Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Jenx posted:

Yeah, I found some article she wrote right after I posted. I still don't see what the big deal is with a trans woman playing, but maybe that's just me. I mean, statistically some number of magic players are also gay. Unless that actively relates to their ability at the game, it's just an irrelevant factor.

Twitch chat is filled with garbage people and trolls. Emma Handy is a fine magic player and doesn't deserve the hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jenx posted:

Yeah, I found some article she wrote right after I posted. I still don't see what the big deal is with a trans woman playing, but maybe that's just me. I mean, statistically some number of magic players are also gay. Unless that actively relates to their ability at the game, it's just an irrelevant factor.

It's the fact that as soon as anyone refers to her as a woman, a thousand Twitch assholes have to chime in about how that's the wrong pronoun because she's biologically a man and by referring to her by her preferred pronoun you're systematically destroying the fabric of society by shoving liberal lies and falsehoods down everyone's throats.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Why are you not using Livestreamer (or at minimum collapsing the chat)? :confused:

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
So in short - Twitch chat just being Twitch chat. Got it.

Ha she had any big accomplishments or anything, by the way? Because the name just didn't ring a bell, I found some pictures of her online and...none of those rang a bell either. I gather she's an SCG grinder or something?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Jenx posted:

Ha she had any big accomplishments or anything, by the way? Because the name just didn't ring a bell, I found some pictures of her online and...none of those rang a bell either. I gather she's an SCG grinder or something?

SCG grinder and content writer, also does some twitch streaming of mtgo.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Nice showmanship by Matt Nass with windmill slamming his draw - would've been a pretty awesome moment if he hit a 0 cost mana source.

Coverage video quality seems higher for the coverage team camera and the battlefield camera - looks better than the commercials they're showing, looks much better than the normal magic stream cameras

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TwistedNails posted:

Twitch chat is filled with garbage people and trolls. Emma Handy is a fine magic player and doesn't deserve the hate.

Yeah she's fine. People are just compete poo poo on the internet as usual.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Atraxa Nic Fit? What is this insanity I"m beholding?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

AlternateNu posted:

Atraxa Nic Fit? What is this insanity I"m beholding?

We are seeing some bad play and missing cars text left and right - lol

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Jenx posted:

I'm not piling on or anything. I don't think you meant anything negative at all by this. I just want to say that there are some things that do relate to a player's ability to play magic that still can negatively impact them by their discussion. Like if you have a learning disability you still deserve to play in a feature match without having that brought up.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dehtraen posted:

This is some bad FNM level magic. Welcome to legacy!!!!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Jenx posted:

It's not about what she does, but what she is that grinds people's gears.

Emma is MTF trans

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dehtraen posted:

mcmagic posted:

This is some bad FNM level magic. Welcome to legacy!!!!

Also, I love how there's already an X-0-2 bracket in round 5.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

Playing Death and Taxes badly or Nic Fit in general makes you draw alot...

LOL He did the same thing as he did last game. 3 mana spell for 3 mana with Thalia out.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
So do legacy players just like, not get chances to practice their decks ever, or what? I'm flabbergasted that two people can be on camera, as part of a tournament they traveled to Vegas to participate in, playing decks in a four-figure format, and neither of them can correctly play a game with a Thalia on the table.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Voyager I posted:

So do legacy players just like, not get chances to practice their decks ever, or what? I'm flabbergasted that two people can be on camera, as part of a tournament they traveled to Vegas to participate in, playing decks in a four-figure format, and neither of them can correctly play a game with a Thalia on the table.

Legacy events are hard to come by unless you do them all on MTGO.

I went to a Legacy Grand Prix in 2012 and went 0-2-2 drop and I got through all of it not needing to read cards or ask about interactions only because I was lucky enough to have a place that did sanctioned Legacy every Wednesday night. I don't think many people get to do that.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Jenx posted:

Scg grinder and streamer. As grinders go she does all the things people find pleasant from across the table.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

What a fun format.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AlternateNu posted:

Make that X-0-3 in round 6

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

And with "fun" I mean "mind-numbing boring".

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

And with "fun" I mean "mind-numbing boring".

Legacy is a great format

I can play Flickerwisp in it and not be embarrassed

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elyv posted:

Legacy is a great format

I can play Flickerwisp in it and not be embarrassed

It depends on how slow and poorly you play it.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's the fact that as soon as anyone refers to her as a woman, a thousand Twitch assholes have to chime in about how that's the wrong pronoun because she's biologically a man and by referring to her by her preferred pronoun you're systematically destroying the fabric of society by shoving liberal lies and falsehoods down everyone's throats.

I actually had a local player try to convince a couple of us that it was incredibly unfair that Emma Handy was "allowed" to play but Zach Jesse is banned.

Can't ask him for clarification, because he got banned from every store around right around the same time for stealing someone's deck and immediately trying to sell very distinctive cards (like, foil Korean) from it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Voyager I posted:

Early rounds are a crapshoot as to quality. Either pros aren't off byes yet, or you get a random 4-0 through 6-0 that got a bit lucky, or you get people that are playing random garbage decks but are here to have fun, etc.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

It depends on how slow and poorly you play it.

I can't watch right now so I don't know how bad these guys are but Flickerwisp is legitimately a challenging card to play right

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I want to play a Legacy deck with only cards printed in the last 7 years. Is this possible?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AlternateNu posted:

I want to play a Legacy deck with only cards printed in the last 7 years. Is this possible?

You're looking for Modern

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

AlternateNu posted:

Are you worried about cost or border or what? Just want to do it as a gimmick?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Marshall doesn't know much about legacy does he? I'm laughing at the commentary right now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

Gideon.dek will be a real thing if this is true in modern and i'm going to hate it

if they're smart all previous planeswalkers will get errated to the same functionality as whatever they did to jace

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Skyl3lazer posted:

Are you worried about cost or border or what? Just want to do it as a gimmick?

Gimmick. The only thing I can think of is D&T since they finally reprinted Karakas.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

AlternateNu posted:

Gimmick. The only thing I can think of is D&T since they finally reprinted Karakas.

Soldier stompy

Also I thought I hated the stupid brb splash screen while watching on my computer. But it turns out now that I'm streaming this on my PS4, I hate seeing the same ten second American Gods stinger 8 consecutive times even more.

However angel moat stompy locking storm out was just the best

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlternateNu posted:

That Death's Shadow Legacy deck that plays Shocks instead.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
How did the guy playing Storm (Mattias?) manage to kill himself against the guy playing Delver (Javier)?

My stream cut off but the chat exploded with a bunch of lols.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Tortilla Maker posted:

How did the guy playing Storm (Mattias?) manage to kill himself against the guy playing Delver (Javier)?

My stream cut off but the chat exploded with a bunch of lols.

Ad nauseum, down to two. Huey said he could win from what he had, but then said later he probably couldn't. Either way, he kept going and hit a infernal tutor.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Skyl3lazer posted:

Early rounds are a crapshoot as to quality. Either pros aren't off byes yet, or you get a random 4-0 through 6-0 that got a bit lucky, or you get people that are playing random garbage decks but are here to have fun, etc.

If you told me the guy who kept trying to play through Thalias was just looking to shark his opponent like when grinders 'forget' to chalice their own spells I'd at least understand, but how does the guy playing D&T just let this poo poo happen when there's not even anything else going on???

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

What the gently caress

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Night Danger Moose posted:

What the gently caress

poo poo just got real, yo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Voyager I posted:

If you told me the guy who kept trying to play through Thalias was just looking to shark his opponent like when grinders 'forget' to chalice their own spells I'd at least understand, but how does the guy playing D&T just let this poo poo happen when there's not even anything else going on???

Its hard to let go of the fact that your opponents are not going to be honest all the time. Your too busy thinking about your own lines and how you are going to spend your own mana to babysit your opponents spending of mana. It takes quite a bit of practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Wow I can't believe they are killing Jace off. Will miss the guy.