Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6hk2cd/the_moment_just_before_mtgo_crashes_and_starts/

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4pAnln7heI

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Goblins 8-0 on stream.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

the new strictly better Gainsay might explain why Jace is a 'castaway' in Ixalan

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Could they not have made it counter a planeswalker, instead of a jace planeswalker? Would that have honestly been too good?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

GoutPatrol posted:

Goblins 8-0 on stream.

That game 2 was awesome, shame he just drew lands for game 3.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Destroy target green enchantment, forest or green PW. If Nissa, draw a card.

Basically everyone in the Gatewatch loses.

Ajani is fine so I assume he's going to show up to save Jace since we know he's in the second set of Ixalan.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

E: I'm dumb

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

If Bolas wins, there has to be at least one casualty, right? And it probably has to be Gideon since he's the most expendable character and i don't think has he any loose plot ends beyond this block

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Tales of Woe posted:

If Bolas wins, there has to be at least one casualty, right? And it probably has to be Gideon since he's the most expendable character and i don't think has he any loose plot ends beyond this block

Actually it has to be Jace because he's the worst.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Marketing New Brain posted:

Could they not have made it counter a planeswalker, instead of a jace planeswalker? Would that have honestly been too good?

Yeah, above all else it always reads ugly to me every time they are overly specific like this. The flavor come across just as well, either way.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

It's finally time for that Kookus and Keeper of Kookus reprint we've all been clamoring for!!!

That'll be how they announce the end of the reserved list.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, above all else it always reads ugly to me every time they are overly specific like this. The flavor come across just as well, either way.
I think it's a good reversal of the Oath cycle with the current wording.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

Destroy target green enchantment, forest or green PW. If Nissa, draw a card.

Basically everyone in the Gatewatch loses.

Ajani is fine so I assume he's going to show up to save Jace since we know he's in the second set of Ixalan.

I didn't expect to see another three mana LD spell, even if does come with some restrictions.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Only being able to blow up forests is a pretty big restriction.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Gainsay is a perfectly fine spell on its own.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Thank gently caress these are uncommon. It's a good trend to have cards that reference planeswalkers come further down the rarity scale.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

It's pretty hosed up that magic is stealing One Piece's plot points from back when I actually followed that story imo

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Sickening posted:

Is this a good deck or is josh just good at magic.

it's good. i played a version that is just worse and did reasonably okay in the main event today. people aren't really ready for real aggro decks and you just blow people the gently caress up

it's a mistake to only play 2 gurmags however, that card is nuts and super easy to turn on

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gplv17/head-judge-statement-on-marco-cammilluzzi-dq-2017-06-15

Marco Cammilluzzi DQed for lying to a judge.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm quite happy that it appears Bolas is winning. I've been rooting for him since Time Spiral, when instead of closing the rift he opened when killing a demon planeswalker leviathan, he instead sacrificed Leshrac's spark to close it. Also, my first EDH general.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Glad he got dq'd for something.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

OgreNoah posted:

I'm quite happy that it appears Bolas is winning. I've been rooting for him since Time Spiral, when instead of closing the rift he opened when killing a demon planeswalker leviathan, he instead sacrificed Leshrac's spark to close it. Also, my first EDH general.

He's a giant evil 5000-year-old genius dragon that can walk realities for fun, who is partially behind the other current major threat, the New Phyrexians (and the Eldrazi, though they were either bbq'd to death or ORB'd so they're a plot thread more than active antagonists right now.).

That's really cool, both ironically and unironically. Good on WotC for letting him beat up the Jacetice League and scatter them around to act as viewpoint rather than focal characters.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
A series of sets with a scattered Gatewatch makes a surprising amount of sense.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
okay uh bolas chat is great and all, but someone apparently has an entire foil sheet of the rares from ixalan, not just screenshots

via reddit: https://i.redd.it/pursgvgbnx3z.jpg

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GeneX posted:

okay uh bolas chat is great and all, but someone apparently has an entire foil sheet of the rares from ixalan, not just screenshots

via reddit: https://i.redd.it/pursgvgbnx3z.jpg

Okay list me some cool cards

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mezzanon posted:

the resolution is absolute trash and I kinda want to avoid spoiling the entire rare set for anyone who prefers not to know, regardless

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Heads are going to roll for this one, jesus. This isn't just a few phone-shots while you're packing the cardsheets out of the printer or whatever, whoever this is must have just straight up stole one and brought it home.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 16, 2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

ZeroCount posted:

Heads are going to roll for this one, jesus

It's because they don't keep them secret in a way that a way that matters in a world where everyone has a camera on them at all times.

It sucks but they need to change up their practices

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Mezzanon posted:

People are going to transcribe the entire thing on mythic/salv within a few hours probably

Also man Ixalan spoiler season is going to be pretty lame

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I think it's a good reversal of the Oath cycle with the current wording.

Don't the oaths all just say planeswalker? I only brought it up because I hate the templating, these are going to be fringe sideboard cards at best and there's almost no way they are too good without the clumsy specific planeswalker namedrop.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Angry Grimace posted:

It's because they don't keep them secret in a way that a way that matters in a world where everyone has a camera on them at all times.

It sucks but they need to change up their practices

Someone needs to print and package those cards in various places around the world.

They don't employ actual wizards who can bind the employees of printing presses to a sacred magical oath.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Announcing:

Oath of the Printwatch

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Don't the oaths all just say planeswalker? I only brought it up because I hate the templating, these are going to be fringe sideboard cards at best and there's almost no way they are too good without the clumsy specific planeswalker namedrop.

Do you consider Goblin King only buffing Goblins (instead of all red creatures or whatever) to also be a clumsy namedrop?

Also gainsay wasn't exactly a "fringe" sideboard card last time it was in Standard.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Jabor posted:

Do you consider Goblin King only buffing Goblins (instead of all red creatures or whatever) to also be a clumsy namedrop?

Also gainsay wasn't exactly a "fringe" sideboard card last time it was in Standard.

Hopefully this time around two of the top three decks will be U/W Control and Mono-Blue again.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jabor posted:

Goblin King - 1RR
Creature - Goblin Lord
Goblin Balloon Brigade and Mons's Goblin Raiders you control gain +1/+1 and mountainwalk*.
*see errata for additional effects.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mezzanon posted:

Sunbird's Invication 3R
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you cast a spell from your hand, reveal the top X cards of your library, where X is that spell's converted mana cost. You may cast a spell revealed in this way with converted mana cost X or less. Then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gainsay was pretty good in the tog mirror, but there's a closeup of part of the rare sheet and if you strain your eyes you can actually make out cards:

Some interesting stuff me and people on IRC found:
    Hatebear in the bottom right seems pretty good
    There's a Naya dinosaur avatar with vigilance trample haste that gets you dinosaurs from the top of your library
    There's a merfolk pseudo lord that seems like a pretty lame downgrade to Kira on its own
    There's a pirate admiral, although I guess that's not a surprise
    there's a spell that paths all attacking creatures
    The red enchantment with a million lines of text actually seems non-terrible
    There's a meteor that kills everything

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
2WW, Path all attackers seems pretty strong?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It'll be interesting seeing how a long term leak like this influences pricing. If people actually test ahead of time we might see some really insane hype on the chase rares.

I feel like a reversed tribal set with dinosaurs isn't going to have trouble selling either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Some Numbers posted:

2WW, Path all attackers seems pretty strong?

Personally I'm imagining the unbelievable blowouts when pairing it with Aven Mindcensor.