Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Here's a rulings update from the guy running a local store champs here Saturday. I think I agree with all of it.

In the interest of everyone having the same understanding of the new items from the C-ROC expansion, we will be using the following rulings for Saturday:

Cikatro Vizago:
- If you change a Cloaking Device into something else, you remain cloaked until you choose to decloak.
- If you are cloaked, you cannot use Feedback Array or an EMP Device, as you have no opportunity to attack.
- You can NOT swap an Illicit that is not legal to equip. (i.e. Cloaking Device on a large base ship)

Genesis Red:
- Being assigned a Target Lock by Manaroo is not the same as acquiring a target lock, so Genesis Red’s ability will not trigger.

Jabba the Hutt:
- The illicit tokens do not work after Jabba is gone from play.
- Your whole squad benefits from Jabba’s ability.

Pulsed Ray Shield:
- You may activate the Pulsed Ray Shield ability even if you have a shield.

Sunny Bounder:
- You choose the order of Sunny's ability checking and resolving along with other after roll triggers. (i.e. You choose if HLC changes crits to hits before or after Sunny checks and resolves)

********these rulings will only be overturned if Fantasy Flight releases an official rules document (FAQ and/or Errata) between now and Saturday.********

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Sounds fair to me.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
I've been having a lot of fun with Cikatro in this setup:

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Cluster Mines (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Cloaking Device (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 25

Cloak on the first turn and swap in Scavenger Crane. The extra 2 agility is a godsend when tugboating at range one of enemies and decloaking plus Pattern Analyzer gives you bombing possibilities close to Advanced Slam (but you can only do it once per game.) It's a real terror when operating inside an asteroid field.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Zigmoose posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with Cikatro in this setup:

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Cluster Mines (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Cloaking Device (2)

Total: 25

Cloak on the first turn and swap in Scavenger Crane. The extra 2 agility is a godsend when tugboating at range one of enemies and decloaking plus Pattern Analyzer gives you bombing possibilities close to Advanced Slam (but you can only do it once per game.) It's a real terror when operating inside an asteroid field.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=...20Squadron&obs=

That gives me an idea

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Rigged Cargo Shoot with Trick Shot and scav crane?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I didn't know mines could be dropped while cloaked.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
This is the full list I've been running. Considering swapping out the Scout for an ace since the cloaked Quad makes it a bit low on damage output.

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Ketsu Onyo (1)
Shadow Caster (3)

Contracted Scout (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Cluster Mines (4)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Cloaking Device (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

I didn't know mines could be dropped while cloaked.

No bomb is an attack. They're either actions or on-reveal things.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Man, bombs are OP.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Man, bombs are OP.

Really it's only advanced SLAM bombs that are unavoidable. In all other situations they are something you can play around.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Really it's only advanced SLAM bombs that are unavoidable. In all other situations they are something you can play around.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So....I just won my first store tournament. In the final round took out two jumps and Fenn.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

So....I just won my first store tournament. In the final round took out two jumps and Fenn.
What was your list?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Talas posted:

What was your list?

Horton with ept Droid, tlt, expertise, vectored thrusters

Rey with Finn, kanan, sloop title, expertise, engine upgrade.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's a cool and unique list. Congrats amigo

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have a friend who has been running that exact same list for a while. It can be really powerful when flown correctly.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Note to self: always loving kill Miranda first. Always

Also you can never put enough stress on her.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
It can be hard to kill her first if she's in a list with Biggs. I think that's part of why having at least 1 munitions carrier is important right now. Even though you won't kill her, at least you can strip her shields to stop her from burning a shield to do more damage. Obviously this doesn't help with her dropping bombs.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I've decided on my store champs list for the 24th. I'm taking that janky-rear end Upsilon/Phantom list.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!226:98,44,132,-1,212,204:45:3:;79:27,36,142:-1:9:&sn=Weirdass%20Whisper&obs=

I've managed to clown some really good players locally with this list. The thing it struggles most with is lists that have multiple enemies at the same pilot skill, because they can shuffle Kylo's condition around to whomever it will hurt least.

The original iteration had Echo, and Echo is really fun to fly, but that extra focus from Whisper is 100% required to keep the Phantom alive in the early rounds against good opponents.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

What is the general strategy when flying that list?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Get Kylo up in their grill. Usually this means placing him at PS12 directly across from them.

If they shoot him, pass out PS0 crits. Use palp offensively to get those crits through. Flank with whisper and watch out for anything that can arc dodge or deal reliable damage.

If they don't shoot him and go for whisper, play it by ear. I often run with whisper at this point while Kylo settles in behind them.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

After 3 years of playing (I got in right before scum debuted), I finally won a store tournament. I’m pretty excited, and decided to type up just how that happened.

My list was simple.
Horton Salm with TLT, R2-D6, Expertise, Vectored Thrusters
Rey with Finn, Kanan Jarrus, HOTR title, Expertise, Engine Upgrade.

I usually fly triple x-wings, so this was a bit of a departure, but it looked fun, and a practice game I got in before demolished a TIE swarm, so I figured I was going have a good night.

Round 1:
Opponent was flying 4 x-wings. Oh Irony, you are a cruel mistress. They were two rookies with r2 units and IA, Garven Dries with r2-d6 and Adaptability, Porkins with hull regen bot and adaptability. This was a hard joust list. On the first duel, I did burn down a rookie (Horton TLTed the shields, Rey R1ed 4 hits and a crit). When the merge and flip came, he 3 turned his wangs, and realized he made a huge mistake. Rey bumped the rear most one, and was able to burn down Garven in one shot.

Then, the dice swung against me. I ended up having Rey with one hull in front of the remaining two. The Rookie had one hull left and had burned his IA already. Porkins had no shields. I hoped to eliminate them both, as simultaneous fire would let Rey shoot after Porkins killed her. Unfortunately, despite the rerolls, she blanked on damage to him. Horton did finish the rookie, but at that point he had no shields.

What followed was a tense couple rounds. At the end, Porkins was on the last hit point after burning IA, and I was down to two. He had init so he could fire first. If it went to a final salvo I was boned. 5 reds against 12. He shoots at Horton, range 3, and burns one hull. I tlt. First shot. All blanks. Reroll. All blanks. Now I am sweating. Fire again……three hits.

End Result: WIN 100-62

With one win under my belt, I felt pretty good. My MOV was pretty slim I felt, but hey, starting with a win always gives me the tinglies.

Round 2:

poo poo. I’m facing 3 green squadron pilots with juke, snap shot, and autothrusters, and also an Arc with stress bot and tactician. Basically, with juke and snap, unless they bump, free damage. Plus Autothrusters hurt my two turret ships. And stessboy, if he can double stress me, is gonna shut down expertise. This is gonna blow.

I deploy opposite side, and fake him out on the turns, managing for the joust to avoid being snap shotted. Rey burns down the arc solo over two turns, while Horton arc dodges the a-wings, and manages to strip shields off them. In the end, after some rock dodging (Including intentionally flying Horton over one to avoid getting snap shotted and then a r1 shot from two of them, I kill the a-wings.

Rey was knocked down to half however.

End Result: WIN 100-31
Alright. Sweet. Two wins? I’m either gonna come in first or second, if I can get a good MOV. Unfortunately, I knew who I would be facing, and at best, I was hoping to get some points.

Round 3:

This is the big pain. Two jumps and Fenn Rau. Scouts with plasma torps, extra munitions, agromech, Attani. Fenn with title, Mindlink authothrusters. It was the only netlist in attendance, so of course, final round, I’m facing it. Oh boy.

So, he set his jumps up for the joust on the right edge of the board. I decided to follow up. This actually worked in my favour. Fenn went on the other side to flank. This ended up being a huge mistake for him.

Round one, big ships scream towards each other. Thanks to a boost, I was able to get Rey in R2, and they didn’t have Target Locks yet. Her fire stripped the shields off one jump. The return fire didn’t get anything through (Thank you Finn and reroll) but did result in tls from the argomech.

After round one, Fenn was still on the other side of the board. I knew immediately he was going to set up to bump Rey. And I was ok with that. Expertise + Rerolls means I didn’t really need an action, but I would be in r1 of the other one, and that meant no torps, and he’d have to split fire. Fenn was still a non-factor.
Bump happens, TLT takes down 2 shields, Rey takes rest and piles damage on. Return fire knocks one shield each off Rey and Horton.

Round 3, I bump the heavily damaged one, and keep the other one under Rey’s arc. His Fenn still hasn’t made it (Sorta. He was r3, but I decided to finish off the bumped one instead). Rey takes a plasma torp, which causes her to lose what’s left of her shields, and take some damage. This is the only munitions fired all game.
Round 4. Surviving Jump sloops, just missed a rock by a millimetre. Rey sloops and avoids going off the board by a millimetre. Fenn makes his grand appearance. Ends up in R1 of Horton’s primary.

Shooting starts, Fenn piles some damage onto Rey. She’s hurting bad. Horton somehow manages to get a damage through, as does Rey. He’s down to two.
Next round, I dart Horton off. Rey is down to three health, and I want to put some distance between Fenn and the U-boat so I can snipe at them when Rey goes down. Fenn boosts right into R1, in arc of Rey. Shoots. Two hits and a crit. I get two evades. The Crit? Console fire. Rey fires back. Four hits. He adds the title evade. He still has his focus. He rolls….a single evade. Fenn goes down.

My reds on the TLT deny me again, and I only shave another hit point off the jump.

He decides to bump Rey to death. Keep me from flipping the fire, and shooting. It almost works. Final turn. I fake him out on my move. Flip it face down, pump 5 dice in and win the game.

Final result: Win 100-31

Total Results: 3 wins, 0 losses, MOV 470

God, that was fun, and I think I love this list. I found that sometimes it pays to fake people out with Rey. Since her ability and Finn trigger on her arc, people will anticipate it. She still does have a 3 dice primary turret with expertise, so I can bring the pain out of arc.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Have a local tournament tomorrow that I want to use Miranda in.
I know Miranda/Dash does well but don't want to really being a netlist. I have tried Chewbacca/Miranda with some success.
Is there a better alternative that isn't Dash?
K-Wing: •Miranda Doni (48)
Advanced SLAM (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Thermal Detonators (3)
•Sabine Wren (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

YT-1300: •Chewbacca (52)
•Millennium Falcon (1)
Push the Limit (3)
•Kanan Jarrus (3)
•Kyle Katarn (3)

Total: 100/100

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/16/cry-havoc/

Bomblet generator sounds incredible on a Sabine K-Wing.
Cad Bane scum crew adding a bomb slot is incredible also. Firesprays might actually be worth taking as bombers now.
The named Scurrg pilots look cool too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

canyoneer posted:

Cad Bane scum crew adding a bomb slot is incredible also. Firesprays might actually be worth taking as bombers now.

Holy hell that poo poo's bananas.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

canyoneer posted:

Sounds exactly like what this game needs.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Oh boy, Sabine with Bomblets and a Conner Net on Miranda.......yea.....

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Oh boy more bombs :geno:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

enigmahfc posted:

Oh boy, Sabine with Bomblets and a Conner Net on Miranda.......yea.....

Well at least it's on reveal. No advance slam fuckery. Cad Bane will be great on proximity mines.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyoneer posted:

I just came in my pants.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Here is everything

No dial, but according g to the article it's good. Red 5 forward, white 4 forward and red 3 Tallon Roll

Raged fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 16, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Scum Nym with the title and "Genius" is literally the definition of "Cool guys don't look at explosions"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys remember when goons used to complain about munitions and bombs not really being worth taking?

Raged posted:

No dial, but according g to the article it's good.

The dial is there. Click the link that says manuever dial

But here it is anyway.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 16, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Can anyone read what the cruise missile card says. Also looks like there is a new droid and turret they did not talk about.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

I've decided on my store champs list for the 24th. I'm taking that janky-rear end Upsilon/Phantom list.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!226:98,44,132,-1,212,204:45:3:;79:27,36,142:-1:9:&sn=Weirdass%20Whisper&obs=

I've managed to clown some really good players locally with this list. The thing it struggles most with is lists that have multiple enemies at the same pilot skill, because they can shuffle Kylo's condition around to whomever it will hurt least.

The original iteration had Echo, and Echo is really fun to fly, but that extra focus from Whisper is 100% required to keep the Phantom alive in the early rounds against good opponents.

What do you do vs Fenn who will just ignore the shuttle and dance around its arc.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

You can add Cad Bane crew on a torpedo Scout with extra munitions to add a double charged bomb/mine to the ship :shepface:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Raged posted:

Can anyone read what the cruise missile card says. Also looks like there is a new droid and turret they did not talk about.

It's Synced Turret, which is mentioned in the article and also comes with the TIE Aggressor.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Corbeau posted:

Sounds exactly like what this game needs.

Y'know what else this game didn't need? Bombs on jumpmasters. The rigged cargo net "sloop and poop" just upgraded the debris field to a prox mine/cluster mine.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's Synced Turret, which is mentioned in the article and also comes with the TIE Aggressor.

The card to the left of synced turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Y'know what else this game didn't need? Bombs on jumpmasters. The rigged cargo net "sloop and poop" just upgraded the debris field to a prox mine/cluster mine.

Pardon me, I need to go have some alone time :fap:

• Locked thread