Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ironically the Walmart was picked over and only had BoI and 1-2 Switch, so I do own a switch with no games right now.
download the demo of tetris x puyo puyo and play that a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I haven't liked isaac on pc so I doubt I will on switch.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I haven't liked isaac on pc so I doubt I will on switch.

understandable. if Isaac on PC with mods and all that isn't doing it for you, the vanilla switch experience certainly won't.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

nah its bad, he made a good choice

Tim Whatley...good???

Gringo Mystique
Aug 28, 2000

Law should be like death, which spares no one.
purchased blaster master zero for my Nintendo Switch Entertainment Console and....... it's good

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ironically the Walmart was picked over and only had BoI and 1-2 Switch, so I do own a switch with no games right now.

Are you a member of Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked? New games (not matter when they came out) are always 20% off. Grab you some Zelda and/or Mario Kart. Those are the only games I have on Switch thus far.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone care for social media data.

Metroid :unsmith:

I don't know what is more sad to me, Pokken being pretty low on the list, or SOTC remake being even lower.

Marvel Infinite is super low on that list as well, which is probably for the best.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Get ARMS, it's a good video game

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I was planning on going physical with the Switch because carts are cool but that plan went out the window the first time I saw the cartridges were the same size as my loving thumbnail.

I wish they were more like... Sony Minidisk size.

So go digital is what I'm saying. For the first time ever Nintendo is actually tying purchases to your account instead of the device so if you lose your Switch you don't lose all your digital games. Somebody steals my Switch I just have to replace the hardware and not the five $60 games I was carrying with it, too.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 16, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Imagined posted:

I was planning on going physical with the Switch because carts are cool but that plan went out the window the first time I saw the cartridges were the same size as my loving thumbnail.

I wish they were more like... Sony Minidisk size.

So go digital is what I'm saying. For the first time ever Nintendo is actually tying purchases to your account instead of the device so if you lose your Switch you don't lose all your digital games. Somebody steals my Switch I just have to replace the hardware and not the five $60 games I was carrying with it, too.

This isn't the first time. Your games have been tied to your NNID in the Wii U and 3DS era too.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it only possible to delink your Wii U/N3DS and move your digital games to another console if you currently had possession of, say, the old Wii U and a new one? That is not the case with the Switch.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the 3DS, it was. You had to do a physical transfer though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Imagined posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it only possible to delink your Wii U/N3DS and move your digital games to another console if you currently had possession of, say, the old Wii U and a new one? That is not the case with the Switch.

You can do it but it requires a call to customer service. I've had a 3DS, 3DS XL, and New XL and sold each system prior to getting the new one. Takes a couple of days though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Imagined posted:

You could call Nintendo and have them do it in case of theft/destruction/etc, but it would also mean losing all of your saves. Can be pretty catastrophic on Pokemon alone.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Imagined posted:

Nope, a call to Nintendo Customer Service can migrate all your Wii U or 3DS stuff to a new system (if you lost or broke the old one, for example). Your saves were lost though. Does the Switch do cloud saves?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zelda came in so I finally have something to play on my new Switch.

The Joycons feel weird and I feel like I have to contort my hands to switch from the sticks to the buttons on each side, and in Zelda I have to do that all the time. Will a Pro controller help with this

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

jivjov posted:

Nope, a call to Nintendo Customer Service can migrate all your Wii U or 3DS stuff to a new system (if you lost or broke the old one, for example). Your saves were lost though. Because Does the Switch do cloud saves?

Nope. It's something Nintendo is aware of according to Reggie. There's currently no way to back up your saves in any way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Joycons feel weird and I feel like I have to contort my hands to switch from the sticks to the buttons on each side, and in Zelda I have to do that all the time. Will a Pro controller help with this

Yes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so is anyone planning to make a thread for ARMS when it comes out tonight so people can coordinate for punchan and fightan? I figure it'd be smart to do that so this thread doesn't get overtaken with people arguing whether the game is good or not.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TFRazorsaw posted:

so is anyone planning to make a thread for ARMS when it comes out tonight so people can coordinate for punchan and fightan? I figure it'd be smart to do that so this thread doesn't get overtaken with people arguing whether the game is good or not.

There's a thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820816&perpage=40

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had to buy a pro controller immediately.

Only time I've preferred the joycons was Tumble Seed because of their deadzone

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone have experience with the 8bitdo controllers? They have some at Fry's and I'm tempted.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Noticed a weird thing today. I actually put the Switch in dock mode today for the first time to play some games. When I finished, I put the Switch to sleep and changed the input to my PS4. My TV would occasionally flip back to the input channel for the Switch. Is there a setting I need to disable?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Morby posted:

Noticed a weird thing today. I actually put the Switch in dock mode today for the first time to play some games. When I finished, I put the Switch to sleep and changed the input to my PS4. My TV would occasionally flip back to the input channel for the Switch. Is there a setting I need to disable?

You'll want to turn off HDMI CEC or whatever your brand TV calls it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does anyone have experience with the 8bitdo controllers? They have some at Fry's and I'm tempted.

I have the SFC30 and it is great. Solid on MK8 and Tetris. My only complaint is that the buttons are a little stiff, but that might just be that I'm used to using the SNES controller that came with my console 25 years ago that is mush.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Thanks.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I got one of their SNES replicas. The weight and feel of the controller is just about perfect. The only note I'd make is that the buttons are a tiny bit clicky -- you can feel them actuate, whereas the official controllers are mushier. The D-pad is a little stiff, but I believe it'll feel more like the older one in time. I love it, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a bluetooth SNES controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Morby posted:

Do you have a newer Samsung TV? It's a known issue and should be patched sometime.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

We spent half of today arguing about pizza. But talking about GAMES???

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_EU/status/875460548447674370

I bet she just threatens to stop the song if someone runs against her.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Arms downloading hooray

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lemming posted:

Arms downloading hooray

:yeah:

Can't wait to play ARMS as soon as I wake up!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/SuperMario_EU/status/875460548447674370

I bet she just threatens to stop the song if someone runs against her.

Robotech was right.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

download the demo of tetris x puyo puyo and play that a lot

Seconding this. Paid not a dime, played for long enough that I'm starting to feel like I should pay. :ohdear:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

I had to buy a pro controller immediately.

Only time I've preferred the joycons was Tumble Seed because of their deadzone

I put the Joycons in the grip and the handle helped a little bit but it still feels weird.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh man, if I need to get another controller, that NES30 Pro looks nice. I feel like I would be more at home with symmetrical sticks...

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Mario can't possess someone who's already wearing a hat right? Which is why they didn't possess the t-rex with the tiny cowboy hat they ran into in the Lost Woods?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

So Mario can't possess someone who's already wearing a hat right? Which is why they didn't possess the t-rex with the tiny cowboy hat they ran into in the Lost Woods?

Seems like it. The New Donker he possesses in the trailer is one of the few without a hat.:v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Yep, there's also Bullet Bills that have visors in New Donk City that you have to knock off if you want to possess them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

With Pauline back, it feels like a missed opportunity not using Daisy and Foreman Steve.

• Locked thread