound, and the Republicans won 8-7, their first victory since 2008. The night before the game, Richmond, now 43, had spent all night with dozens of other Democrats staging a sit-in on the House floor.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Guys I think this "Trump" guy might be crazy.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Death panels!!!

Seriously, how is this not exactly what they freaked out about although it didn't actually exist in the ACA? Sorry, you've consumed your limit of healthcare, please embrace death thanks.

Republicans Don't Care About Being Hypocritical

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ReidRansom posted:

Death panels!!!

Because you're not being "denied" something, you just can't afford it. And since more money = better than, it's only right that you die sooner, rather than there being any kind of rational decision-making process. As far as I can tell, that's what these people believe.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

Death panels!!!

It's OK when we do it. Their entire worldview is "US GOOD THEM BAD."

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ReidRansom posted:

Death panels!!!

They didn't freak out about it. That would imply they believed what the said.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The Dem catcher loving sucks.

edit: Top of the first is over, 2-0 GOP. 2 walks, 1 hit, 1 error, and a passed ball.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lemming posted:

Republicans Don't Care About Being Hypocritical

I think to be hypocritical you have to care about it on some level but rationalise it away when you do it.

They just don't care, it's a purely partisan attack and they know it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's OK when we do it. Their entire worldview is "US GOOD THEM BAD."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHash5takWU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

....Trump has a TiVo?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ralepozozaxe posted:

When was it that Trump said he would reveal whether there were tapes or not, wasn't it today?

I think he said that he would do it 15 minutes after he reveals his tax returns.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Covok posted:

Still can't believe our President is such a gently caress-up that a Congressman is shot by a political opponent and the news is back on him in 13hrs.

It's that Cheetoh Sky, man. Cheetoh Skies as far as the eye can see...

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lote posted:

The allegory of the Scorpion and the Frog is going to be replaced by the allegory of the Trump and the Republican.

In the new tale the frog compliments the scorpion's stings as being the best stings around.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
At this rate Trump will soon succumb like one of those internet cafe weirdos that goes on an inhuman binge and dies in their chair.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dems are rolling, the first 5 hitters reached base and they took the lead

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

skylined! posted:

So much for the post-congressional-shooting handholding. lol

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/nancy-pelosi-steve-scalise/index.html
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but unrelenting shithead Steve King responded to the congressional shooting by blaming Obama.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They're trying to keep the senators from realizing how hosed they're going to be.

How dumb are Republican senators that this could work.

No expert evaluation to make sure you're not inadvertently loving something up in a big way. So afraid that the public will hate it you're keeping it secret so you can hope they won't hate it as much as you fear.

Those should be huge red flags that voting for this will destroy their careers.

E: I guess they're backed into a corner because they're hosed if they don't pass something, so McConnell is using a psychological tactic to play on their hope there is a way out of this by insulating them from the public reaction to the bill they're writing

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 16, 2017

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Rigel posted:

Dems are rolling, the first 5 hitters reached base and they took the lead
We finally finished the great work of our time.

Politics is now literally a sport. Go Dems!

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
Is he even aware of youtube?

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/875485673616224256/video/1

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

How dumb are Republican senators that this could work.

No expert evaluation to make sure you're not inadvertently loving something up in a big way. So afraid that the public will hate it you're keeping it secret so you can hope they won't hate it as much as you fear.

Those should be huge red flags that voting for this will destroy their careers.

A lot of the GOPers supporting this poo poo are put in office by fuckwads who want everyone else to suffer slightly more than they are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/875467534480420865
Trump hiring one of his moron divorce lawyers to represent him is a low-key subplot that needs to be monitored.

lol. nice. i personally dont think pence is involved per say but i think knows a ton and he knows the ship is sinking and on fire. he is smart enough to lawyer up and try to save himself and maybe even get to be president at the end off all this poo poo.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Duke Igthorn posted:

LITERALLY NO ONE WANTS THIS BILL TO PASS
Literally no one knows what the bill even is.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Madkal posted:

In the new tale the frog compliments the scorpion's stings as being the best stings around.

And the scorpion doesn't believe he'll drown because he thinks he is the best swimmer, just the best, greatest swimmer.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

Since presidential libraries are (in my understanding) privately funded and mostly designed by private groups couldnt a group make library mostly making GBS threads on trump?

The daily show is one step ahead.
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/337587-daily-show-to-open-library-dedicated-to-trump-tweets

The Hill posted:

'Daily Show' to open library dedicated to Trump tweets

The real-life library will be free and located at 3 West 57th Street in Manhattan, just steps from Trump Tower.

“You can go to both of those buildings for Trump’s tweets,” Noah said, “but ours will let you in.”
The satirical news program says exhibitions at the library will include a “marquee attraction” that allows visitors to compose “a totally necessary tweet upon a golden toilet installed in the Oval Office.”

Another exhibit, “Sad! A Retrospective,” will showcase a video displaying “a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed ‘SAD!’”

:v:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

A lot of the GOPers supporting this poo poo are put in office by fuckwads who want everyone else to suffer slightly more than they are.

The important thing to do is to follow the money. Who is funding GOP think tanks and their campaigns?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Rand Paul looked silly at the plate. 3 pitch strikeout. Only 1 of them was anywhere close to the strike zone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

I want to see Trump break down live on TV. I want to see him lose hope that he's going to be okay despite everything around him constantly wiping and kissing his rear end. Him suffering is all that matters in ruining this Presidency, despite the fact that I want him humiliated and gone, his legacy shot and his actions undone no matter how long it takes. Trump must suffer an agony only the slighted egotist can be inflicted by.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The thought of Trump just meandering up and down the halls of the White House screaming "I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION!" in increasingly angry tones into any open door he bumbles across is just delightful.

Chris Hayes was right, the man is still a living dril tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Crabtree posted:

I want to see Trump break down live on TV. I want to see him lose hope that he's going to be okay despite everything around him constantly wiping and kissing his rear end. Him suffering is all that matters in ruining this Presidency, despite the fact that I want him humiliated and gone, his legacy shot and his actions undone no matter how long it takes. Trump must suffer an agony only the slighted egotist can be inflicted by.

Would be best if he soiled himself, just saying.

Oh, and if his whole family turned on each other.

And the word "trump" became synonymous with failure to a point that they have to change the term in Bridge.

• Locked thread