Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Bojo! Can Fix It!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

financially racist posted:

lmao i really hope they have to call another election soon, may and the tories would be so utterly hosed

May can unleash chaos and violate the Good Friday Agreement, or embrace infamy and call another election.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

all of her sins have finally caught up to her and there's no move she can make to extricate herself from this or make her bullshit idiot coalition work, she's absolutely hosed

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

oliwan posted:

Deregulation, feels good man.

i'm feeling the beneficial effects of deregulation right now

oh wait that's not deregulation it's fire

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Vermain posted:

all of her sins have finally caught up to her and there's no move she can make to extricate herself from this or make her bullshit idiot coalition work, she's absolutely hosed

i hear the upper class can be very competitive in britain; she's making good headway on being more hated than blair so i guess she's winning?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
my mom's side of the family was offered a castle in england which we were evidently in line for; they told them to gently caress off. i think i understand why now.

my dad's side was irish nobility, but that means 'poor as dirt but you own some of that dirt'

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

money fucks up your brain unbelievably badly

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Hodgepodge posted:

my mom's side of the family was offered a castle in england which we were evidently in line for; they told them to gently caress off. i think i understand why now.

Suckers deal. Castles are useless buildings with sky-high maintenance costs

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

my one regret about may being annihilated is that cameron and osborne got out in time and will probably skate comfortably to elder statesman status despite their government being absolutely dire

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Peel posted:

my one regret about may being annihilated is that cameron and osborne got out in time and will probably skate comfortably to elder statesman status despite their government being absolutely dire

i dunno, i'll forever remember cameron as the dead pig fucker and the man who loving obliterated the U.K. despite not having a single good reason to do so

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

we both will but the 'official' histories will be written by the people who spent two years trying to shank corbyn while cameron and may marched the country off a cliff

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

don't buildings have like, escape staircases on the sides of em? like, i see that alot
Not on a building that tall, no, (there are good reasons not to have them in anything over about 3 storeys when it's always cold + wet which means big problems with slipping and rust), plus if the building's internal compartmentalisation hadn't failed (who knows how they hosed this up), and the fire hadn't been at 1 in the morning, probably 100+ people would not have died.

Gigantic aluminium fire did not help, also (as I'm sure your CMANO research boys will know, the Royal Navy almost made its ships out of the stuff in the 1970s-80s until there were a series of fires which forced it to reconsider).

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

johnson is probably done at least, the leadership contest will be soon unless we get a zombie may government and the video of him sneering at the fire safety dude is a gun loaded and ready in his braying poshboy mouth

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Baloogan posted:

Bojo! Can Fix It!
He was Mayor of London when those fire stations closed.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Bojo! Can Fix It!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3e-aYUusc

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

you know what they say, gotta break a few eggs to make the absolute boy his dinner

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gum posted:

yeah, aren't quite a few members of the nobility strapped for cash because they keep paying for repairs on their castles/stately homes and they're too proud to sell off their idiot money sinks?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dumbledore johnson won't stand for this!!!! no dinner eggs for you, death eater!!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Holy poo poo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

simply the best

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I wonder some times how Hilary Ben can live with himself knowing that his father is looking down pissing on his scumbag son

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

please explain for my most assuredly american eyes tia

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gum posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianElects/status/875403221392666624

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Uranium posted:

that's the tory logo on top i think

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

hakimashou posted:

that's the tory logo on top i think

molto bene 🍝😚👌🇮🇹

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/benjaminnorton/status/875460123560296448

Jezza is love

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

yessssss

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Uranium posted:

also, a tweet from Harriet Harman, a centrist, blairite MP who has never had any love for Corbyn:
https://twitter.com/HarrietHarman/status/875343713207189506

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if corbyn becomes PM does he get the piss tape

this is important

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

logikv9 posted:

the UK is too weird to exist

but too rare to die
it's tartar

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
trying to resist becoming one of those "i oppose the death penalty, but in this case..." guys wrt the fire

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
A life of quiet solitary confinement on Lundy or Scilly would probably also work.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
oubliettes for all of them

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

logikv9 posted:

the UK is too weird to exist

England is a conspiracy of cartographers

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

exmarx posted:

trying to resist becoming one of those "i oppose the death penalty, but in this case..." guys wrt the fire

ive come to the conclusion that executing these fuckers is the only solution because its not like they would ever face any time in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vox Nihili posted:

Fire and Security LLC is unable to assist at this time, please call again during our business hours

Almost literally had this happen to me in Manchester except I was calling the police about a screaming drunk domestic incident one floor above my flat. There had been a police station within easy walking distance of my building but it had been closed and demolished a year prior for no adequately explained reason.