Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I rode Netrunner into the ground when it was a ccg, I'll be there for the lcg funeral too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I have no idea why we're being so down about Netrunner. After the release of the latest MWL the game seems healthier than ever. There are a whole range of playstyles that are not only viable but strongly competitive. Also when I went to regionals I played against every Corp faction and every Runner faction. This is a far cry from the situation at last Worlds. Also Terminal Directive is really solid and I'm having great fun playing through the campaign.

What's going on, guys? Seems to me that there's never been a better time to be a Netrunner player.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm playing TD as Cambridge and the corp's got me down is all.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I got in a game of TD today and wowowow the suggested Steve deck is real bad. Really bad. I'm gonna rejigger it for the next game because holy poo poo it's bad.

Game is still good! But I'm definitely doing some swaps because I wanna use the new breakers and I couldn't get in anywhere.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

In 1 hour (7pm EST) I'm gonna stream the first of my weekly NetRunner shows. The plan is 90m of Bad Los decks, followed by a brief intermission, then 90m of Bad Skorpios decks. Join me!

twitch.tv/sofajusticewarriors

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 7, 2017

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

AgentF posted:

I have no idea why we're being so down about Netrunner. After the release of the latest MWL the game seems healthier than ever. There are a whole range of playstyles that are not only viable but strongly competitive. Also when I went to regionals I played against every Corp faction and every Runner faction. This is a far cry from the situation at last Worlds. Also Terminal Directive is really solid and I'm having great fun playing through the campaign.

What's going on, guys? Seems to me that there's never been a better time to be a Netrunner player.

I'm definitely not down. Meta right now is the best it has been in a long time.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I passed on the Flashpoint and Red Sand cycles so far, but I did pick up TD. Still haven't played it, though.

What's the best way to do so? Just TD and a single Core Set?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

I passed on the Flashpoint and Red Sand cycles so far, but I did pick up TD. Still haven't played it, though.

What's the best way to do so? Just TD and a single Core Set?

I did that and liked it. You can also go core cards in general if you can't be bothered to remember which were the 2 and 3 ofs in core.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Midjack posted:

I did that and liked it. You can also go core cards in general if you can't be bothered to remember which were the 2 and 3 ofs in core.

They say right on them how many are in a core

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Machai posted:

They say right on them how many are in a core

Fffffahahahahahaah

I always wondered what those dots meant. :downs:

Unironically, thanks for that.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Good stream, but god the Los burd deck is terrible without Sìfr

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hope nobody minds me reposting this from a few pages back, but I'm selling alt-art cards to try to get some money thanks to a car bill. Feel free to PM me or email me at my username at gmail.

1x Chaos Theory
1x Swordsman
5x Mushin No Shin
5x Bank Job
1x Haley Kaplan
4x Political Operative
1x Leela Patel
1x PAD Campaign
3x Plascrete Carapace
2x Pop-up Window

For FFG plastic tokens, I've got:
2 sets of NBN click trackers
1 set of power counters

I've also got Silhouette and Enforcer 1.0 deck boxes and a Run Amok playmat I could sell if anyone's interested.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
My local netrunner meta is me and 2 other guys. They brew a bit and play their own hank. I don't brew, I netdeck from netrunnerdb with minor changes or adjustments. The other day I played with one of the guys and he got super salty about losing. I also have every card and I think a wider selection. Am I literally Hitler for doing this? I don't enjoy the deck building aspect very much. If there were a bunch of people to play and test with, maybe. I'm going to a regional game finally and I want to bring something good and also fun, not a home brew.

On a separate note, I'm really enjoying Seidr as corp (which could be argued as Man I since it isn't ETF).

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vandalism posted:

My local netrunner meta is me and 2 other guys. They brew a bit and play their own hank. I don't brew, I netdeck from netrunnerdb with minor changes or adjustments. The other day I played with one of the guys and he got super salty about losing. I also have every card and I think a wider selection. Am I literally Hitler for doing this? I don't enjoy the deck building aspect very much. If there were a bunch of people to play and test with, maybe. I'm going to a regional game finally and I want to bring something good and also fun, not a home brew.

On a separate note, I'm really enjoying Seidr as corp (which could be argued as Man I since it isn't ETF).

Netdecking is fine, but approaching a friendly game with a bigger cardpool is kinda not-cool. Like, I wouldn't sleeve up my legacy deck vs. someone's standard deck. You should have similar cardpools. Have you talked about switching to something like 1.1.1.1 with them? That would also let you split your card pool and invite a 4th for more games!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

vandalism posted:

You would drive me insane and I would not play with you. Netdecking is an inevitable and even important part of competitive metas — everyone's trying to find a new wrinkle on these optimum decks, or to come up with the next big thing — but you're basically bringing the assembled brainpower and field-testing of the entire Netrunner community to bear on two guys.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
On the other hand I don't know how I'd avoid reading up a ton of strategy articles and ending up with netdecks, I love learning about metagames.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

General Battuta posted:

On the other hand I don't know how I'd avoid reading up a ton of strategy articles and ending up with netdecks, I love learning about metagames.

The trick is to take second-tier netdecks

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Maybe agree on cache refresh decks or let them proxy

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

StashAugustine posted:

The trick is to take second-tier netdecks

This. No offense, but why would you take actual good tournament-level decks to kitchen table netrunner? If you're not, that's fine, but I still would get at least a little salty if you, say, took three desperados instead of one. If you're playing with two others, don't be that guy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

This. No offense, but why would you take actual good tournament-level decks to kitchen table netrunner? If you're not, that's fine, but I still would get at least a little salty if you, say, took three desperados instead of one. If you're playing with two others, don't be that guy.

Alternately bring a net deck from each side and let them play with it. They may enjoy the access to decks normally beyond their resources. But yeah, two guys vs the internet in a deck building war is only going to end one way.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Well, he has 2 or 3 cores. I'm not sure what he has or doesn't, but for the most part he has the same stuff as me. Also, we were getting together with the express intention of testing for a tournament. There is no meta here, but there will be at the tournament and I wanna bring something good that I've tested. He's just playing a non-optimal deck. He blows all his credits on durdling around and accomplishing nothing sometimes. Next time we play I will bring something of my own creation and save the competitive stuff for Jinteki and the actual tournament.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If you're tournament testing, then going full netdecking is fine imo. I try to play at least one in person just to get a handle on triggers, because jinteki is way nicer than my opponents will be.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

doin' the stream thing again

Blackmail Val and Blue's Ruse this week!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Anyone have any suggestions for a Steve Cambridge deck for the Terminal Directive campaign? We're using just TD and one core, and I am torn between anarch breaker suite and using all my influence on Savant, MOpus, dhegdeer or however you spell it, and Corroder.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I haven't played TD so every time I hear about Cambridge decks I still think Jinteki.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I haven't played TD so every time I hear about Cambridge decks I still think Jinteki.

I actually played a TD campaign yesterday. I made a Skorpios (piss-poor) Supermodernism for rush plus kill threat. My opponent used the Shaper list given as a sample without the errata or any modifications. I won five games in a row to win the whole campaign in one afternoon.

So yeah we're switching sides and playing the other IDs and both making decks. But the problem of criminal breaker suites is severe.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just play corroder/gordian/lustig/mammon in my Steve deck, supporting that breaker suite with 3x special order and a bunch of good criminal stuff. It's basically this: https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/895967 but without the mem chips, 2x process automation, 1 less brute force hack, 1 more siphon, and some more specific changes due to the matchup (not Skorp thankfully). It's doing pretty well, doing big turns with stimhack/mammon is great.

LordNat
May 16, 2009
http://imgur.com/a/3tkUu
Blood and Water spoilers.

Very solid pack over all.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Time for my bad and dumb commentary on the cards!

Alice Merchant - Not sure if this is as impactful as Omar, and requires a 50 card deck. It seems like the corp trashes the card before accessing, so you get to access the trashed card. This could be good if they're flooded and bad if they stick a trap in archives after the point where you can jack out.

Jarogniew Mercs - Hey look an orange Plascrete with some protection against Best Defense. Will the other colors get a Plascrete replacement too, or do shapers and crim have to import this or rely on Sports Hopper? Not sure how this interacts with All-Seeing I.

Bug Out Bag - Would be pretty amazing with Faust, Severnus Stim Implant, or another reliable way to empty your hand on your turn. Seems a bit too janky otherwise. Not sure how it interacts with Best Defense.

Maui - It isn't Desperado. Maybe if all you ever want to do is run HQ, but even then, recurring credits are only good for one HQ run per turn so you can't even get Temujin synergy.

Keros McIntyre - I guess nice if you're already derezzing ice left and right. Saves two credits per use of Rubicon Switch? Slightly softens the blow of bird breaker derezzes? I don't see it honestly (this means Keros is secretly godlike because I'm wrong about everything).

Daredevil - 2 MU and sort-of Patron for 5 credits. I dunno. If you need 2 MU, Mirror is cheaper; maybe you're willing to pay 2 more credits for a useful ability. If you need card draw, Astrolabe.

Mass-Driver - A hilarious effect but is it worth the 8 credits, 2 MU, and 2 to break subs? Maybe jank-combo with Inversificator to make all the expensive ice behind the cheap gearcheck code gates. Or just get a pseudo-bypass with Kit since the corp wants code gates on the outside anyway.

Warroid Tracker - Stack 3 in the same server as your [insert any asset here] and make the runner cry. Throw in a Mumbad Virtual Tour just because. Or put them in your scoring server alongside your Breaker Bay Grid and 3 Black Level Clearances. Is it impactful enough to earn a deck slot in Moons? I don't know but people will certainly try it out.

Loki - My dream is to have just Loki and Mother Goddess rezzed, and host 3 Wetwork Refits on the Mother Goddess. Loki notably doesn't say it gains the "printed" subroutines, just the subroutines. But this is dumb jank (CI might try Mother Goddess + Loki without the Wetwork jank), and it might work just as well without the dumb jank. Despite the Bioroid subtype, if you have Loki copy, say, a Fairchild 3.0 it doesn't include the bit about being able to spend clicks to break. Only being 3 strength is a bit sad though.

Obokata Protocol - Film Critic is a card that exists. It will exist more frequently. That said I'm absolutely going to try slotting it into my RP prison deck. If I'm not mistaken, since the damage is an additional cost to steal and not an effect of stealing, it will flatline a runner even if they're on match point, unlike PE's ID ability.

Miraju - With all the templating errors recently, I'm not sure if the corp is supposed to shuffle a card from R&D into HQ if they choose not to draw. It's a nice deflection thing, but I don't think the subroutine is impactful enough for the runner to be bothered to break it and trigger the redirect. For that reason it won't even protect your DNA Tracker from getting Spooned. But I'm sure there's some AgInfusion combo that will love this. Something with Miraju as an inner archives ICE to bounce the runner to the outside of archives? But again, they could just choose not to break the subroutine. I don't get it.

Shipment from Tennin - Jinteki fast advance that doesn't require the setup of Trick of Light. Not sure if there's any ruse value in advancing a card that can't normally be advanced. Tennin Institute could theoretically never-advance a 5/3 with this, but the ID means runners are more likely to run anyway, turning off the Shipment as well.

Escalate Vitriol - Econ for a tagstorm deck? I don't know, I never see any yellow 4/2s getting played except Explode-a-palooza, and this doesn't seem better than that. Maybe it'll find a place in SYNC decks, I don't know.

Reeducation - It's a yellow 5/3, I never see those get play. This doesn't seem good enough to change that.

Traffic Analyzer - If there is a yellow glacier deck, this could probably go in it. Not unique, so stick 3 in your scoring remote. Maybe with Chimera for extra jank. Maybe put them in your centrals in your Aryabata Tech deck. I dunno.

Meteor Mining - They call out the classic Netrunner card I Got a Rock in the flavor text. This, sir, is no I Got a Rock. How are you meant to FA this after landing two tags for a kill? And even if you did, BOOM is cheaper and easier for the same effect. Or you can gain 7 credits after spending 5 advancing this. I don't see it. Maybe there's something there for Jemison but do they want to score a 5/2 when they could be scoring a 5/3?

(For reference, I Got a Rock
Asset - Black Ops - 3 to rez, 2 to trash
Click, [forfeit] 3 agenda points: Do 15 meat damage to the Runner. Use this ability only if the Runner has two or more tags.)

Standoff - Agenda fodder for Archer/Oberth but a nonbo with Jemison's ID ability. It's extra agendas for Argus to trigger off steals. If you score it from your opening hand instead of a Hostile, you avoid the bad pub but only net 3 credits and have to discard. Maybe it's best scored on your second turn, after icing up so you can keep the card you draw, assuming the runner doesn't want to trash any of their turn 1 setup. Or maybe it's best left in the binder.

Success - Clearly just for upgrading one agenda into another with Jemison. Need an extra click from somewhere to FA from hand. Advances the card rather than places advancement counters, probably specifically to work with Oberth Protocol but hey, the Renovations are live too! Maybe there's a 7-point combo with Hollywood Renovation somewhere. Jemison + Success lets you turn a 5/3 into a Government Takeover even without Oberth. Then you remember that Employee Strike is a thing.

Whampoa Reclamation - 3 to rez, 2 influence. Too expensive to replace Jackson pre-rotation and I suspect post-rotation as well. But hey, it's not unique so you could get 3 cards out of archives each turn, in theory.

Mass Commercialization - A niche but I suspect playable econ card. Builder of Nations loves it, but you only need 2 cards with advancement tokens to turn it into a 0-cost Hedge Fund. That's just, say, an Ice Wall and Hortum in any Weyland deck, or two turns of the runner not successfully running in Tennin. And it's a transaction, so BABW is a thing? Purple and yellow decks don't care about this card at all though.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

For the sake of argument, meteor mining at least saves you card slots over boom (I agree it's still bad). Cool flavor, though, and it'll be a passable cube card I think.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

here are some more spoilers courtesy of our east asian friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluDJHtrS3M

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Flashbang looks interesting, but not necessarily good. That being said, I like the derez/bypass support that criminals have been getting recently, so there's potential for it to be good, particularly with Keros getting printed. Arguably more efficient than Golden if you're all-in on the derezzing gameplan which is starting to look stronger every day.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Flashbang requires you to be all-in on derezzing because it can't break subs. So every sentry the corp rezzes is a MINIMUM 6 credits for you to break, assuming you don't have to pump. You really need to combo this with Forged Activation Orders or En Passant to make any repeated runs.

Seedling Transfer... maybe in AgInfusion? They would probably rather score a Nisei like every other Jinteki though. Depends on the agenda suite I guess.

Diana's Hunt - What the hell are you hoping to install? SMCs, that are already free? So you're paying 4 for a run event to save one click, maybe two at best, if you have multiple SMCs in hand? Maybe you're getting a fifth click with Beth, drawing all your breakers with Duggar's, installing them for free, then popping SacCons to save them from the trash? Maybe we're meant to import this into Geist for use with his cloud breakers that get trashed anyway, but we kinda want those installed ahead of time anyway to up their strength. I'm just not seeing it.

Fractal - Doesn't appear to be unique, Skorpios wants it but probably no one else, probably better for random snipes than trying to go all-in stacking three copies plus Underway Renovation to mill out the runner. 4 to rez is rather expensive for that, and if you're playing Skorpios you're getting EStriked (EStruck? EStricken?)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm catching up after taking the last couple of cycles off, and I'm more excited for this game now with rotation coming up than I have been in a while. I've been playing some Cache Refresh decks since there's a local store running events in that format and it's nice to have a restricted card pool, I'm basically playing core Shaper/HB and it's an excercise in nostalgia.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bug Out Bag gets much more exciting when you pair it with Fall Guys. You draw the cards then trash it, so you can keep it around and let it keep doing its thing!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Oh good god, that's nasty. Geist got himself a decent card there.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Does bug out bag dodge end of turn hand limits?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Kaethela posted:

Bug Out Bag gets much more exciting when you pair it with Fall Guys. You draw the cards then trash it, so you can keep it around and let it keep doing its thing!

hahahaha :cawg: did they really put the sac effect after the colon? I'd say "what a clever intentional thing" but that's clearly just (yet another) colossal templating fuckup/inconsistency on FFG's part.

clowns.

TheParadigm posted:

Even if it did, are you gonna sink 6+ credits on something that can be Best Defensed before you can trigger it?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

hahahaha :cawg: did they really put the sac effect after the colon? I'd say "what a clever intentional thing" but that's clearly just (yet another) colossal templating fuckup/inconsistency on FFG's part.

clowns.

Even if it did, are you gonna sink 6+ credits on something that can be Best Defensed before you can trigger it?

The Fall Guys themselves help against Best Defense. But it doesn't address the issue of what kind of deck you're building where you controllably go down to zero cards before your end of turn triggers.

TheParadigm posted:

You discard down to max hand size before end of turn triggers, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

The point is, paying $5, a click (to play the card) and a card slot in your deck to draw 5 cards if your hand is empty is actually a worse deal than just clicking to draw 5 cards.

• Locked thread