Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Where dat job guide at tho

Where it be

Oh gently caress, accidental snype, I guess I'm gonna be the one posting dat job guide whenever it drops

edit: here it at: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

All these people mourning and/or dancing on the grave of Fracture but nobody remembers Scourge, smh.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
where's wallace, yoshi? where's the boy?

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Is everyone leveling RDM and SAM planning on running potd? I've done so much of it recently that thought of doing more makes me physically ill, but I know that's where I'll be. The new FATE changes look awesome but they only affect Stormblood FATEs afaik.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The thread is dead, long live the thread.

Just waiting on that live reading to start. And I guess the class guides would be cool too!

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I downloaded two patches today, I hope I can sleep without having to download another when I wake up

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I really hope monks will be okay :(

Monk is dead, long live the not-nippon steel.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

kaempfer0080 posted:

Is everyone leveling RDM and SAM planning on running potd? I've done so much of it recently that thought of doing more makes me physically ill, but I know that's where I'll be. The new FATE changes look awesome but they only affect Stormblood FATEs afaik.

Nah. Gonna grind FATEs, do whatever dungeons the queue allows, do beast tribe quests that I'd been slacking on, and maybe PotD a bit here and there.

Getting RDM up to speed at 60 is my first goal above all things, but I don't necessarily care about being "efficient". :v:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I wanted to get in on this new expansion but now I have a vehicle that I need to do major surgery on this weekend :ohdear:

e: also don't forget father's day you nerds

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Marxalot posted:

I wanted to get in on this new expansion but now I have a vehicle that I need to do major surgery on this weekend :ohdear:

gently caress you dad

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Marxalot posted:

Oh no! I hope your surgery goes well. Get well soon goon.

I got my dad an Echo Dot for Father's Day. I'm looking forward to his delight when he discovers you can ask it for dad jokes. And then the whole rest of the weekend, I am going to be a huge loving nerd.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mazed posted:

Oh hey just in time for there to be an aethernet shard there now too.

Prepare to see the Ul'dah market explode. :getin:

Oh god, I logged out in Uldah because I thought it would be just RDM.

Rip me logging in any time soon

Mazed posted:

Nah. Gonna grind FATEs, do whatever dungeons the queue allows, do beast tribe quests that I'd been slacking on, and maybe PotD a bit here and there.

Getting RDM up to speed at 60 is my first goal above all things, but I don't necessarily care about being "efficient". :v:

Same, once I kick the tires on RDM, if I like it as much as I think I will I'm going to get it to 60 but through a variety of means. Probably a fair amount of PotD but I want to practice organically and get some good instincts for it.

JT Jag posted:

Where dat job guide at tho

edit: here it at: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

Holy gently caress, the RDM melee combo ender finally has a potency and it's 470. :stare: That really does make melee non-negotiable.

A bit of theorycrafting, though: is it a good idea on some fights to just stay in melee range? You'd lose a little potency not doing the OGCD hop back, but if you can just turret for your spells and have a shorter hop in for your melee...

I'm also still a little fuzzy on how exactly RDM is meant to actually manage their MP, but I guess we'll see.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

A Spider Covets posted:

Oh no! I hope your surgery goes well. Get well soon goon.

I got my dad an Echo Dot for Father's Day. I'm looking forward to his delight when he discovers you can ask it for dad jokes. And then the whole rest of the weekend, I am going to be a huge loving nerd.

You missed the vehicle part, I'm fine personally :v:

kaempfer0080 posted:

gently caress you dad

Clean your room and for cripes sake get those Japanese cartoons off your wall. Your grandmother is coming over this weekend and I don't want her to see... that.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
welcome stormblood, rip dark knight

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get a realm reborn + heavensward other than waiting for the 3pack to release on the 20th for $60?

I'm on the free trial right now and don't really want to wait for the 20th to level past 35. It seems like a lot of sites have stopped selling the realm reborn+heavensward bundle though and if i buy them separately from squenix then im paying $70 instead for the 3.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm a cheap piece of poo poo that is also impatient.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Marxalot posted:

You missed the vehicle part, I'm fine personally :v:

Lmfao. Sorry, super baked.

PLEASE BE SAFE ANYWAYS

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

AngryGuy posted:

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get a realm reborn + heavensward other than waiting for the 3pack to release on the 20th for $60?

I'm on the free trial right now and don't really want to wait for the 20th to level past 35. It seems like a lot of sites have stopped selling the realm reborn+heavensward bundle though and if i buy them separately from squenix then im paying $70 instead for the 3.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm a cheap piece of poo poo that is also impatient.

I think stormblood just comes with heavensward now.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Velthice posted:

welcome stormblood, rip dark knight

They bad?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

good night dark knight

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

omg they so bad

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

Fat and Useless posted:

I think stormblood just comes with heavensward now.

Oh poo poo you're right I totally missed that on the product page for stormblood. The square enix store could not be more loving confusing or possibly I'm just an idiot.

Thanks.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So, exactly how do you pronounce "zwerchhau"?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mazed posted:

Gesundheit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I'm home from work I have to resist the siren's call of going through that music dump looking for more awesome stuff like Penitus

Think I'll watch some DrakGamestein vids instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C65-vuOikFM

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mazed posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wmszxFxhc&t=59s

I mean, they're basically weebs for medieval Europe so they may be wrong like weebs about japan, but they're the only ones who give a poo poo so might as well believe them.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

barrage can crit now

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where's that from?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ransome posted:

barrage can crit now

Oh jesus christ I was sure I was gonna play RDM, y u do dis

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where's that from?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Monk trait to give yourself a Chakra stack on a critical hit is a 50% chance. That's literally a free Chakra stack every other Bootshine. :stare:

Yeah everything's potency is down, but TP cost is also down. So... less raw output but almost unlimited sustain, with manic periods of Forbidden Chakra spam seems to be the new normal.

e: Internal Release is also now 30% crit up. They clearly expect Monk damage output to be based around making GBS threads out a constant stream of crits.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 16, 2017

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

not mine unfortunately

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

The PvP actions for black mage look fukkin sick. Foul turning into Flare or Freeze is both really cool flavor-wise, and alliterative.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
honestly can't believe those pld damage numbers went live. tank balance is going to blow this expansion

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

hello this is a video game we shall soon play

I am spear man

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Forer posted:

So what does "Storm Blood" even mean anyway?

Serious answer: Rhalgar the Destroyer is the Patron Diety of Ala Mhigo. He is associated with Lightning and the color purple. So the "Stormblooded" are basically Ala Mhigans.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I am white magic and there is no cure for my asshurt.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/whitemage/

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CuddlyZombie posted:

The PvP actions for black mage look fukkin sick. Foul turning into Flare or Freeze is both really cool flavor-wise, and alliterative.
I'm looking forward to just being able to toss Flare for free thanks to Umbral Hearts

I'm also Pretty Pumped for Warrior. Twice as much Wrath as before? Sounds good!!!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fffffuck was really hoping those preview numbers for monk would have changed more than a slightly higher chance on deep meditation.

Purification and Tornado Kick, still pointless.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I like the NIN changes. I wasn't expecting the "Hide now resets Ninjutsu timer", I always hated trying to line up my recast before boss pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

They should rename miasma III to miasma II, having 1 and 3 but not 2 is dumb.