Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
What the gently caress is snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
there can only be one snowlander

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

What the gently caress is snow

cold, hard water, but not as cold or hard as ice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mashed_penguin posted:

Holy poo poo its almost like there are lots of different types of snow with different sound properties between loud and crunchy and soft and muffled. Obviously only one person can be right though.

:goonsay:

Did you know the Russian berry-people have ten thousand different words for snow sounds

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
god if there is a tall building map I hope there are sky bridges because tall buildings suck right now

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

cold, hard water, but not as cold or hard as ice

i think snow can be colder than ice, not sure though since I'm not a russian snowberryman

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
My first chicken dinner was delicious and kitted out UMPs rule.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Untrue. I tried replicating this twice (campy schmampy), I still took normal forcefield damage.

Weird. I'll have to see if I can replicate it tonight. With my (terrible) play that's pretty unlikely but it could happen.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

I hope they add realistic skiing in the loudest map of all time, the snow map.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I started playing this yesterday and decided, "hey let's check out the last couple pages of the goon thread." Thread delivers. I know all about snow, now.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

cyanidewolf posted:

I hope they add realistic skiing in the loudest map of all time, the snow map.

replace red zone with the SkiFree yeti

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
What's the deal with the boxes you can open for credits on the main menu? It seems like they get more expensive after you buy oine but at some point drops back down to the lower rate? Are they going to add anything else to spend credits on?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

They reset to 700 and start climbing again every Sunday. I don't think more expensive crates have any better chances for cooler stuff. I'll be shocked and very disappointed if they don't add more clothing options later on. It'd be cool if they decided that vibrant colors actually existed, but that's true of the entire game and not just the clothing.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Vintersorg posted:

Can I get your autograph please?

PayPal me $35.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I'm really enjoying https://www.twitch.tv/joshog as another option for late night other than Grimmz. Solo matches are fun but Josh runs squad and duo more often and they seem to have way more action.

Also, Drdisrespect is loving terrible to watch, he's negative as gently caress when he loses, constantly blaming it on the game or something else. I'll watch Viss or anyone else during the day.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Captain Gordon posted:

please dont post here again

How are you going to make berry jelly without lighting a fire?

And besides, they're already adding zombies.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 16, 2017

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Stan Taylor posted:

What's the deal with the boxes you can open for credits on the main menu? It seems like they get more expensive after you buy oine but at some point drops back down to the lower rate? Are they going to add anything else to spend credits on?

Clothing is going to be purchasable besides the crates. If they make enough money through that then future content will all be free, which is cool. If they allow skins on guns that would be cool, but it's probably just going to be clothing.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm really enjoying https://www.twitch.tv/joshog as another option for late night other than Grimmz. Solo matches are fun but Josh runs squad and duo more often and they seem to have way more action.

Also, Drdisrespect is loving terrible to watch, he's negative as gently caress when he loses, constantly blaming it on the game or something else. I'll watch Viss or anyone else during the day.

I clicked that and saw someone give the streamer $1000 of their money they got from graduation or something and holy gently caress what an idiot.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

I clicked that and saw someone give the streamer $1000 of their money they got from graduation or something and holy gently caress what an idiot.

Yeah apparently the same dude gave 10k to someone else earlier so everyone is assuming it's stolen cash somehow. Then again I've seen some stupid loving tips that I'm gonna guess are legit.

Tarnien
Jul 4, 2003
Champion of the World!!!

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah Doc has been a lot less interesting lately. Seems like he's enjoying the game less. Complains tons, and also seems to be missing his shots/his opponents are getting better. Watching Viss+Smak, Grimmmz, and JoshOG (usually in that order) lately.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'll be shocked and very disappointed if they don't add more clothing options later on. It'd be cool if they decided that vibrant colors actually existed, but that's true of the entire game and not just the clothing.

Eh, Maybe a neon teal shirt with a hot pink target on your chest?

In MWO they did colors and most people gravitated towards black or neutral colors instead of bright 'shoot me please' colors

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

DiggityDoink posted:

Yeah apparently the same dude gave 10k to someone else earlier so everyone is assuming it's stolen cash somehow. Then again I've seen some stupid loving tips that I'm gonna guess are legit.

it isn't uncommon, all they have to do is file a chargeback & they get their cash back & the streamer has to eat all the fees

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

So I got a lot better at the game yesterday. Turns out I had my speakers plugged in backwards, so the left one was playing right sounds and the right left

First round after that I got pinned behind a tree, managed to triangulate the general direction, the guy repositioned as did I. Then I just dumped smoke on the field between us and rushed him with an UMP. Ended up 4th because I kept having to chase the circle.

UMP is God.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
JoshOG scams little kids and makes them gamble. Also he's irritating

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh I see. So other people are talking about snow the wrong way and you are talking about it the right way.

Ok.

way to prove his point

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Willfrey posted:

Getting a kick out of these city dwellersamericans weighing in on snow.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

nimby posted:

So I got a lot better at the game yesterday. Turns out I had my speakers plugged in backwards, so the left one was playing right sounds and the right left

Sorry, dude, but that is glorious.

Taking a break from snow chat, feel free to skip this post if you hate chicken dinner posts. I am terrible, so don't get too much foul-based nutrition.

https://streamable.com/mul83

I didn't clip the first kill - it was just some poor sucker who was running for his life in the blue circle with me. So instead, I included me freaking out over a wheelchair in the hospital. Tell me that didn't look like someone crouched and bobbing with a level 2 helmet on!

Luckily there was that second guy, or I would have been totally screwed by the circle.

Then I went to town with the UMP. That last guy actually had successful smoke strats - I did not see him moving up, even on a second viewing. His last smoke gave his position away though, because I saw the direction of of the corner of my eye.

Only just managed to capture the end of the game, but not properly because my recording hard drive got filled up at exactly the moment I got the win!

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 16, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Haha I think that your character should fart every 30 seconds

Haha just a tiny little fart but maybe a big one too sometimes if you eat berries

Maybe you could smell others farts too haha

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Thank you for posting a video. Seems like a good use for the thread.

I'm not good at the game, and I make clips to prove it! But sometimes I have good moments.

https://youtu.be/jIovLWgRJlw

I love this game. It's fun. Play games that make you happy. :)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Try driving through wyoming in february. Actually dont, you may die.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Some King of the Hill mode would be interesting, with none of that circle stuff. Make it high priced, and maybe some score logic based on proximity, to motivate people to converge.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

Try driving through wyoming in february. Actually dont, you may die.

But will it be a loud or a quiet death?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So sometimes I'll get shot and show no damage to any of my armor. Is it actually modeled so that if you catch bullets with your vest it does less damage but elsewhere (legs or arms for example) you don't get the protection?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Gosh I look forward to the tire changing mechanic.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

So sometimes I'll get shot and show no damage to any of my armor. Is it actually modeled so that if you catch bullets with your vest it does less damage but elsewhere (legs or arms for example) you don't get the protection?

Yes but limb damage is about a quarter of torso damage anyway.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i dont care if snow is quiet or loud, i want everyone slip sliding on ice instead

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sleds and huskies instead of buggies PLEASE

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dromal phrenia posted:

i dont care if snow is quiet or loud, i want everyone slip sliding on ice instead

1% chance while standing and firing to slip and take damage and land on your back, prone. .1% chance to also headshot your teammate

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Willfrey posted:

Eh, Maybe a neon teal shirt with a hot pink target on your chest?

In MWO they did colors and most people gravitated towards black or neutral colors instead of bright 'shoot me please' colors

Yeah I know it's impractical because most people will try to camo, including me. I think I just prefer highly stylized graphics over more grounded in reality stuff, but I realize a game that relies heavily on stealth isn't the place to nitpick about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

El_Funko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXAJdfT0XkY

Pretty happy with some of my plays in this duo game.

Man that round was nuts. Well played.

• Locked thread