Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

My only criticism of the powerplay is that they are very inconsistent with their zone entries. They almost always look threatening when they establish possession, though.

cenotaph fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I like to jeer at Tocchet as much as anyone because I loathe favoritism to unqualified golf course buddies, which is all Tocchet is or ever will be. But honestly I really doubt he has very much functional influence on how the Penguins play at all, on the PP or otherwise

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
$5.5 million per year is probably a pretty fair price for Drouin, but LMAO that's more than Kucherov.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

cenotaph posted:

My only criticism of the powerplay is that they are very inconsistent with their zone entries. They almost always look threatening when they establish possession, though.

Letang

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Wonderllama posted:

$5.5 million per year is probably a pretty fair price for Drouin, but LMAO that's more than Kucherov.

Kuch is absurdly good. On the one hand I fully expect the Lighting to make the playoffs next year even without JD but on the other I do not trust Vasilevsky.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Kuch is absurdly good. On the one hand I fully expect the Lighting to make the playoffs next year even without JD but on the other I do not trust Vasilevsky.

In 18 GP after Bishop was dealt, Vasilevski went 12-4-2 with a 0.930 Sv% and 2.27 GAA. Small sample size and all, but it's definitely possible that he might thrive in a starting role getting 60 or so starts since he's playing more and not having to split duties with another goalie (see: Mason's complaints about the Flyers platoon system).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vasilevsky is very good

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Benson Cunningham posted:

Great Pyrenees. He's pretty much the best. If you train them not to bark all day they basically have no flaws.

I really thought the winter classic jersey would fool people. But man, for $30 I still think it was a steal.

For 30 bucks it ain't bad, Lord knows I've saved some money by going that path. Plus it pisses off that one Leaf fan, so even better.

Also as consolation here's mine. We adopted him three weeks ago.

Does anyone know what size jersey medium sized dogs might wear?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

For 30 bucks it ain't bad, Lord knows I've saved some money by going that path. Plus it pisses off that one Leaf fan, so even better.

Also as consolation here's mine. We adopted him three weeks ago.

Does anyone know what size jersey medium sized dogs might wear?

That's a good boy. :3:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
These are good dogs, everyone

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Have a passing out dog.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe this wasn't a complete fleecing of tampa but they've lost deangelo and now drouin from the same front office shenanigans

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Based on this and the Hall trade I think any team with even a single potentially surplus defenseman should trade them now.

Please don't overpay for Vatanen, old man Lou.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Do the defensemen have to be good are do you just have to have them asking for a friend

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Do the defensemen have to be good are do you just have to have them asking for a friend

You know in your heart yours aren't going anywhere.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
What about a package of four defensemen? Four is objectively greater than one.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Could Olli Maatta have gotten Drouin?

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

The Dirty Burger posted:

The Drouin trade owned, but why do they seem so desperate to get rid of Galchenyuk? Scored 30 last year

they drafted him.

see also: subban, mcdonagh

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

I doubt it since they'd have to protect him.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

eXXon posted:

Based on this and the Hall trade I think any team with even a single potentially surplus defenseman should trade them now.

Please don't overpay for Vatanen, old man Lou.

Nylander + a 2nd for Seabrook confirmed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Have a passing out dog.

HI BUCKY

BUCKY

HI :3:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Krime posted:

No

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I doubt it since they'd have to protect him.

You're not wrong, but I think the bigger issue is that after the playoffs the world's collective impression of Maatta is "that absurdly slow young guy that I thought was maybe supposed to be good but actually just coughs up odd man rushes every time he's on the ice because he's so slow"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So I woke up like 15 minutes ago and assumed there'd be no movement with a trade.

Drouin for Sergachev and almost certainly a pick? I'll take that.
I think it means either Radulov or Beaulieu are gone, and Bergevin plans on taking Galchenyuk all the way to Arbitration where he's going to argue he's a 2nd line winger with those kinds of comparables.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

hifi posted:

maybe this wasn't a complete fleecing of tampa but they've lost deangelo and now drouin from the same front office shenanigans

"Front office shenanigans" being code for "lovely player personalities" then sure

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

why is detroit's area code in the thread title. idgi

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I still honestly do not think Vegas would take Maatta if he were left exposed, for reasons Sharks Eat Bear described

Gio posted:

why is detroit's area code in the thread title. idgi

:thejoke: The Rangers bought Girardi out and Ken Holland really adores washed up old guys.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Upvotes please

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Eric the Mauve posted:

:thejoke: The Rangers bought Girardi out and Ken Holland really adores washed up old guys.
i thought thats what it meant but it seemed too obvious

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Here, have two doggies!

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Just watched MAF's locker cleanout interview.

:cry:

I'm pretty sure my first post on the forums were about MAF during his rookie year and 99% of my avatars have featured him as well.

I'm going to have to drive down to Vegas and check him out.

I know he has to go but it's still tugging at my strings.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

You're not wrong, but I think the bigger issue is that after the playoffs the world's collective impression of Maatta is "that absurdly slow young guy that I thought was maybe supposed to be good but actually just coughs up odd man rushes every time he's on the ice because he's so slow"

I dunno now everyone seems to see him as a lovable drunk. Maybe it was all part of his plan.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

On HAS chat, the only thing I feel safe regarding Galchenyuk and Beaulieu over is that:
a) Bergevin moves don't usually come after speculation. He keeps things watertight. Subban was foreshadowed, but he was traded after everyone thought the all clear had sounded.
b) Bergevin really values Beaulieu and puts a fair bit of value on Galchenyuk.

Krime posted:

I'm pretty sure my first post on the forums were about MAF during his rookie year and 99% of my avatars have featured him as well.

I don't know if he's gone to Vegas.
He's probably gone to Vegas, but they might go for a younger goalie who can be the medium-term future. I don't know who can meet Pittsburgh's requirements otherwise.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Krime posted:

I met him and Ryan Whitney at a bar in Wilkes-Barre during the 2004 Calder Cup playoffs when they were doing a radio show. Both of them were hilarious and cool even then. And hey, even Whitney had a big part in the this cup run by, you know, getting traded for Kunitz.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I will murder Goldblum if he trades Galchenyuk for loving Hjalmarsson

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Krime posted:

And yet the Scoring Help Hotline one is the one I'll never forget

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mike_V posted:

I will murder Goldblum if he trades Galchenyuk for loving Hjalmarsson

How would Chicago even manage to afford signing Galchenyuk to a new contract?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I hope MAF goes to Vegas and becomes a fan favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I hope MAF goes to Vegas and becomes a fan favorite

Same. He'll be a fan favorite wherever he goes though. He's a pretty likable guy.

• Locked thread